Week 2 People

Options

Replies

• Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Great job this week everyone! See ya'll in the week 3 thread! ;)
  • noraoswald
    noraoswald Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I finished by week 2 day 1 run yesterday on my treadmill and it felt great. I love how during day 1 I feel like I'll never be able to move on to the next week, but it wasn't a problem.
  • rheiah
    rheiah Posts: 84
    Options
    Ahhh, am still stuck in Week 2... Had my last run on Friday but due to pain & injury (calf muscle) couldn't complete it.
    Now, after a weekend of resting (more or less) I'm tackling W2D3 once again. Wish me luck!
  • itslucyr
    itslucyr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just done W2D1 for the second time... after a 7 week break! Wasn't quite as painful as I expected, although my normal route had been chained off so my cool-down walk ended up being a mile long. Not sure whether to do W2 a few times before moving to W3, seems like a big jump...
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Completed W3D1 today and holy moley, the 3 minute run was a lot longer than the 90 second run! (...double, really. :laugh:)
    BUT, I ran the entire interval!

How is everyone else progressing along?
  • coffeegirl17
    coffeegirl17 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just did W3:D1 this morning and was I surprised by how much longer the run feels (even if it's only an additional minute). I had two intervals that jumped up from 1.5 minutes to 2.5 minutes. I have to say that it was tough but I pushed through and I didn't stop or slow down -- and I'm actually pretty proud of that! Week 3 is definitely harder than week 2!
  • momoflanandlil
    Options
    Doing W2D3 tonight - looking forward to it! This is my 2nd try at c25k and if I remember right - dont' sweat week 3 - it is harder because you run 3 minutes, but you only run a total of 4 times. Pace wise - I run around 5.5-6.2 mph (depending on how tired I am) and walk any where between 3.3-4.3 MPH. Looking forward to warmer weather and long days, so I can run outside again!
  • AriadneSnow
    AriadneSnow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Did W2D3 this morning, it was a bit tough. I had to take a few days off to allow my injured muscle a rest, which is probably why. I had to wait for a reasonable temperature as well, it was 34 degrees the last couple of days, no way could I run in that heat. I'm really nervous about week 3. Three minutes seems like such a long time!
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I was surprised how much farther I went just by increasing my run by 30 seconds! I found myself running at a slower pace than last week, but ultimately I'm okay with that because, hey, I was RUNNING! :happy:

Same here. I'm doing Week 2 Day 3 today! Pretty excited actually!
  • shopewell70
    shopewell70 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Today is W2D2 and I am feeling pretty good about it. Last week I changed my route and went back to the park where they have a one mile asphalt trail. I do so much better out there and seems like I can push harder through it. I hope today turns out as good as I hope it does, my muscle have been battered and abused by Jillian Michaels this week...:happy: Good luck to everyone on their journey....
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Just did W2D1 and boy can I feel the difference. I was pouring sweat by the end. Who knew 30 seconds of running could crank it up that much?
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    My w2d1 is tomorrow and I am a little nervous that I won't be able to do it. I still felt like I was going to die at the end of last nights w1d3. I guess all I can do is try!!! I also think I need to find a flat place to run. My neighborhood has a lot of small inclines which I think make it a lot harder.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I just completed W2D1 this morning, outdoors this time. I try to do outdoors when I can, but the cold weather and wind sometimes prevent it. I felt like the 90 second intervals went by quicker than i thought they would. But the hills in my neighborhood are SO hard for me.
    My speed is still pretty slow...but I think I'm gonna work on my endurance first and worry about speed later on!

Has anyone signed up for a 5K in the spring or summer, to help motivate them?
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I start week 4 tomorrow--as usual, I am nervous about the increased running time: 5 minutes! GASP! Can't wait to try it.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I just completed W2D1 this morning, outdoors this time. I try to do outdoors when I can, but the cold weather and wind sometimes prevent it. I felt like the 90 second intervals went by quicker than i thought they would. But the hills in my neighborhood are SO hard for me.
    My speed is still pretty slow...but I think I'm gonna work on my endurance first and worry about speed later on!

I'm signing up for Race For Life in July. My friends are umm'ing and ahh'ing about whether they want to do it and some of them want to do an event the week after (which I can't do, as I'll be in Berlin that week), but I just thought **** it, I'll do it by myself. My boyfriend says he'll gladly come down to cheer me on, especially since I'm coming to support him when he does his half marathon in May.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options

I'm doing W2D1 later this evening. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also kinda scared. I think I'll vary my route this time, as it's big hills around me mostly, so I'm going to try to find a not-so-hilly bit for my first time running for over a minute.

I've signed up for the Race For Life by me in June. It means I have no excuses, and means that I have to go get out in the cold and run!
  • ashhills
    ashhills Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have a really weird collection of songs as well. Some are favourites of mine & some just have the pumping rhythm I need to keep going...

I recently posted them somewhere else (can't find the link at the moment), but these are currently featuring on my running list...

Earthquake - Labrinth ft Tinie Tempah
    I'm Sexy and You Know It - LMFAO
    Lonely Boy - Black Keys
    The Impression That I Get - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
    Antidote - Swedish House Mafia Vs. Knife Party
    Tractor - Wretch32

You should check out K'naan's new album "More Beautiful Than Silence", there is a great motivational song on there called "Better". lyrics: "When I lose right now, I'm betting all my chips. When I'm broken down, I'll be brushing off my kicks. I'm gonna get it somehow, yeah you can count on this. I'm only getting better, better, better" love it!
  • jennyripp77
    Options
    I am going to do W2D1 tonight or tomorrow. I am glad the posts don't make it seem too hard.
  • NicoleinCarolina
    NicoleinCarolina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How fast did you walk/run to begin with? I am on week 2 day 2 but taking it kinda slow..my jogging is only about 4 mph and walk at about 3.5. I am sticking with the plan of rest day between runs but it is actually pretty tough taking a day off. What do you all do on your rest days..do you do soemthing else to be active?
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I did W2D2 last night and it was easier than I thought but I was panting and sweating by the end of it. I walked a little extra before and after too. I also changed my route so that most of the runs were downhill or only slight inclines. This made it MUCH easier. On W2D3, I am going to try to do it in reverse so that I am running mostly inclines. I am VERY slow as well but hey, at least I am jogging. No one said I had to run fast!!! I felt great after last night's run but my legs hate me today - even though I did LOTS of stretching afterwards!!