hello

Options
I was happy to find a group of step-counters. :) My dad gave me a pedometer for Christmas as he's been very supportive about my efforts at fitness and weight loss. I haven't built up to 10,000 steps yet, but I've only been counting my steps for a couple weeks, and last week I had the flu. I'm hoping to get back on track this week.

I noticed the other posts about wintery weather, and it has been very unpleasant outside where I live (Seattle). I guess if it doesn't clear up soon, I'll have to start mall-walking to bulk up on the steps!

Mandy

Replies

• follownocrowd
    follownocrowd Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Mandy! Glad to have you! Yes, the weather is an issue...I AM in Wisconsin, but I get to the YMCA and try to walk outside on jot so cold days. Where do you live?
  • mpoet
    mpoet Posts: 7
    Options
    I am in Seattle. So we are not as chilly as Wisconsin! But we have had a wet, windy, and even snowy winter (we don't always get snow!).

I want to try to keep walking outdoors most of the time as the fresh air makes me feel good, too, but I do think I may need to squeeze in a few indoor walks. I don't know if we have a YMCA here with a walking track, but I should check on that.

Mandy
  • yolste07
    yolste07 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

Why not go to the mall to get your walking in if the weather is bad outside. I live in MD one of the malls had early morning walking for the seniors inside the mall. Check out your malls, have a great weekend
  • follownocrowd
    follownocrowd Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am sure if I were walking in the mall I would spend more time buying and shopping than walking!!! LOL!!! I have been bundling up and walking outside with my heavy boots and gear on. Sometimes my husband and I walk on the track at the YMCA....BORING!!!!! I feel like a rat going around and around and around.
  • mpoet
    mpoet Posts: 7
    Options
    I did go to the mall one day, so that helped! I should check into the early walks before the mall opens if the weather gets bad again. The last few days, it has cleared up, which has been nice. :)