*** Back on Track ***

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Good job Darla and I agree 4 pounds is not bad at all and your attitude is great because you are not trying to be perfect and it is so normal to gain some pounds over the holidays!! Have a good week!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I don't celebrate the holidays but here is a wonderful handout with some helpful tips:

http://images.obesityhelp.com/forums/ohsupportgroup/Happy_Holidays_Having_Healthy_Habits_December_2008_Handout.pdf
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Good job Darla and I agree 4 pounds is not bad at all and your attitude is great because you are not trying to be perfect and it is so normal to gain some pounds over the holidays!! Have a good week!

Thanks Mollie!

How is your class going?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!

Well today was my graduation from Eating Disorder Program and wow was it intense!! Great program! Learned a lot for sure and it is worth every dime. and every pound gained too. They said most people gain weight -- well I certainly did. :grumble: I am going to blog about soon but now I am wiped out and I have a lot of stuff to catch up on. The lady told me today it will take about 2 weeks and she is right too. Even though I was not in the hospital I might as well have been.

I want to thank you all for your support during my absence. I know January I plan to be back full force.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs!:heart:

weight.png
  • darla499
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!

Well today was my graduation from Eating Disorder Program and wow was it intense!! Great program! Learned a lot for sure and it is worth every dime. and every pound gained too. They said most people gain weight -- well I certainly did. :grumble: I am going to blog about soon but now I am wiped out and I have a lot of stuff to catch up on. The lady told me today it will take about 2 weeks and she is right too. Even though I was not in the hospital I might as well have been.

I want to thank you all for your support during my absence. I know January I plan to be back full force.

((((Mollie)))))

I am so proud of you for completing the course. When you make a decision, you stick with it! Awesome.

How neat that you learned so much about yourself from the program!

You are so inspirational! Can't wait for the blog update :smile:

Darla

weight.png
  • alleyrat
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!

weight.png

Awesome Mollie - what an amazing journey you are on. You are an inspiration.
  • alleyrat
    Options
    Yes i want to get back on track. Exercise is my weakness - lack of exercise. I have committed to half hour of stationary bike every day. That doesnt sound like much but its a huge improvement for me.

I got down to 89 kg (sorry dont have my calculator handy) but i began to have some crazy fears around being thin. I have some, no lots of, issues. I cant keep avoiding them i have front up to my peculiar thoughts and feelings around food. I had hoped they wold go away if i lost weight, hmm.
  • darla499
    Options
    Yes i want to get back on track. Exercise is my weakness - lack of exercise. I have committed to half hour of stationary bike every day. That doesnt sound like much but its a huge improvement for me.

I got down to 89 kg (sorry dont have my calculator handy) but i began to have some crazy fears around being thin. I have some, no lots of, issues. I cant keep avoiding them i have front up to my peculiar thoughts and feelings around food. I had hoped they wold go away if i lost weight, hmm.

We can do it!!!

I've made it my New Years resolution and so far, so good.

We should all add each other and get a "back on track" support group going!

Happy New Year!
  • SherryL664
    Options
    What is the 5 day pouch test?
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Its this http://5daypouchtest.com/

Basically it means going back to the beginning again just for a short while. 2 days of liquids then gardually reintroduce soft protein etc. it can help put you back on track.

Well for me I have had triple therapy to get rid of the H Pylori that was infecting my stomach ulcer (due to my band), and now I am beginning to heal. Im trying to get back on track with my food intake and start losing again. I havent lost in a couple of months but I havent gained either so thats ok.

xx
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm two years out from LapBand surgery and haven't lost or gained since the 50 pounds I lost after surgery. Well, that is til three weeks ago since I got serious again. I have to do it this time.
  • African_Safari
    African_Safari Posts: 19 Member
    Options

It is also good to get the book! I'm reading it right now. There's some awesome tips and things we forget along the journey. I've had surgery in Oct 2008, lost over 100lbs but forgot about the basics. Water is my biggest daemon and since reading the book and getting the water in, eating right, I've lost 3 lbs already.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hm, just looking back at this thread. I managed to lose another 24 pounds, so I'd say that's progress. :)
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I started a 9 month full time school program while working full time about 10 months ago. Needless to say, with 16+ hour work and school days, eating on the road, eating from a vending machine on a break, and a band overtightening problem, I gained 12 lbs! I'm back on to eating right and working out....1 week and 8.6 lbs down! I'M BAAAAAAACK!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    This thread has been very quiet anyways wanted to share and this is if you are still having an issue with emotional eating.

I am reading (listening to actually) Geneen Roth book now, Take Back Your Life and it is very good. This is the 2nd book of hers I have read. Just wanted to share a bit of the basis or foundation of her books. Have an awesome weekend ladies!:heart:

Geneen Roth's Eating Guidelines

1. Eat when you are hungry. (Truly hungry, body hungry not mind hungry)

2. Eat sitting down in a calm environment. This does not include the car.

3.Eat without distractions. Distractions include radio, television, newspaper, books, intense or anxiety producing conversation and music.

4. Eat only what your body wants. (Big difference from what your MIND wants!)

5. Eat until you are satisfied. (This is different than full).

6. Eat (with the intention of being) in full view of others.

7. Eat with enjoyment, gusto and pleasure.
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    Hello everybody, had surgery oct 17, 2011. lost 134 pounds. Last time I weighed my self it was a while ago and it was 188. Weighed myself today because my scrubs in my thighs were getting tighter. I only gained 2 pounds....why is the major change happening, I know about shifting and stuff but this much shifting, what the ....?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello everybody, had surgery oct 17, 2011. lost 134 pounds. Last time I weighed my self it was a while ago and it was 188. Weighed myself today because my scrubs in my thighs were getting tighter. I only gained 2 pounds....why is the major change happening, I know about shifting and stuff but this much shifting, what the ....?
    It is call aging :)
  • HealthyDeb
    HealthyDeb Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sad but true....
  • saeverman
    Options
    I am officially back on track. I've lost 8 pounds in the past two weeks. I am 10 years post op RNY and regained due to steroids and let's be honest, some poor eating choices. I start going back to the YMCA the second week of January. I'm already seeing success. I've signed up to do my city (INDY 500) mini marathon. I signed up to do the training for it this year. Last year I trained on my own. I made it, but just barely. I'm excited to start taking care of myself again and extremely excited to be off the steroids!!!!

Stephanie E
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Join us Tonight for a Bariatric

TeleSupport Group Meeting!

Join members of the BSCI staff and Dream Team Tonight at 6:00 PM, MT for our exceptional brand of support via telephone! BSCI's FREE TeleSupport Groups are held twice each month; the 1st Monday and the 3rd Thursday. TeleSupport Groups last about one hour, but you may come and go as you please. All WLS patients, supporters, investigators are welcome to participate, learn, share, or just listen in.

First Mondays (Evening)
    5:00 PM Pacific, 6:00 PM Mountain, 7:00 PM Central, 8:00 Eastern

January 7th July 1st
    February 4th August 5th
    March 4th September (no class)
    April 1st October 7th
    May 6th November 4th
    June 3th December 2nd

Third Thursdays (Afternoon)

11:00 AM Pacific, 12:00 Mountain, 1:00 Central, 2:00 Eastern

January 17th July 18th
    February 21st August 15th