Week 2 Challenge January 8th-14th

Options
MsCyone
MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
Well done for everyone that got through last weeks challenge,. I'm proud of you all, this week we want to push high burning exercises to make sure our team is not in the bottom two and we need this to be a team effort so if you feel like you're falling off or losing motivation be sure to reach out to me or fellow team members.

Week 2 Challenge

jumpingjacks.jpg

To torch those calories in addition to your normal workout our goal is to complete about 100 jumping jacks or roughly how many you can do in 15 minutes. Based on the average weight of our team most of us can burn at least 200 calories in just 15 mins of exercise.

I hope everyone was able to hit the 64 oz of water last week because we are amping it up to 80 oz to flush out those excess pounds. Good luck everyone!!!

Be sure to post here to keep track of how you are doing.

Replies

• KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I might never leave the bathroom. LOL
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    15 minutes of jumping jacks every day this week or just 15 minutes of jumping jacks once this week?
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    The jumping jacks are no problem but I can't do the water-I have kidney disease :( I can stick with the 64 oz though!
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Okay, just to confirm, starting today we do 80 ounces of water and 15 min of jumping jacks. We no longer have to do the fruit/veggie with every meal now?
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    I believe so. We still have the burpees for the main group too.
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i think the water really help me last week. anyone doing the food challenge also? i can deffinately do jumping jacks.
  • losinglbs0208
    Options
    I love jumping jacks. I do them every commercial break of Biggest Loser and also do about 50 every gym visit. They're great for getting your heart rate up!
    Water is awesome, too. This is a good challenge!
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    I don't like them because my boobs bounce to much. LOL BUT they are good for you. I wanted to kill Jillian on the 30 DS video. She does a lot of them.
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Finished grocery shopping and made a list of the foods I have on hand and suggestions for meals with them , then posted it on my kitchen wall so on the days I'm stumped and want to go out to eat I have some suggestions already there. :)

Jumping Jacks Totals:

Sunday:25 mins totaled didn't count just wanted to see how long I could go, this was broken up over about 5 rounds.

Monday: Managed 147

Tuesday: The plan is to get in 200 before bed, but I did hills today so we will see how my legs are holding up.

I've got to get better about completing my food diaries thats my work on for the rest of the week.
  • blueyegrl
    Options
    I admit it, I wasn't able to get my jumping jacks in today! Did them Sunday and Monday and planned on doing them today after I did the treadmill (couch to 5k first day) and I got my butt kicked!! There was no way. I WILL do them tomorrow though! And Thursday is my next day for C to 5K so I will do the jumping jacks before e treadmill!! Hope everyone else is doing good with them!!
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my rest day due to staying two extra hours at work, but I got 120 jumping jacks in today :) Keep up the great work ladies!
  • blueyegrl
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just checking in, missed my jumping jacks twice this week, but got back on them yesterday. Weighed in today at 219.8. I think that's only a 1.8 loss from my beginning weight on the challenge, so not happy about that, but that's a total of 18 pounds since I began MFP in November, so feeling really good about that. Just want to do better at this challenge. Hope I don't get "eliminated" this week! *sigh*. I hope you all had a great week, can't wait to see the weigh in totals for everyone! Good luck Team!!
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    Mine wasn't better. I am NOT happy this morning. Ahhhh well.

I drank a lot more water thanks to this challenge. I got my water in each day. I have upped my workouts. Almost back to presurgery workouts. Almost. Still slower then normal but getting so close.

I ate all my fruits and veggies the first week. Came to the conclusion I just can't like cucumbers. :)

I only did 10 burpess. I tried but they are you know what. Going to keep trying. If they are this hard they must be something I need.
  • krista010105
    Options
    the only jumping jacks i got in were the ones that i did in my 30 day shred video on the days i did it. that video killed my legs so i couldnt even bend my legs to walk upstairs or get in the car.

im down 1 pound from last week. not what i was hoping for but a pound is a pound.

im now under 150!!! i weighed in at 149.0 just now!!!! though would have loved to have a 4 lb weight loss like i did last week. but this week has been a tough one for me emotionally.
  • krista010105
    Options
    and i got in 32 cups of water this week. not as much as last week but still more that what i would normally drink. next week im shootin for more water. i had my 4 lb loss the week i started drinking lots of water.
  • shelleytobefit
    shelleytobefit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I did drink more water - this is so hard for me.....unless it is ice cold :) As for the jumping jacks I did at least 50 each day, but every other day I did manage to get in 100-150 so I was happy about that!! Had a loss so that was good ~ wanted more but a loss is a loss!! Great work everyone!!! Oh, and as for the burpees I got 30 in total, but hated...I mean hated everyone of them....who ever said you start to like them had to be on something ;)

PS - to make sure I am doing this correct....I just need to email our captain my weight and then email the burpees to the other email address? Thanks!!
  • krista010105
    Options
    yes weight to captain and blurpees to the main email
  • shelleytobefit
    shelleytobefit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    yes weight to captain and blurpees to the main email

Thanks!! :)