Primal/Paleo Friends!

Options
Jessb1985
Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
Hi,

Im looking for some paleo/primal friends so I can look at your diaries for food ideas and motivation!

I've been eating primal (I eat cheese/cream) for about a month now, loving it so far :) I've been diagnosed as having Insulin resistance and eating this way makes me feel so much better (no heart palpitations) and I have so much more energy! Using Marks carb curb I currently eat between 50-100grams of carbs per day, looking to lose 20 kilos to reach my goal :)

Jess

Replies

• RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Well, you've already got me - I've been trialling Primal for a couple of months but the holidays seem to have thrown it a bit. You're doing better than me on the carb curve - I'm lucky to keep it below 150!

There are a couple of groups, I joined one today - think you can go to Community, Groups and there's a search feature where you can type Primal.
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

Been trying out Primal eating since Dec 1st and so far so good!
  • jessylanne
    jessylanne Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. I eat primal most of the time, I still have days "off" but really working on keeping things under control. Primal friends would definitely be welcome!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! I'm not 100% primal, but getting there quickly!
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me, as well - I've been totally Primal for 7 months, and have never been so healthy and happy! (Here's a link to a blog I wrote about how going Primal changed/saved my life: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/4milesat40/view/6-months-primal-179202 )

Glad you found us. :)

Amy
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    You can add me!!
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm eating Primal, 80% of the time. Basically I try my best and then I have cheat days for whatever reason. But you are welcome to friend me as long as you don't judge me on the days I mess up.
  • allana3uk
    allana3uk Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! More inspiration is always good.
  • Jenbtech
    Jenbtech Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want. I am just starting out as well and loving it. i was never a sweets eater anyway, so this fits in my lifestyle easily. I just miss pasta and bread, so those may be my only cheats from time to time.

Also, buy the book "Paleo Comfort Foods" . Awesome meals there that I am going to try!
  • KMAMinx13
    KMAMinx13 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me, as well - I've been totally Primal for 7 months, and have never been so healthy and happy! (Here's a link to a blog I wrote about how going Primal changed/saved my life: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/4milesat40/view/6-months-primal-179202 )

Glad you found us. :)

Amy

Nice blog.
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    I'd welcome some more Primal Friends.

Been doing Primal for over 30 years...we didn't call it Primal back then, of course! Just fell into this way of life because it "felt right." Can't explain it any other way. Once I ditched the bread and the dairy I knew I was on the right track. Soon to follow was the pasta and the cake and the brownies and ice cream.

The result has been a low body weight for my entire adult life. And ZERO sickness....not even a head cold or a headache in 30 years. Can't argue with those results!!!!!
  • KMAMinx13
    KMAMinx13 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'd welcome some more Primal Friends.

Been doing Primal for over 30 years...we didn't call it Primal back then, of course! Just fell into this way of life because it "felt right." Can't explain it any other way. Once I ditched the bread and the dairy I knew I was on the right track. Soon to follow was the pasta and the cake and the brownies and ice cream.

The result has been a low body weight for my entire adult life. And ZERO sickness....not even a head cold or a headache in 30 years. Can't argue with those results!!!!!

You look terrific!