Significant Others

Options

Replies

• janarmac
    janarmac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and my significant other is 6'7"!
  • sullivann
    sullivann Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 6'7'' and I'm 5'10''! Haha. He's amazing.
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10". Hubby is 6'2". It works out perfectly I think.

I've dated a couple short guys in the past. The shortest was 5'6" (with a hope and a pray). I always felt uncomfortable standing next to them.
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am 6' and my hubby is 6'6". We've been together 12 1/2 years
  • TrillianJones
    TrillianJones Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and hubby's 6'-6'1"(ish) - I know I can wear 3" heels I'm still not taller than him! We met at a bus stop (Seriously! I know it sounds like a lame rom-com!) almost 8 years ago now :smile:

I wouldn't see having a shorty as being a problem though, I know plenty of couples like that. I do have a lot of tall friends who constantly moan about not being able to find a tall man though, and how they hate to see tall men 'wasted' on short women! My brother (6'4") is a full foot taller than my sister-in-law, so I guess that's what they mean...
  • KelliHatfield1
    Options
    I'm 6'0", my hubby is around 6'1". I have dated men ranging 5'9"-6'4". Height has never really been an issue.
  • Legally_Natural
    Legally_Natural Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and my significant other is 6'3. We met during the first year of law school. We have been together for a little over a year and eight months.

I am not obsessed with height and I have dated men that were shorter than me.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    i"m 5'9" and my hubby is 6'4", we've been together 13 years. I always had a rule that the guy had to be older and taller. I like being next to him, makes me feel little. lol
  • Chickie0999
    Options
    My ex-hubby was 5'11 like me. He didn't mind me wearing heels, but then again I don't wear really high ones. :) We were together for 9 years, married for 4.5.

Current beau is 6'1, we've been together for 3.5 years... and he's so incredibly awesome that I think I'd date him even if he was 2 feet tall!! lol
  • durangocal
    durangocal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am 6`and my husband is 6`8". I danced with a short guy in junior high, a slow dance, and his face was in my chest, I was mortified, that song seemed to last for an eternity. I never looked at a short guy again after that experience. Plus my Dad is 6`10" and I wanted someone tall like him!
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've had my height (5'10") since I was in junior high. finding a taller guy was hard for a while, altho I didn't date much anyway. But I dated one guy that was a full head shorter than me, his dream, my nightmare. It was my ONE shallow "Must have" for a suitable mate (I had 5 total, caved on one, but he met the other 4!) and I found my hubby nearly 13 years ago, he's 6'4". we've been married for nearly 7 years now. WOW, that's a long time together....
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My hubby is 6'4" and I'm 5'10"....been together since I was 16 and he was 17 (almost 23 years). I love that he is taller than me...shorter people make me self conscious about my height! Our daughters are both 6' tall...one is happily dating a shorter guy (by about 3" i would guess) and one is dating a 6'7" guy. Funny... but the oldest was always a head taller than everyone her age and the youngest was shorter than all her classmates until she hit puberty and grew almost a foot in a little over a year! My youngest had a tough time and ended up with the nasty nickname of "Godzilla". I think her hard time was due to the fast transition ...going from the dainty popular group to towering over everyone. Took a few years for her to get comfortable with her height.

Don't mind me I tend to ramble!! LOL
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my fiance is 6'2"-6'3". I loooove that I can wear super-high heels and I can either be just a smidge shorter or at least the same height.
  • JustACaJen
    JustACaJen Posts: 83 Member
    Options

I used to work at a country line dancing bar... best place to find the country guys over 6'!!!!

This is so true. I used to go out to one fairly regular and could always find some tall cowboys to dance with. My current boyfriend I met 5 years ago on MySpace! HAHAHA!! (I love telling people that!) He is 6'4" (I am 6'2"). On MySpace you could search by age, sex, location, and height. I met a lot of guys there. It was Match.com for free :) Anyway, we have been together 5 years so I guess it was a good find :)
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    When DH and I sit down we are shoulder to shoulder and eye to eye.
    He's says he's 5,10, but I don't think so.

The one thing I try to avoid is being in heels in the living room and kissing him while he's barefoot in the kitchen.
    The floors are offset by an inch and once that is combined with the shoes or lack thereof and our height difference -- not so good.

I wore ballerina slippers to our wedding!
  • bigbarbie
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 10 and DH is 6ft 2 and a half. The half makes all the difference. We 've been together for Y_E_A_R_S.
    Way back in the day lots of short guys would ask me out but I was never attracted to a little man.
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm around 5'11" and my boyfriend is probably 5'9.5" though he originally claimed a solid 5'10". If I wear my Toms and he has on his hiking style sneaks we are the same height! It sometimes bothers me and makes me feel awkward and gigantic but he tells me I'm beautiful and that I'm tall and sexy so who can argue with that?! I've slowly become more and more comfortable with my height (especially as my width has been steadily decreasing) and I even own a pair of heels and boots and clogs with heels. I love that he makes me feel comfortable in my own skin :smile:
  • Vanessadk0604
    Options
    I'm 6'1 and i guess my boyfriend (of 8 months and best friend of 16 years) inst really either... we are basically the same height. It depends sometimes hes 6 foot sometimes taller some times shorter.

The best part is that growing up i was always at least a foot taller then him. we even went to prom i was about 6 and he was like 5'5-5'8 so i towered over him and i wore flat shoes

I have dated all types of men from a foot shorter then me to 6'1.
  • designkid78
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and by boyfriend is 6'4 and we've been together about 7 years. Its really the first time I've dated someone more than an inch or so taller than me. It's good that he's tall, it seems that the only dress shoes that I ever find in my budget have at least a 3 to 4 inch heel!
  • naseak
    naseak Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I only dates tall guys 6'1" plus then i dated one shorty 5'6" and ended up marring him:love: