Men on a Mission thread

Options

Replies

• djsysstem
    djsysstem Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ah, if it isn't too late, I gave wrong data.

LW: 156
    CW: 158

Still gained 2 pounds, which I'm upset over right about now :(
  • bmirob
    bmirob Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    hi all

LW: 241 (two weeks ago)
    CW: 336
    Lost: 5lbs
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    LWW 309.6 CW 311 +1.4
    I've been playing ping pong with the scale since Thanksgiving and decided to put my ticker back at where I seem to be stuck. Gonna go back and look at what I was eating/doing before October. It seems like I was more consistent before about that time. Bmirob awesome job on 5lbs this week. All you guys who are still checking in whether you've lost, stayed even or gained are awesome! I'm motivated not to let you guys down, so I'm gonna shake it off and get back at it. Had a small binge last night and it helped me see where I'm still not handling my stress well, so I think I'm going to add some meditation into my routine to see if that helps.
    Good luck all. Tim I emailed you last weeks chart. Sorry I forgot to do it before I left for work.
    Good news I get tomorrow off, so only six days this week. :-) It's like Christmas again.
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Greetings and Salutations Men. Welcome to a brand new year. This is our year to start, continue or finish our goal. Today is my 1 year anniversary on MFP. We have all had our ups and downs and it's what we do on the downs that define us.

I am wondering what motivators any of you have. Here are mine;

1. My daughter is getting married this September. I want to look good in a tux and for our father/daughter dance.
    2. My 30th High School reunion is in June.
    3. Me, my wife and our best friends are going to Hawaii in October. I want to look good on the beach.

I want to thank Steve and Shabbar for stepping up and taking care of last weeks chart for me and thanks to djsysstem for volunteering.

Smarterthanyoda and bmirob proved that holidays are not an excuse to let things slip. Fantastic job guys. I just got home Saturday after driving 32 hours straight from Texas. I also drove over 40 hours a week earlier going to Texas. Needless to say, the last couple of weeks was not good for me. I stepped on the scale Saturday and was ashamed at how much I had gained. I decided to wait till this morning for my official weight . Since Saturday I lost over 5 pounds. I should have just used that weight and I cold have had a huge loss next week. Oh well, I'm using this mornings weigh in and it is still a huge gain.

Here is this weeks chart.

weekofJan2-1.jpg
  • shabbarshaikh
    shabbarshaikh Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    LWW: 259.2
    CWW: 253.6

Lost 5.6

My congrats to Brother "SmarterThanyoda" on his great work out (lost 5.6 lb)...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I became your fan man!!!:smooched:
    I will send you a Freidn Request, I wanna follow your routine.... :smile:
  • shabbarshaikh
    Options
    Ah, if it isn't too late, I gave wrong data.

LW: 156
    CW: 158

Still gained 2 pounds, which I'm upset over right about now :(

Don't worry DJ, Loss & Gain is a part of game. And you will enjoy more when you Gain, Fight Back and loss again.

Best Of Luck :flowerforyou:
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Great Job yoda! Sorry I missed seeing your post yesterday. Awesome job guys.
    Thanks Tim for reminding us to remember our motivations.

I left the doctors office 1/3/2011 with AC1 of 7.5 and a diagnosis of pre-diabetes. Low testosterone and non-functioning pituitary and uncontrolled high blood pressure. (althought I was on 6 meds). I weighed 371 and had no energy and was thinking I was clinically depressed. The doctor said it was all reversible if I wanted to do the work. I found MFP in march when I was exploring my new phone and MFP has been a life saver.
    My motivation is stable glucose (check) last ac1 5. I'm all good there.
    Blood pressure at 115/75 on minimal meds. (ready to drop another soon)
    Can't fix the pituitary, but having lost 60 so far the energy is up and stamina is up. Don't feel depressed anymore either.
    I wan't to lose 86 more pounds to get to 225. My goal is to continue to learn how to eat best for my goal weight of 225 and have the weight come off as a result of permanent lifestyle changes in food and excercise.
  • soulsetfree
    Options
    What a great group. Thanks for pointing me in this direction Tim. It's just what I need to get back on track this year!
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    What a great group. Thanks for pointing me in this direction Tim. It's just what I need to get back on track this year!
    Glad to see you back in the fold:smile: I have your currrent stats and will include you in the next chart. Just make sure you send me your current weight next weekend. I post the chart on Monday and have noticed some folks are submitting theirs later and later. :grumble: just kidding.
  • shabbarshaikh
    Options

