Girl Scout cookie ban

Options
MassiveDelta
MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/01/13/ventura-girl-scout-14-calls-for-cookie-boycott-over-radical-homosexual-agenda/

My question is should the parents of the 7 year old be brought up on child endangerment charges for mental and emotional abuse.

I have 5 children 3 of them are past the age of 10. I assure you that even my 11 and 13 year olds aren't capable of making a decision like that and quite frankly they change their mind about what color toothbrush they want in a given week. The severe repercussions this could have on the psyche of that 7 year old boy is terrible.

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I hate popcorn, but this is going to be good.......
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Jimmy_bieber_Popcorn_cu-thumb-350x197-14878.gif
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Since we've got people on watch with popcorn in hand, I'll bite. I would support the "cutting of ties" with any organization that does anything in conjunction with Planned Parenthood.
    Now, regarding Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts........can't we just have "Scouts" and let the groups be co-ed?
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/26/bobby-montoya-girl-scouts_n_1033308.html

I wanted to find out more about the child in question. I read the article, I did not watch the video. I would see your point about abuse if the parents were forcing the child into a transgender role, this doesn't appear, superficially anyway, to be the case. I refer to the gay friends I have that say they knew from a very young age that they were gay, I would believe therefore that there are some children who know from a young age that they are transgendered. I don't think anyone could say for certain if that's the case with this child until they reach maturity though.

I'm with macpatti, I don't see what the problem is with co-ed groups.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    First of all, it's a free country and people are welcome to boycott anything they want. Believe me, no boy scout organization even makes it on to my front lawn before I am shutting the door in their faces.

What I find mostly sick and perverted about stuff like this is when parents use their kids as props for their ideological agendas. There is a guy in the Chicago area who is an atheist and has done some of the same thing - pushing his kids into the spotlight as part of his protests about church/state issues.

It's always disgusting when adults use children as mouthpieces for bigotry and hatred.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    That's disgusting.

I didn't listen to the video (at work) but read the article. Any 14 year old who says "Radical Homosexual Agenda" has a parent filling their head with hate and ugliness.

And why are they saying the 7 year old in question is a boy if "he's" transgender? Now I'm not 100% up to speed on everything dealing with the trans community but here's what I do know. They exist. They're human beings and they deserve the same rights and respect afforded to anyone else.

Just because they were born a little different in the areas of hormones and genitals is no excuse to discriminate against them. And you can see society only gets uptight about this because it has something to do with sex. We don't discriminate against people with other birth defects/issues. They're not trying to kick anyone with a cleft palate out of the scouts. But let something a little out of the ordinary happen to the private parts and people get all uncomfortable inside and want the person to hide in a closet for the rest of their lives.

Transexual/transgender people exist. Therefore they are deserving of rights and respect. If you've got a differing opinion I can't wait to hear it.
  • Azdak
    Options
    That's disgusting.

I didn't listen to the video (at work) but read the article. Any 14 year old who says "Radical Homosexual Agenda" has a parent filling their head with hate and ugliness.

And why are they saying the 7 year old in question is a boy if "he's" transgender? Now I'm not 100% up to speed on everything dealing with the trans community but here's what I do know. They exist. They're human beings and they deserve the same rights and respect afforded to anyone else.

Just because they were born a little different in the areas of hormones and genitals is no excuse to discriminate against them. And you can see society only gets uptight about this because it has something to do with sex. We don't discriminate against people with other birth defects/issues. They're not trying to kick anyone with a cleft palate out of the scouts. But let something a little out of the ordinary happen to the private parts and people get all uncomfortable inside and want the person to hide in a closet for the rest of their lives.

Transexual/transgender people exist. Therefore they are deserving of rights and respect. If you've got a differing opinion I can't wait to hear it.

+ 1
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    That's disgusting.

+ 1

+2
  • macpatti
    Options
    I was hoping for a good debate, but it looks like we're all in agreement on the transgender issue.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Well as much as I love a good debate I'll take it as a sign of progress that no one is saying they should be excluded. That's nice!

And really I'll always laugh at attempts by the scouts to discriminate against homosexuals. I mean is there anything gayer than scouts? The neckerchiefs and little shorts...

Jokes.
  • Azdak
    Options
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

It's not the law of the land, but it is the moral foundation upon which our nation was founded.

You don't have to make it any more complicated than this.
  • macpatti
    Options
    And really I'll always laugh at attempts by the scouts to discriminate against homosexuals. I mean is there anything gayer than scouts? The neckerchiefs and little shorts..
    Jokes.
    I so hope a heterosexual Eagle Scout reads this and comes at you!
  • Azdak
    Options
    And really I'll always laugh at attempts by the scouts to discriminate against homosexuals. I mean is there anything gayer than scouts? The neckerchiefs and little shorts..
    Jokes.
    I so hope a heterosexual Eagle Scout reads this and comes at you!

The great irony is that the evidence strongly suggests that Baden-Powell himself was gay. (Actually that might not seem ironic at all).
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    That's disgusting.

+ 1

+2

+ 3
    That little girl spewing hate, breaks my heart. And how exactly is the Girl Scouts in league with Planned Parenthood? I dont understand that connection.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I think what that 14 year old girl did is disgusting,shes the one we should be worried about.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

My question is should the parents of the 7 year old be brought up on child endangerment charges for mental and emotional abuse.

I have 5 children 3 of them are past the age of 10. I assure you that even my 11 and 13 year olds aren't capable of making a decision like that and quite frankly they change their mind about what color toothbrush they want in a given week. The severe repercussions this could have on the psyche of that 7 year old boy is terrible.

Let me just say that every single transgender/transvestite I have known which is a lot have known since they were tiny children that they identify as girl.The emotional scars from having to hide who they are are real trauma.I have read many stories on this child these parents are not forcing him to play with dolls,dress like a girl ect they just let him be who he wants to be.How is that abuse?
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    So this would not be the topic to try to sell my daughters cookies?
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options

:D
    I'm so looking forward to buying cookies this year. I'm buying twice as many just because.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

:D
    I'm so looking forward to buying cookies this year. I'm buying twice as many just because.

yay!
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    That's disgusting.

+ 1

+2

+ 3
    That little girl spewing hate, breaks my heart. And how exactly is the Girl Scouts in league with Planned Parenthood? I dont understand that connection.

+4

My boys are both Boy Scouts. (Oldest is just about the rank before Eagle. Just some details to take care of.) Fortunately, we found a group that isn't overly religious with more intellectuals than people who can only think what their church tells thm to think. (When we were looking for troops in the area when we moved here last year we did find a troop like that. I practically ran screaming from the meeting. :laugh: )

Oh, and if anyone's parents should be brought up on charges it's the parents of that girl. It's a shame her heart is so ugly and hardened at such a young age.