Options
Hi, my name is Michael and I am 27 years old and weigh over 350 lbs. My heighest weight was 389 lbs and so far I have lost 32 lbs. My doctors wanted me to have gastric bypass but I have decided to do the work myself by eating healthy and working out. My fitness pal has really helped me to count my calories and as long as I follow the program I am loosing on average 2 pounds a week. I could really use some guy friends on here for motivation and to help me stay focused so feel free to add me.

Thanks for letting me join the group!

Replies

• Muc730
    Muc730 Posts: 24
    Options
    Welcome........good luck......are you doing a fitness program or getting exercise?

cheers,
  • michaelinnc84
    michaelinnc84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yeah right now I am doing p90x and tomorrow I am starting C25k. I have lost 32 pounds so far.

Is there a way for MFP to email me when someone replies to my forum post?
  • stschwartz
    stschwartz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just started MyFitnessPal last week. My wife introduced me to it and she has really benefited from this program.

I am traveling, busy exec.. and fail to take care of myself on the road. So this program and the mobile app are great.

I had a paper-based approach before.. and that worked until I had to get on an airplane and travel.

I trust I can stay on plan and fine a support group to me and motivate others as I met my goals.

My first week I have lost 3 lbs and have another 12 to go.. before I set any other goals.

Thanks for letting me join!

Stephen
  • forme2310
    forme2310 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome Michael and Stephen

glad you joined the group. Hope you will find support here as well. Hey guys feel free to post what you want here I just want t see the group grow so please help advertise the group too.

As far as what mfp will send email for this is what I found

: Sends you a message Sends you a friend request Invites you to a group Accepts your friend request Accepts your group invitation Posts a comment on your profile Comments on your blog post Comments on your status update
  • michaelinnc84
    michaelinnc84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Congrats Stephen on loosing 3 pounds!
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    Just joined the group and recently started MFP trying to get back into shape and start eating right. I'm an Industrial Electrician who lives in Louisville Ky and works the night shift long hours usually. I'm 51yrs old and have been married for 19 yrs,have 3 kids 2 at home 1 away at college. I would like to get back in shape to be able to run a few 5K races this summer and considering trying to do the Warrior Dash.
  • forme2310
    forme2310 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome glad you joined us. Anything is possible I know 2012 is the year for alll of us to rock on!! Please please help make this group great by posting. I am doing a 5k on Saturday with my best friend Stymie we may wind up going a little slow because of him but that is okay its for a good cause just hope we have nice weather. No rain