Yes Friend its a Great Group and we all enjoying a very good Healthy Atmosphere. You are Really Welcome.... :flowerforyou:
  • smarterthanyoda
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words, shabbarshaikh.

I have been basically been following the South Beach diet. I allow myself to go a little bit over the saturated fat it recommends, but I have a strict limit to the number of carbs I'll eat per meal. Usually, I don't even hit the limit. The only other variation from the diet is that I'll allow myself some vegetables (like carrots and sometimes potatoes) that it prohibits.

I was doing one hour of cardio most days of the week, but that started slipping during the holidays and I haven't gotten back to it. I don't log my exercise in MFP, but always put them up on fitocracy.
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    SW 427
    LWW 412.4
    CW 411
    GW 195

1.4 loss
  • toddhbrown
    toddhbrown Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys, I now know what it means to be a part of the "Men on a Mission" group. Here are my latest numbers. I weigh in every Wednesday. My starting weight was taken on 1/3/2012.
    SW/GW/LW/CW/WT/TWL/DLP
    381/215/372/??/??/9/(1/11/2012)
  • shabbarshaikh
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words, shabbarshaikh.

I have been basically been following the South Beach diet. I allow myself to go a little bit over the saturated fat it recommends, but I have a strict limit to the number of carbs I'll eat per meal. Usually, I don't even hit the limit. The only other variation from the diet is that I'll allow myself some vegetables (like carrots and sometimes potatoes) that it prohibits.

I was doing one hour of cardio most days of the week, but that started slipping during the holidays and I haven't gotten back to it. I don't log my exercise in MFP, but always put them up on fitocracy.

Hi Brother,

Thanks for the detailed reply, Good work that you follow a planned diet.

My Problem is I don't follow Planned Diet, last three months I have just decreased the quantity from the Old Happy Eating Days... and it paid off till now. But last week I did not loss any weight though I maintained the work out. I am in search of a Dietitian over here in Kuwait once I get one, I will also follow the planned diet program.
  • Bigeddy
    Bigeddy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Finally a good week again. Just logged everything, kept it under daily goal and for sports everything is back to normal. As I already know it is all a matter of mental attitude (and that is what makes it so difficult for me sometimes :wink: ).

LWW 120.2
    CWW 117.8 (loss 2.4 kg)

Greetings from Holland where we seem to completely skip the winter, not one day of snow or frost so far. The ice skates haven't been used so far...
  • tllstaco
    tllstaco Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Checkin in.

LWW 256
    CW 255

Keep up the great work guys!!
  • dbw1976
    dbw1976 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Checking in. LW 193.8. CW = 190.6 Loss = 3.2

Looks like a quite a few nice losses this week. Keep up the good work men.
  • whoreheyR1
    whoreheyR1 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    LW: 231.6 (1/9/12)
    CW: 230.4 (1(15/12)
    Lost: 1.2

Woohoo, going in the right direction again! : )
  • cnweiss88
    cnweiss88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I am back after a long vacation and I am glad to report a slight loss. It looks like I have recovered from my holiday/travel binge--I am excited to make this a happy and healthy year!

LW 194.6 lbs
    CW 194.2 lbs
    Loss 0.4 lbs
  • djsysstem
    djsysstem Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    LW: 158
    CW: 155

Lost 3 pounds, wow and reached my 2nd goal! Now I guess I gotta set it at 150 lb, not sure....