Week 3 challenge!

Options
Ok so first I want to say Yay to us. We got through week 2 and even though it was harder on some everyone seemed to have some fun and that was the point:)

So our challenge this week is something that SHOULD be easy for anyone. But it is also something that we SHOULD already be doing which none of us are, and I can honestly say this is going to be REALLY hard for me...lol.

EAT MORE VEGGIES AND FRUIT!!!! I see most of us are eating at least one veggie or one fruit a day....but very rarely both. WHAT??? WHY??? They are so good for us and help so much with weight loss!! So this is your challenge ladies...Eat 1 veg. and 1 fruit every day this week. I don't care when, I don't care what kind we all just need to eat more of them...lol And I can say I am one of the worst offenders of this...lol. Thus the cookie monster saying what the hell is this crap! lmao

Also continue your bum squeezes or squats which ever you choose to do...no saggy butts!!! lol

I am going to open another topic for this week so we can let each other know how we are doing...You guys are doing WONDERFUL supporting and encouraging each other so lets keep it up!

Don't forget to weigh-in
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqUwFvMox2CVdHlNcFBweFdXa0NlR2VITjFaeFRZQnc#gid=0

Also Before I forget I wanted to let you all know that I will be posting these challenges on Sundays starting this week....You don't need to start them until Monday but I figured since we are all on different time zones a day heads up might be a tad easier for some:)

Replies

• roksfarm
    roksfarm Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Dang why do you gotta make it so hard! How bout a challenge to see who can eat the most chips in an hour or who can sit on the couch the longest! Just kidding challenge excepted!!! GAME ON!!!!
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    Dang why do you gotta make it so hard! How bout a challenge to see who can eat the most chips in an hour or who can sit on the couch the longest! Just kidding challenge excepted!!! GAME ON!!!!

EAT YOUR VEGGIES THEY ARE GOOD FOR YOU!!! lmao
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    does it count if they are in something I am already eating? as in tomatoes in a salad or on a sandwich or something? or in addition to this?
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    does it count if they are in something I am already eating? as in tomatoes in a salad or on a sandwich or something? or in addition to this?
    If your already eating it in a salad of something sure count it...just make sure you get AT LEAST one of each per day.:)
  • Anweena
    Anweena Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Fruit often gets my blood sugar up and then I feel weird and eat more - which is why I avoid fruit. BUT, my bf bought mandarines and I can't resist them, so I think I will rock this one :-)
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    Fruit often gets my blood sugar up and then I feel weird and eat more - which is why I avoid fruit. BUT, my bf bought mandarines and I can't resist them, so I think I will rock this one :-)
    they do the same thing to me...I try to stick to low sugar fruits and it isn't as bad. And yes the Mandarins...lol they are addicting! I am the same way with pineapple.
  • rhce40
    Options
    or mango, yummmmmmmmmm
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options

lol - I'm with you on that one :)
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    Options
    Morning all! I usually get veggies in sometime during the day but for some reason I don't often get fruit in, which is weird because I like fruit better than veggies. Yesterday I had baby carrots and watermelon. Mmmm watermelon.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    Morning all! I usually get veggies in sometime during the day but for some reason I don't often get fruit in, which is weird because I like fruit better than veggies. Yesterday I had baby carrots and watermelon. Mmmm watermelon.
    I am the same exact way...I hardly ever get fruit in and usually only like 4 days a week i get veggies...But they are so important!! lol
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    Options
    I completely agree. Fruit and veggies are so important and we too often neglect them. I'm working really hard to get both each day, should be so easy, lol. Today I had carrots and watermelon again. I bought a whole watermelon and a giant bag of carrots and took them to work with me so that I have no excuse.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    I completely agree. Fruit and veggies are so important and we too often neglect them. I'm working really hard to get both each day, should be so easy, lol. Today I had carrots and watermelon again. I bought a whole watermelon and a giant bag of carrots and took them to work with me so that I have no excuse.
    k
    I want watermelon bad now...lol. I go to the store tomorrow so I will pick some up:)
  • rhce40
    Options

where did you get a watermelon at in january???
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options

where did you get a watermelon at in january???
    most stores will have it where the veggies are in containers...my store does at least but they are out:( but i've seen it all year round...just not a whole watermelon...just containers of it already sliced up
  • roksfarm
    roksfarm Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm Mmmmm Apple with 1 teaspoon of Jiffy Peanut butter.....SOOO much yummier then that candy bar & diet pepsi that I really wanted!! See this challenge is working already!
  • rhce40
    Options
    so not as good as i thought i would be this week, i have officially morphed into survival mode where focus is on caffeine rather than nutrition.....
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    so not as good as i thought i would be this week, i have officially morphed into survival mode where focus is on caffeine rather than nutrition.....
    Don't make me go MOM on you! lmao It sucks being busy but TRY!! lol I know you are:) Do you have 7-11's by chance? I know they sell oranges, bananas, and apples at their counters for when your running on the go!
  • rhce40
    Options
    lol, i don't think we have any 7-11s actually. our cafeteria has fruit we can take, i just haven't been there in a week or so. i had carrots and green beans with dinner today though.
  • rhce40
    Options
    Don't make me go MOM on you! lmao It sucks being busy but TRY!! lol I know you are:) Do you have 7-11's by chance? I know they sell oranges, bananas, and apples at their counters for when your running on the go!

i'm drinking a v8 right now, just for you!! :) full serving of fruits and veggies!
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I love my fruit and veggies, I am all over this challenge like a rash :)