Is anyone out there?

Options
Hello. This whole losing weight thing takes a group. Alone we become discouraged, and easily persuaded to eat things we shouldn't, or not exercise when we should. Let's have a healthy Columbus...together.

Replies

• getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Hello! I live in Columbus Ohio... west side :wink: I have been at this for a year now and really like to have supportive friends!
  • tanishaa1
    Options
    I am so excited! Finally another Columbus, OH person. LOL. I live up North and am totally in need of motivation and support.
  • Remy11
    Remy11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I too live on the North Side and would love to be a part of the group.
  • scoobydoojoe
    scoobydoojoe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I live on the north side too. Just getting started with a new years resolution. I have started a workout pattern at the North side YMCA before going to work in the mornings this week. Just found this program/site today on the recommendation of a coworker.

I definitely want people to know what I am doing so I have extra motivation to not give up. I like the Y because I can use the pool and laps as my cardio, running has never been fun for me.

My biggest problem has always been on the eating side of things (how else does a person get to 375 lbs). I tend to binge eat, and all successful dieting in the past has been fad diets that let me eat a lot of something. The hardest part of my resolution will be avoiding buffets and other high calorie intake events.
  • tanishaa1
    Options
    we are so glad that you are here! We are all here for a reason, so we must all encourage each other to stay focused and motivated. Welcome! I work out at Urban Active on N. High. I just started zumba and love it.
  • tanishaa1
    Options
    Welcome!
  • glowbuggy
    glowbuggy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am on the east side of Columbus, Reynoldsburg area. I have been doing this for a year now. I am a diabetic and I was not taking care of my sugars this past year, I lost 26 lbs, but my sugar levels were in the 450's almost sending me to the hospital. Well according to my dr, I SHOULD have been in the hospital. So now I am watching my sugars and taking my insulin, but all my weight, plus 2 lbs have come back. Struggling to make myself exercise. Man this is hard!