New Games?

Options
Merry Christmas to all of you!

As we're all board gamers, the question is inevitable ;) Did you get any new board or card games from Santa Clause? Which ones?

So far I didn't get one, but a new Wii game and a new PC game. But as thats not what this group is about I wont discuss those ;)

Replies

• Alast
    Alast Posts: 33
    Options
    Ok, now having been at my grandparents I got Space Alert, a real time cooperative game where in the first phase players try to program their bots with cards to get their space ship in the second phase in one piece past various threatening alien vessels.

So the players have to plan when to load energy, fire laser guns and move their bots to another room. Thats the real time part. A mission CD and a random card pile of threats keep each game different. Then the players can lay back in the second time when evaluating what theyve programmed. Nothing can be changed anymore, so they can just look, if their space ship survives or ends up as scrap metal in the space. A lot of fun ;)
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Oooh! I got Mansions of Madness... with all the monster miniatures! :) Woot!

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/83330/mansions-of-madness
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I have Space Alert!

I dont think Ive played it yet, tho.

I got the Walking Dead (comics) board game from my bf! Pretty happy about it. :)
  • Alast
    Options
    You havent? oh, you should, its really cool :) Stressful though but then so much fun watching your space ship fall apart in the second phase :D
  • Jovialation
    Options
    I own far too many games that I have yet to play. Its sad, really.
  • Alast
    Options
    No, i think thats normal :) Same here and i know enough other people with that problem. So i think it might be part of the hobby ;)
  • Jovialation
    Options
    haha, good to know.

My bf just ordered a couple more games from Amazon, too. Expansions, actually.
  • Nikkie_too
    Options
    Oooh! I just got a couple more games for Christmas - imported from Germany! :)

Both are awesome kids games I had a chance to play at the Essen gamefair. If you follow the links, there's pictures below. The games are soooo cool-lookin'.

Monster Falle - players work in teams to guide a little monster figure through the maze.
    http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/98122/monster-falle

Magician's Kitchen - colored marbles are "carried" by the players' characters to the matching corner cauldrons. The pieces "tip" with magnets at specified points on the board, as well as random points established by shaking the game at the beginning. The tip-points and the game are different every time. :)
    http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/85245/magicians-kitchen
  • Jovialation
    Options
    Neat! My bf and I just bought the Star Trek Next Generation deck building game
    and a Ticket to Ride add on, I forget which.

And Star Fluxx
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options
    I got forbidden island and Elder Sign. I still can't get my friends to commit to learning elder sign so I have not played it yet. I do have a version on my phone I play but you can only fight Azathoth in it.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    Never heard of em. hmph
  • Nikkie_too
    Options
    I got forbidden island and Elder Sign. I still can't get my friends to commit to learning elder sign so I have not played it yet. I do have a version on my phone I play but you can only fight Azathoth in it.

Forbidden Island is an awesome game! I've not heard of Elder Sign though...
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    New friends of our are board gamers and I'm so happy because I could get my BF into it! Now we spend all weekend at their place playing games.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    It isn't Christmas time anymore, but for whatever reason I just found this group. :-) I happen to be lucky enough to have a cousin who is a big time board game player and just opened his own game store. He has introduced me to so many different games. In our own collection we have Sequence, Risk(the 60's version), Elder Sign, Forbidden Island, Munchin Quest, Munchkin Cthulhu, Munchkin 2, Smash Up, Cthulhu Smash Up, Gloom, Clue, Firefly, Cards Against Humanity(not a board game, but still fun) and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. With my cousin we have played Mansions of Madness, Betrayal at the House on the Hill, Arkham Horror, Eldrich Horror, Colt Express, King of Tokyo, Last Day on Earth, Formula D, Zombie Dice, 7 Wonders, Dead of Winter, Pandemic, Epidemic and I'll add more as I can think of them. I really enjoy the Lovecraft based games and Betrayal at the House on the Hill and Munchkin Quest, although Firefly is creeping up there as a favorite.
  • ptsmiles
    Options

Elder Sign is a fun game. Do you know that you can play it solo? Harder, but still fun if your friends don't want to play.
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    I just bought Pandemic:Reign of Cthulhu. Good game!