Welcome Everyone

Options
LoveActually
LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
Thank you to everyone who joined me on the 30 day journey to Shred. And thank you to Sherri for recommending to me that I start a group so everyone can keep up with each other.

So here we are, post away and good luck to everyone on day 3.

Replies

• shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!

I've just done day 4 so a day ahead, but I'm trying to decide what to do on wednesdays when I have my reformer pilates class, dont know if it will kill me to do pilates and 30ds on the same day!
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    What a great idea! Joined!

So far Day 2 has been good. The workout was easier and I recovered much faster. I have decided to have some protein powder after the workout too. Fiance says his arms are sore and he may do it again today, just work through it so it hurts less. I hope he does since it will help keep me strong knowing that he is doing it too.

Here's to a very tough 30 days.
  • shmunster
    Options
    My husbands doing it with me too, and he is finding it harder than I am, which I secretly love as he's always been fitter than me!
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I love the feeling im feeling after day 2! Any one elses doing this AND a workout?? Im doing 30 DS at 5am, and then a normal workout in the afternoon/evening. Usually 30 min elliptical.
  • shmunster
    Options
    I'm doing 40 min walk as well, but thats not really a workout
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Tell me if the "Hottie" Valentine candy as our group picture is a bad idea. LOL!

I did the 30DS this morning and combined it with my normal gym workout and I made it through. I'm sooo tired now but feel good for accomplishing it. I'd say, try it. If you're miserable on Thursday then don't do it the next week.

I think I'm going to start a new Topic for each day so we won't have tons of comments on one thread. I'll just name them the day we're on.
  • OMGLeigh
    Options
    My husbands doing it with me too, and he is finding it harder than I am, which I secretly love as he's always been fitter than me!

My fiance is far more fit than I am but I am more flexible than he is. His biggest complaint with 30DS was the stretching at the end! What a goof.
  • shmunster
    Options
    Nah the candy is cute!

Yeah i think i will try it, never know if I dont give it a go hey?!

lol at the stretches!
  • OMGLeigh
    Options
    I love the feeling im feeling after day 2! Any one elses doing this AND a workout?? Im doing 30 DS at 5am, and then a normal workout in the afternoon/evening. Usually 30 min elliptical.

After I recoup from the 30DS I really do feel like doing more active things.
  • maryw1989
    Options
    It's definitely a work out but I did it first thing this morning and I've felt great ALL day. I feel more energized. And btw love the group pic! :blushing:
  • shonda_gonzalez
    shonda_gonzalez Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Tell me if the "Hottie" Valentine candy as our group picture is a bad idea. LOL!

I did the 30DS this morning and combined it with my normal gym workout and I made it through. I'm sooo tired now but feel good for accomplishing it. I'd say, try it. If you're miserable on Thursday then don't do it the next week.

I think I'm going to start a new Topic for each day so we won't have tons of comments on one thread. I'll just name them the day we're on.

That is a great idea! Today will be my day 3. My legs are pretty sore today and I can definitley feel the tightness in my ab section.
  • Sunshine70Smith
    Sunshine70Smith Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I like the candy picture. I did day 2 today and it felt really good although I can't do all the pushups. I've changed my mind and I'm going to try to do it every day. I have volleyball on Tuesdays but will try to get it in beforehand. Wednesdays I signed up for a fitness class but I think it will be similar to the 30DS. I guess I'll find out for sure this week.
  • googly1982
    Options
    love the picture! :) day two completed! was suuuuuper sore this morning, and it hurt like hell to start the workout today, but once i got warmed up, i actually found it to be a little easier than yesterday. excited to keep working and have all of you hotties to keep me motivated!

15336109.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ProjectTina
    Options

I wasn't planning on doing an extra workout but am finding myself pretty energised when the 20 min are up, so today I did extra strength and cardio. I just started working out regularly though, so I don't want to push myself so much that I get sick of working out.

Btw, great idea making this group! Looking forward to following everybody's progress. I just finished day 4 and haven't started making excuses yet :-P
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have idea How I'm going to do this as I'm so sore that it hurts to walk but if all of you did I better get my azz up and do it. Here goes!
  • suzmoreton
    Options
    I am new here...are you guys doing the 30 dya shred by Jillian? I did it once last week and it killed me. I am starting again tonight. I am a weakling!! LOL
  • OMGLeigh
    Options
    I am new here...are you guys doing the 30 dya shred by Jillian? I did it once last week and it killed me. I am starting again tonight. I am a weakling!! LOL

Join us and keep up with it!
    Even if it kills us we'll get better at it. It really does get easier, even on Day 2!
  • GypsyOverstreet
    Options
    I did a little Zumba after my 30DS... A little tired now but definitely did better than yesterday. Today was my day 2...
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I feel like since Im working out at 5 am with Jillian, I mine as well do something at night… I thought I’d hate 5am workouts, but it actually helps me remember to stay on a clean path all day with the sore muscles early! LOL
  • loraloha74
    Options
    Accomplished day 2 and already feeling stronger. Day one the jumping jacks kicked my butt. lol. So I'm thinking of adding extra cardio to my workout. Hitting the gym tomorrow morning bright and early!!!