Recipe - MIM & variations

Options
DahnaLane
DahnaLane Posts: 97 Member
I thought it would be a great resource for all to start Recipe only threads for everyone to add written out / tried out recipes for all to view in one continuing thread. (This is taking a wonderful cue from other groups)

To start the MIM recipe & MIM variations thread:

Basic MIM
Serving Size: 1
1/4 cup flax meal (8.09 total carbs, 7.6 fiber)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (0.64 net carbs)
1 packet Splenda® packet (0.9 net carbs)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (1.84 total carbs, 1.2 fiber)
1 large egg (0.6 net carbs)
1 teaspoon butter
(total carbs is 12.07, fiber is 8.8; net carbs is 3.27)

Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug. Stir.
Add the egg and the butter. Mix.
Microwave 1 minute (or more). Take out. slice, butter, eat.

Dahna Notes: I microwave for 90 seconds as a general rule, I found it best for our microwave. AND you will want to rinse/scrub out the coffee cup asap, as the dried MIM bits are a bugger to get out.

Additional Notes:
Your MIM can be toasted once it's cooked and topped with cream cheese if you like.
Be sure to use baking powder, not baking soda. Aluminum-free baking powder tastes better. Be sure the baking powder is fresh.
Feel free to replace the cinnamon with other spices or add sugar-free syrup.
Add a tablespoon of sour cream for a moister MIM.
Change the shape of your MIM by making it in a bowl.
Try replacing the cinnamon with 1/2 tsp of unsweetened cocoa (net carb count will be higher).
Make a sandwich MIM by by adding parmesan cheese, garlic powder and some salt and omitting the cinnamon and Splenda®. Use a square-bottomed bowl, then slice and put in the toaster to use as bread for sandwiches and burgers.

Replies

• abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked....Thanks!!!!
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked....Thanks!!!!

Sorry, double clicked....I guess I'm giddy with excitment.....
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Totally trying this. Is Flax Seed meal just ground Flax Seeds?
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Totally trying this. Is Flax Seed meal just ground Flax Seeds?
    Yep! If you ground them yourself make sure you process them really well, otherwise the texture of the MIM isn't ideal.

I added sugar free chocolate chips and sugar free chocolate fudge frosting to my cocoa MIM, holy cow that fixes a chocolate craving! Yum. I'm going to add chopped walnuts next time.
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll give -- what does MIM stand for? I've never heard of it?
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll give -- what does MIM stand for? I've never heard of it?

Muffin in a Minute! If you google it you get tons of different variations :smile:
  • SeattleGrl
    SeattleGrl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I made my first MIM yesterday, it was very good...much better then I had expected! I did experience a little stomach discomfort, I'm guessing because my system wasn't used to so much Flax. I tried the basic recipe but I'm excited to try a savory version to use for a sandwich.
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I made a sweet and a savory in one day. The sweet tasted like french toast (needed SF syrup. It was awesome!), and the savory, I actually used in French Onion soup with melted provolone on top. I liked the sweet better, but I don't think I cooked the savory long enough.