Getting impatient...

Options
Cheeta_HH
Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
How long did it take you to see results (pounds and/or inches) once you began running?

I haven't seen any changes yet, and I'm starting to get frustrated!

Replies

• beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I did not lose much weight doing C25K alone. I really had to stick to my calorie goals. I lost maybe 5 pounds by the end of it, BUT, my fitness level jumped by leaps and bounds. I am now in the middle of the B210K programme, and I am amazed at how far and long I can run. I have not lost weight at all on B210K, but I am regularly running 8 to 10K 3 or 4 times a week. Running makes you hungry, so you have to be extra careful with your diet or you can actually even gain weight. If you stick to you calories and work out on your non running days, you should see results rather quickly. Good luck:)
  • eoney
    eoney Posts: 35
    Options
    Same results here...my legs (calves in particular) were really the only visual results I saw from doing both programs. If they could just invent some at-home gadget that shows you your heart and/or endurance progress numbers like a scale or measuring tape does for weight and size, THEN we'd be as impressed as we ought to be! I wish I'd kept a journal for each of these, so I could see the progress that way (e.g. I remember thinking Week 4 was brutal but then longing for it BIG time right about the middle of Week 7!). Stay with it though, you ARE making progress for sure!
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Your comments are good to hear! You also can't measure that awesome sense of accomplishment either! Even though the physical changes aren't coming quite soon enough, I do feel good about the health gains that I have made.

Very true about feeling hungrier! I've been doing pretty well with staying under my calorie goal, but I really need to watch what kind of calories I'm eating!

Thanks for your input!