30 Day Shred suggested plan

Options

Replies

• westcoaster09
    Options
    I think i'm going to start with 3lbs weights, anyone else?

I've always used 2lb weights, mainly because they were cheaper, haha, but it burns plenty with Jillians exercises.

good to know, thanks
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I have 3, 5 and 8 pound weights. Start with the 3 and hopefully move up as I go up levels. Kinda hard for 8 pounds in last level but last time I just switched back and forth. But definitly starting with 3 pounds!!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I use 3lb weights with no probs because they were all I had. Well, besides the 10lbers. I started Monday and today is my day 4 of level 1 and i am NOT near as sore as I was yesterday. Day 2 I could not even sit down on the toilet without my thigh muscles hurting so bad I wanted to cry! But I will tell you what helped me. I soaked in a hot bath for about 20 mins then my hubs rubbed my thighs down with Tylenol Precise. Took some Advil and I was not 100% but I would say I was 85%. I am still not 100% but it IS getting better!!
  • anneouel
    anneouel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    oh! its a video gotcha. Im going to get it and get my sister to do it with me :D maybe we can invite her to the group if she decides to do it?
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I think i'm going to start with 3lbs weights, anyone else?

Yes, me 2^.....I, as of right now, don't even pick weights up, so 3lbs. sounds good to start with..

exercise.png
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Day 2 I could not even sit down on the toilet without my thigh muscles hurting so bad I wanted to cry!

I remember that pain. Its kinda awkward to scream in pain in a public stall :embarassed:
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    oh! its a video gotcha. Im going to get it and get my sister to do it with me :D maybe we can invite her to the group if she decides to do it?

Of course! I have no idea what I have done to make this a secret club but anyone who can figure out how to make it visible in a search gets the legend of the week badge!
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Yep, so glad I'm not the only one who had super sore thighs after day 1 - it gets better quite quickly but prepare yourself for gingerly lowering yourself onto the loo and whimpering!
  • jenniferburks
    Options
    I want to join too!!

exercise.png

5859050.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • leoma280
    Options
    I'm not sure if I want to do a before pic but I will put my stats up later today and update my stats every 10 days.

Ditto! ^^

10030898.png
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    omg!! if u get a chance, check out these result pics:noway:

My 30 Day Shred Results!

ShawnaMama

you'll have to go to the success stories in the community and find it!! that's amaZin!!

exercise.png
  • LWatson43
    LWatson43 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Okay everyone can someone tell me how long does it take to complete the exercises for each day? I work crazy hours and will try to at least get 3 days a week in :noway: . I will post my measurements on Sunday and hopefully can add my before picture added.
  • seattle_chick
    Options
    Okay everyone can someone tell me how long does it take to complete the exercises for each day? I work crazy hours and will try to at least get 3 days a week in :noway: . I will post my measurements on Sunday and hopefully can add my before picture added.

The whole video, from start to finish, is under 30 mins. That includes the cool down. That's one of my fave things about the Shred. You get BIG results out of such a small window of time. The last time I did the Shred and was really conscious of what I ate, I lost almost 20 pounds and everyone kept commenting on how fabulous my muscles looked. It even inspired a bunch of my friends to buy the video.

I've tried starting up a second 30 day spree a couple times but really need the social support. So glad this group got started! :)

I'd be willing to be brave and post a before pic... as long as someone can tell me how. Durrr.... :blushing:

Feel free to add me! I'm sure I'll have a lot to post about when I start shredding!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to get started! I really wanna do the whole program :happy:
  • MisstoMrs2012
    Options
    I shall put all my measurements on later - will have to wait until OH comes back from work and help measure..

I am starting the 30DS today but only doing every other day and planning on doing Level 1 throughout Feb and starting Level 2 throughout March every other day - this way I may actually stick to it!
  • AndiJ2011
    AndiJ2011 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was close to 163 last week.... today I am at 160.
  • leahhugh
    leahhugh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am starting 30 Day Shred so I can get into shape. I am a very weak person, and I can't even run up a flight of stairs without feeling dead at the top and losing my breath!! Hopefully 30 Day Shred will help me get into better shape! I have been doing Zumba every week day, but I am only going to do the shred, for now.

I am starting at 140 pounds.
    Waist (navel): 29in
    Hips: 40
    Thigh: 23
    Arm: 11 1/2
    Chest: 37
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    sounds awesome to me!!! I heard level 2 is harder than level 3. Just a little FYI in case you think level 2 was to hard to go on to 3...give 3 a try before making that decision :)

I HATE level two(it's just not as much fun as level 1)......got stuck there twice before.....never made it to level 3 :-(
  • dealluver
    dealluver Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feeling a little like Gumby...