Ideas for dinner ...

Options

Replies

• twinzplusone
    Options
    Any one have some "basic" ideas for dinner .. esp those that can be used for others in the household :-)
  • Goat1976
    Options
    Tonight was home made hamburgers, easy to change to suit each person. Another fav is burittos, either chicken or beef, I cheat and just add a sachet of taco/burrito mix to the finely sliced meat and then dry fry. Everyone just makes up their own so can add as much or as little as they want.
  • denz100plus
    denz100plus Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Burittos, are they like wraps? We do wraps often. Cabbage, carrot, tomato, onion, cheese, mince and sauces. Wrap and put in the sandwich press thingee. Yummmmmmm! Good way to get the kids to eat veges.
  • bekkaz
    bekkaz Posts: 5
    Options
    You gotta be careful of some wraps. I had been getting wraps from subway thinking they were the healthier option as less bread = less carb. But I was shocked when I started on MFP and looked them up. The following is just on wheat, white and a wrap combined without anything else.

Wheat: 190cal / 7.8 protein / 2.6 total fat / 0.9 sat. / 31.8 carb / 3.4 sugar / 3.2 fibre / 281 sodium
    White: 192cal / 7.0 protein / 2.4 total fat / 0.8 sat. / 34 carb / 3.3 sugar / 2.2 fibre / 296 sodium
    Wrap: 200cal / 6.9 protein / 5.4 total fat / 0.8 sat. / 31.3 carb / 1.3 sugar / 3.6 fibre / 448 sodium

So a wrap is higher cal, higher fat and higher sodium with less protein. IMO the only positives are that's it's way less sugar.
  • Kyzd
    Kyzd Posts: 12
    Options
    Bekkaz I noticed this too with homemade wraps we have them often as I always considered them as a healthy option but they really do take up the calorie in take! YUM but only 1 not 2 where as I would have used to have 2!!!
    (although those the jumbo ones I haven't looked into how many the smaller ones are worth perhaps I could have 2 of those haha)
  • kapitigirl
    kapitigirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a great tasting low calorie wrap, try Mountain Bread, Commonsense Organics stock it, our local supermarket doesn't (Pak n save) but then a Woolies or New World might. Off the top of my head I think it is only 70 ? cals per wrap. *off to check*
  • kapitigirl
    kapitigirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yup 74 calories per wrap, great for lunch, and burritos ;)
  • poppit77
    Options
    Must search out those Mountain Breads Kapiti girl! I love wraps for lunch, I have the Homebrand ones, 141 cal for one small one. Filling loaded up with some protein (ham, egg, tuna) and loads of fresh salad. Or for dinner with marinated meat, sauteed vege (mushroom, courgette, red onion, tomato) and a blob of sweet chili sauce.

Stir fry with Hokkein noodles is a low-cal tasty, filling dinner that all my family loves.

Been eating a lot of prawns with salad or stirfry vege/noodles/rice