Best Low Fat/Skim Milk

Options
seal57
seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
I've been using full cream milk and thinking it might be time to low fat milk....

So, what is the best tasting low fat / skim milk out there? Since I live alone I would prefer it be long life milk....I have tried Aldi's skim milk but it just looked like water.....

Replies

• headzy
    headzy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use the Liddells Lactose free skim milk, not sure if they have hi lo. There's a fresh one called no fat with calcium.
  • Smarternow
    Options
    To be honest, I've been using 2% for ages, but recently bought Woolworths lite (2%) due to price of course, and honestly couldn't really tell the difference!!
    If you've been using full cream for a while, it might take you a little while to adjust to taste anyway.
  • seal57
    Options
    Taste I can get used to. It's just that some just looks like it's had been thinned out by just adding water..I'm also looking at price as well as being long life..I will them out when I shop tomorrow.....

Thanks................
  • kezzie888
    Options
    I use Aldi's skim milk - it does look watery but all skim milk does. Skim contains no fat - which is what i like but if you want to try the Lite White which is about 2% it looks and tastes alot like full cream. Now when I drink full cream it just tastes like fat to me..
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I can't deal with lactose, so I go with Zymil. I prefer it to the Lidell's lactose free, cause it's not UHT.
  • seal57
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies.....I got some Woolies Lite and will see how it goes.....
    :flowerforyou:
  • aaron_mc29
    aaron_mc29 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've been using Pura Light Start for ages - tastes much better than any other low-fat milk.
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I use the long life devondale skim milk and I love it😄
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I also use Devondale long life. Mostly because that comes on special at the local IGA for 1$ a litre often enough. Failing that I get regular old Woolies or Coles branded fresh light milk. I prefer the long life though - if only coz having it in the cupboard means I don't have to go to the supermarket for milk and accidentally buy extra stuff.
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Same😃
    I also use Devondale long life. Mostly because that comes on special at the local IGA for 1$ a litre often enough. Failing that I get regular old Woolies or Coles branded fresh light milk. I prefer the long life though - if only coz having it in the cupboard means I don't have to go to the supermarket for milk and accidentally buy extra stuff.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    used to get woolies but I drink so much I just get woolies skim powder no. Takes up less room in the cupboard :)
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    skim milk - any brand out of the fridge, all tastes the same to me

I have devondale skim milk poppers and they don't taste as good... pretty blah
  • seal57
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies........Much appreciated..........:drinker:
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    Paul's Smarter white. All low fat milks DON'T taste the same lol. I can't stand Pura Light Start...
  • seal57
    Options
    Paul's Smarter white. All low fat milks DON'T taste the same lol. I can't stand Pura Light Start...

I love Pauls Smarter white but I prefer UHT milk......Thanks.....