Whats on your menu today?

Options

Replies

• suzzee2000
    suzzee2000 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm having Sauteed Shrimp with Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning so gooood!
    I put my shrimp on a bed of lettuce with some Spicy Ranch dressing....
    Coke Zero on the side :-)

Thanks for the ideas everyone it helps give us new ideas!
  • iridisa
    Options
    Tonight I made a spinach lasagna - layer 1 (ground beef, sauteed (coconut oil) onions & mushrooms & black olives, tomato puree, spices), layer 2 (spinach & cream cheese & pepper), layer 3 (mozzarella & parmesan cheeses)

The whole family loved it. Even the kids (which is weird, honestly). Big win on my part, lol!

For dessert, sugar free jello with homemade whipped cream. I thought the kids were going to kill each other to lick off the beaters from the whipped cream - they've never had it freshly made before and were just intoxicated by it.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Todays lunch: Tuna patties

Great for when you are fed up with plain old tuna salad!!

Recipe: (Makes 4 patties/tuna burgers)

2 tins of tuna, drained
    1 egg
    2 tbsp full fat cream cheese
    salt & pepper

Add herbs and/or spices to your tuna patties if you wish. This works well with the following:

-Asian style- with chopped fresh chilli, coriander (cilantro) and squeezed with lime juice.
    -Dill & lemon zest
    - chopped black olives and parmesan

Chill mix in the fridge for at least 30 mins.

Heat a non stick pan with a little oil of choice. Spoon in quarter of the tuna mix and shape into a patty. Crisp one side for about 4 mins and delicately flip over and repeat.

Serve dressed with lemon juice & salad.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Tonight I made a spinach lasagna - layer 1 (ground beef, sauteed (coconut oil) onions & mushrooms & black olives, tomato puree, spices), layer 2 (spinach & cream cheese & pepper), layer 3 (mozzarella & parmesan cheeses)

The whole family loved it. Even the kids (which is weird, honestly). Big win on my part, lol!

For dessert, sugar free jello with homemade whipped cream. I thought the kids were going to kill each other to lick off the beaters from the whipped cream - they've never had it freshly made before and were just intoxicated by it.

ooh, that lasagna sounds so good!!

Breakfast - leftover prime rib with scrambled eggs & cheese.
    Lunch - leftover pork chop, with green beans & asian slaw

Asian slaw - same as what you see with the crunchy ramen noodles, I just leave those out!
    1 bag cole slaw mix (I actually used broccoli slaw mix this time)

Then I made my own dressing...measurements are approx., I mix to taste and don't really remember! haha
    3 T. rice wine vinegar
    3 T. olive oil
    1/2 - 1 T. sesame oil (depends on how strong you want)
    1 T. soy sauce (I used tamari, it's GF)
    garlic powder, onion powder, S&P to taste
    maybe 1 t. ground ginger - I've never added this before, but I like it!
    about 1/2 t. ground mustard/mustard powder - be careful, it's spicy. this is what is used to make hot mustard in Chinese restaurants!

I wisk the dressing ingredients together, then add the cole slaw mix. Let marinade for at least an hour. I made it a few days ago, so it's even better now! It's also good if you add slivered almonds or sunflower seeds, if you want that "crunch" like the noodles, but without the carbs.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I had an cheese, mushroom and spinach omelette with crispy bacon for breakfast, grilled salmon for lunch with a side salad. . Tonight, I'm having a steak with fauxtatoes and a big salad.
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    B- omlette- sausage, egg, and cheese
    L- leftover Parm talapia
    S- 2oz. Beef jerky
    D- cajun turkey breast tenderloin and cabbage.
  • suzzee2000
    suzzee2000 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I had Homemade Chicken Fajita's ( minus tortilla's of course) with lettuce, sour cream and a pinch of mozzarella on the side for Lunch It was delicious!
  • Trixiebelle67
    Trixiebelle67 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    wow everything sounds great.

