What is wrong with me-HELP?

Options
Very frustrated this morning- stepped on the scale just to find that the 2 lbs I lost, I gained back.

I don't get it?
been working out , following my calorie goal?
what am I doing wrong?
:explode: someone please tell me

Replies

• Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Is your period coming?
    Quite possibly water weight and bloat.
    Make sure you're drinking enough water and track when you're periods are coming and avoid weigh ins that week lol
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I am guessing you just started losing weight and exercising. Chances are your muscles are holding water. Relax give it time and you will see changes on the scale.
  • Sherrygunnabefit88
    Options
    nope not the period thing.

Yes I did just start on day 15 actually (INSANITY)
    how long does it take for the muscles to let go of the water?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,066 Member
    Options
    You are going to see daily fluctuations on the scale that amount to as much as five pounds. These changes are due to water retention from exercise or excess salt, hormones, what type of foods you ate, and when you weigh.

Don't weigh yourself every day, but choose a day and time and weigh yourself once a week or once every other week.

The couple pounds you are seeing are not really "gains" - unless you over ate by 7,000 calories.

Relax, this is a metabolic process. It isn't an exact science, and you'll be much happier if you weigh less frequently.
    Take your measurements, and set the goals of being able to workout longer and harder, and the weight will come off.

But you only have about 13 pounds to lose. It is going to be a slow process. Set your goal at "Lose 1/2 pound per week." You cannot afford the calorie deficit of attempting to lose more than that. Your body is happy right where it is.

Start lifting weights, and get your diet as clean as possible (little to no processed food.)
  • Sherrygunnabefit88
    Options
    You are going to see daily fluctuations on the scale that amount to as much as five pounds. These changes are due to water retention from exercise or excess salt, hormones, what type of foods you ate, and when you weigh.

Don't weigh yourself every day, but choose a day and time and weigh yourself once a week or once every other week.

The couple pounds you are seeing are not really "gains" - unless you over ate by 7,000 calories.

Relax, this is a metabolic process. It isn't an exact science, and you'll be much happier if you weigh less frequently.
    Take your measurements, and set the goals of being able to workout longer and harder, and the weight will come off.

But you only have about 13 pounds to lose. It is going to be a slow process. Set your goal at "Lose 1/2 pound per week." You cannot afford the calorie deficit of attempting to lose more than that. Your body is happy right where it is.

Start lifting weights, and get your diet as clean as possible (little to no processed food.)
    thank you so much for the info and advice :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.