Slytherin Common Room

Options

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Chaosdrone has offered to do the calculations and post some challenges until MacSkillz feels like she can come back. I just wanted to give you a heads up. I appreciate the help! :)

So, thank you for offering Chaosdrone, but it looks like the HoH has spoken!

Tameko2, I really appreciate you stepping up to help Lesley and the rest of Slytherin!

Major props to all of you that didn't give up on your House in the confusion.
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    So, what is the challenge this week? So confused!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry I'm late -- I have a friend staying this weekend so is a little hectic.

Chaosdrone had a good idea but I think 300 is a lot so lets shoot for 105 instead - if this is an exercise you struggle with then replace it with mountain climbers -- and you should do 175 instead of 100 since mountain climbers are a easier.

7 owls 105 (175 MCs)
    (1 owl for every 15 you do)
    or 25 MCs a day

Newts under calorie goals - 1 NEWT for every day you do it.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Hope you are all having a good week.
    7 newts, 7 owls. weight stayed at 171. 906 exercise minutes.
  • poorcopies
    Options
    274 lbs this week, 2.8 lbs off.

7 NEWTS, 5 OWLS.

240 mins exercised, 1341 cals burnt.
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

SW: 243.6 lbs
    Last Weight (LW): 238.2 lbs
    CW: 235.6 lbs

This week's loss: 2.6 lbs

0 NEWTS / 5 OWLS

322 mins / 4073 cals

This week was a mess, and while I did okay, I can definitely do better. Here's to doing better this week :drinker:
  • josieup
    josieup Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Check-in!
    0.6lbs down
    5 NEWTS, 0 OWLS
    220 minutes, 3747 cals
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    my check in

no weight change... poo
    418 exercise mins, 4052 calories
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late check-in ^^;

3lb weight loss! (Went from 333.2 to 330.2)
    126 exercise minutes, 1456 calories
    0 OWLs (With my weight there was NO WAY I could do burpees! @_@;;;;)
    5 NEWTs
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    plateu t 334 60 mins exercise time 7 owls and newts
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    winter i do them and im heavyer than you
  • tameko2
    Options
    I think even someone heavy could do burpees but you will need to go slow to make sure you don't hurt yourself. don't watch one of those crazy videos that crossfitters put up and think that's how fast you have to go.

i actually sometimes do a pushup in the middle so I go down really slow and take a second to put my hands nad arms where I want them, etc etc. That's all totally fine -- and you don't have to spring up in the air or jump super high either.

Basically the very act of getting down into a plank position for a second then getting up then adding the little hop gives you a nice mixture of using a lot of the muscles in your body - even if you go slow you'll be breathing hard after a few
  • tameko2
    Options
    Challenges:

NEWTs: Post 4 times this week about a meal or day of meals you felt successfully met your nutritional goals, whatever that may be. Feel free to post recipes! also you can post all 4 on one day or you can post each one as they happen.

1 NEWT for 1 times
    2 NEWTS for 2 times
    4 NEWTS for 3 times
    7 NEWTS for 4 times

OWLs: Another suggestion from Chaos, slightly modified by me since I know that some people are just gtting started with exercising.

Pick 2 per day:
    30 sit ups or crunches or reverse crunches or any other ab exercise you would like. If you are going to do really basic plain crunches those are easy so shoot for 50. I will link a bunch of variations that I really like later today if you want to try something new, work some different muscle groups, etc.

30 squats -- side squats, sumo squats, whatever. drop that butt down and pick it back up for you. If body weight squats are easy pick up some dumbbells and hold them while you squat. Remember to keep your weight mostly over your heels - NOT on your toes or the balls of your feet. My boyfriend thinks this looks like someone squatting down to go to the bathroom and thinks it is hilarious but if your knees are pushing out over your toes you're doing it wrong and could injure yourself.

20 pushups -- use your knees if you have to. do wall pushups if you have to. Alternately try putting your hands on an elevated platform like a step (so you are at an angle but not vertical or on your knees)

These are pretty light goals you should be able to add to any exercise routine - if you do more come and tell us about it!
  • tameko2
    Options
    Looks like I am heading into another month of zero weight loss. *sigh*

I lost 5 lbs last month though which is a TON for me so who knows.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    7 newts, 7 owls. Weight stayed the same at 171. 870 exercise minutes.
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I just realized that I have not posted my specs in ages! I'm going to start doing it again weekly, that way I can hold myself accountable!

Weight: 242.4 (down 1.7 from last week)
    Minutes exercised: 253
    OWLS: 3
    NEWTS: 6
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    Looks like I am heading into another month of zero weight loss. *sigh*

I lost 5 lbs last month though which is a TON for me so who knows.

You've hit a bit of a plateau... It sucks, but you can push through. Have you changed up anything in your routine to see if that would help? Like eating a few more calories or switching up your workouts?
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    SW: 243.6 lbs
    Last Weight (LW): 235.6 lbs
    CW: 234.0 lbs

This week's loss: 1.6 lbs

0 NEWTS / 0 OWLS -- Boo! I really need to get into a habit with these. Are you posting them on the blog for easy reference? Also, my week is Mon-Sun; if you're not posting the OWLS/NEWTS until Wednesday, how do I count them? Thanks!

444 mins / 4219 cals
  • poorcopies
    Options
    I am so confused about NEWTS, it said it was for posting about recipes, which none of us did, yet some people are saying they got x amount of NEWTS? Can we have the challenges posted on Monday for easier reference? I don't know if I made any NEWTS or not?!!

Anyway:

CW: 271 lbs, a loss of 3 lbs.

320 mins / 2346 cals burnt.
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    Challenges:

NEWTs: Post 4 times this week about a meal or day of meals you felt successfully met your nutritional goals, whatever that may be. Feel free to post recipes! also you can post all 4 on one day or you can post each one as they happen.

1 NEWT for 1 times
    2 NEWTS for 2 times
    4 NEWTS for 3 times
    7 NEWTS for 4 times

OWLs: Another suggestion from Chaos, slightly modified by me since I know that some people are just gtting started with exercising.

Pick 2 per day:
    30 sit ups or crunches or reverse crunches or any other ab exercise you would like. If you are going to do really basic plain crunches those are easy so shoot for 50. I will link a bunch of variations that I really like later today if you want to try something new, work some different muscle groups, etc.

30 squats -- side squats, sumo squats, whatever. drop that butt down and pick it back up for you. If body weight squats are easy pick up some dumbbells and hold them while you squat. Remember to keep your weight mostly over your heels - NOT on your toes or the balls of your feet. My boyfriend thinks this looks like someone squatting down to go to the bathroom and thinks it is hilarious but if your knees are pushing out over your toes you're doing it wrong and could injure yourself.

20 pushups -- use your knees if you have to. do wall pushups if you have to. Alternately try putting your hands on an elevated platform like a step (so you are at an angle but not vertical or on your knees)

These are pretty light goals you should be able to add to any exercise routine - if you do more come and tell us about it!

Sorry for the confusion everyone! These are for this week!