I roasting a chicken, steamed broccoli & cauliflower served with homemade cheese sauce. Rice is added for hubby.
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    b- heaping tablesppon of kerrygold butter in my mate tea
    l- tuna salad stuffed avocado
    d- beef roast with lime dressing over romaine :D

snack- prob another mug of tea with coconut oil
  • michelby09
    michelby09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Todays lunch: Tuna patties

Great for when you are fed up with plain old tuna salad!!

Recipe: (Makes 4 patties/tuna burgers)

2 tins of tuna, drained
    1 egg
    2 tbsp full fat cream cheese
    salt & pepper

Add herbs and/or spices to your tuna patties if you wish. This works well with the following:

-Asian style- with chopped fresh chilli, coriander (cilantro) and squeezed with lime juice.
    -Dill & lemon zest
    - chopped black olives and parmesan

Chill mix in the fridge for at least 30 mins.

Heat a non stick pan with a little oil of choice. Spoon in quarter of the tuna mix and shape into a patty. Crisp one side for about 4 mins and delicately flip over and repeat.

Serve dressed with lemon juice & salad.

What a great way to have tuna! Thanks for the idea!!
  • michelby09
    michelby09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Today the hubs grilled steaks (even though it was 20 degrees outside) and we had green beans and a salad on the side...so yummy!!

I definitely need breakfast options...I'm so sick of eggs!
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    B-Omlette (Feta, onion, peppers) with' hazelnut coffee
    L-Tuna blended with spicy herring pate & sour cream served on cucumber slices
    D-Maple-Spice Country Style Ribs with mashed cauliflower ("maple syrup" was sugar-free of course)
    S-Raw/Unsalted Mixed nuts
  • l2rcc
    l2rcc Posts: 14
    Options
    I had the most amazing dinner tonight!!!

2 zucchini - shredded lengthwise (like fettucini) - sautéed in a little bacon fat, season with a little salt and pepper
    Add to that, 1 oz of cream cheese toss with the zuke until it begins to melt down
    Add 3/4 C Progresso white clam sauce
    Cook a little until it thickens
    top with parmesan

+/- 435 cal, 28 carb, 9 fiber, 28 fat, 21 protein

Holy mackerel was it good!!!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Omlette with fresh thyme and chicken for breakfast. ( at 10.30)
    I think as it's very hot and humid tonight I'll use last night's pork roast to add to a salad of avocado, shallots, capsicum,and whatever else I can find in the fridge.
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Breakfast: Plain muffin in a minute made 'bread style' (see the MIM thread to find out how it can be made) filled with sliced sausage & a little heinz low carb tomato ketchup/

Lunch: Grilled chicken breast with salad leaves, feta & olives.

Dinner: Steamed salmon fillets with chinese cabbage, stir fried with fresh chilli pepper, ginger & garlic & yam konnyaku noodles (Shiritaki/yam noodles) dressed in sesame oil.
  • suelegal
    Options
    Breakfast
    Dixie Diners Nastural flavor hot cereal (it's soooooo good!) and 2 hard boiled eggs

Lunch
    Braised Beef, mixed greens salad, balsamic mushrooms, steamed spinach and edamame

Still concocting dinner at the moment!
  • suelegal
    Options
    I think as it's very hot and humid tonight I'll use last night's pork roast to add to a salad of avocado, shallots, capsicum,and whatever else I can find in the fridge.

Yum!! Wish it was hot & humid here!
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Dinner:

Chinese style slow roasted belly pork slices marinated in shaoxing rice wine, chinese 5 spice powder, fresh red chilli & ginger.

Served with chinese cabbage & spring onions, dressed in sesame oil & garlic.
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Dinner:

Found the tofu shirataki noodles (spaghetti, angel hair & fettuccine) at two different stores-Weis & Wegman's. Decided to make fettuccine alfredo using the simply directions on the package and added some left overroasted chicken and a liberal dose of cayenne. Mmm Mmm Creamy Good, Tasty and oh so Filling!!

FYI: I had to THOROUGHLY wash the noodles to get past the "fishy" odor. Feared it would interfere with enjoying the noodles but the odor was not an issue.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Rump steak - left over from last nights stir- fry.
    I just added horseradish cream....Not really a total meal - I've been eating all day.