Exercises and Weekly Challenges

Options

Replies

• luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hey Belinda!

No individual Monday challenge? Or is it coming later?

Thanks!
  • babbityboo
    babbityboo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Weekly team challenge:
    Stay within 100 +/- your daily calorie in take. One point per day per person.

Pre exercise?! Please say yes!! Don't say it's net!
  • merrick7871
    Options
    I know I am slow, but please explain todays exercise. Thanks,
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Hey Belinda!

No individual Monday challenge? Or is it coming later?

Thanks!
    Eek I thought I posted it last night when I posted the weekly challenge. Sorry everyone. I will have it up shortly.
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    1/23 Monday - create your own tabata workout

With this being the end of the month I hope you guys are ready for this task. We have done several different type of exercises in different routines. Today you need to create your own tabata style workout. This system is the 20 second exercise followed by 10 second rest. Your work out should have 4 different exercises and go for 8 minutes. Each rotation of the 4 exercises should take 2 minutes. That means 4 complete rotations.
    Ex....
    20 sec exercise 1 - 10 sec rest
    20 sec exercise 2 - 10 sec rest
    20 sec exercise 3 - 10 sec rest
    20 sec exercise 4 - 10 sec rest
    Repeat this 4 times - tell your team what 4 exercises you picked and post in the format above. Remember it is 20 seconds of one exercise with 10 secondary read followed by a different exercise. YOU DO NOT REPEAT THE SAME EXERCISE 4 TIMES AND THEN MOVE TO THE NEXT.
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    Weekly team challenge:

INCLUDING EXERCISE CALORIES!
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    Weekly team challenge:

INCLUDING EXERCISE CALORIES!

I think multiple people are confused by this challenge. If you burn 1000 calorie from exercise you are not expected to eat an extra 1000 calories. However, you also shouldn't be super under on your calorie in take. So if you base calorie intake should be 1200 you shouldn't be eating only 1000 calories. You are allowed to eat between 1100-1300 calories per day UNLESS you eat extra to consume exercise calories. The reason why I include exercise calories is because some people eat more because of exercising. Does this make since?
    ---- So it should be 100 +/- your base calories unless you are eating back your exercise calories. If you eat back exercise calories do not go over more than 100 calories.
    Any other questions?
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    1/24 Tuesday - abs
    Test your limits! Pick your favorite ab exercise (crunches, obliques, bicycle crunches etc). Complete as many of this one exercise as you can in 5 minutes. Pick a second exercise and do as many as you can in 5 minutes.

Report back to your team what two exercises you picked and how many you completed of each exercise in your 10 minutes.
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    1/25 - Wednesday - choice day
    I feel like being extra nice because I get to find out the gender of my baby on the 25th! I know everyone loves when I give this workout. 45 min of your choice of a workout. Report to the your team how you completed this challenge.

Happy Wednesday
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Oh Belinda, you are just too good to us!:bigsmile:
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    So exciting - bets on a boy here - but can't wait to hear! x
  • LibbyBelanger
    LibbyBelanger Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I feel like being extra nice because I get to find out the gender of my baby on the 25th! I know everyone loves when I give this workout. 45 min of your choice of a workout. Report to the your team how you completed this challenge.

Happy Wednesday
    I think I love you!! Thank you
  • bmfrazie
    Options

Happy Wednesday
    I think I love you!! Thank you
    WOW nothing about being a grammy?
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    So exciting - bets on a boy here - but can't wait to hear! x
    It looks like you were right.

Congratulations Belinda :)
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    1/26 Thursday - arms
    4 sets of 8-15
    1. Pec flies
    2. Bar bell curls
    3. Narrow grip bench press - can use 2 dumb bells tight together
    4. Alternate dumb bell raises
    5. Tricep kickbacks

6. Non-modified Push up max out - tell your team how many you do. Can be done before or after ARM workout as a separate workout.

Friday will be a mile day. Your team will earn 1 point per mile that each team member runs or walks. Biked miles count as half a mile. 1 mile on the elliptical counts as 1 point.
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    Sorry for the delay with the post today. Yesterday I crashed super early and then this morning I have been dealing with a flair up in my leg.
    We only have 4 days of active days left in this challenge. That means it is time to start forming teams again. Look for the post later today on the new month.
  • babbityboo
    babbityboo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    1/26 Thursday - arms
    4 sets of 8-15
    1. Pec flies
    2. Bar bell curls
    5. Tricep kickbacks

6. Non-modified Push up max out - tell your team how many you do. Can be done before or after ARM workout as a separate workout.

Friday will be a mile day. Your team will earn 1 point per mile that each team member runs or walks. Biked miles count as half a mile. 1 mile on the elliptical counts as 1 point.

Hi! Thanks for posting both of these. Out of curiosity does swimming count? Just finding out for MonkeyLost :)

Thanks! x
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    Yes, swimming counts. Let me think about how many points per mile.

Partial miles also count so if you do 1.35 miles report it like that to your captain.
  • LibbyBelanger
    LibbyBelanger Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    1/26 Thursday - arms
    4 sets of 8-15
    1. Pec flies
    2. Bar bell curls
    5. Tricep kickbacks

Hi! Thanks for posting both of these. Out of curiosity does swimming count? Just finding out for MonkeyLost :)

Thanks! x
    AND .....it is poring rain this morning. :( hope it clears later.
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    you could always get leslie sansone one, if you haven't got any dvds you can find her on you tube
    15 minute miles