Table Top RPGs

Options
Anyone play old school games like D&D, Vampire, etc?

Replies

• vlwallace87
    vlwallace87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I play some D&D and we're getting into Pathfinder.
  • Mahu77
    Mahu77 Posts: 34
    Options
    Sweet, I have Pathfinder, but have yet been able to play it properly. I'm currently in a D&D 4th ed game that I'm enjoying, and I'm running a Star Wars Saga Edition game for some friends as well.
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    Options
    I haven't table-top rpg'd in years :-) I still have all the deadlands stuff though, I loved that game, different mechanics & a nicely odd steampunky wild west. :smile:
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Nearest i get to that is the WoW TCG. Awesome game!
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Yep still pen and paper it - it's actually my favorite way to game - I like xbox, but I would dump it in a heartbeat for a good tabletop game. 4th edition is our current game
  • karmaticgeek
    Options
    I played D&D 2e and 3e but that was years ago. It's been difficult to find a decent group since I moved to the UK so I've pretty much given up on it. I think my last character was a half-elven druid.
  • Mahu77
    Options
    I'm currently playing a Shifter Druid, which is out of 4th ed. It's a fun class if you pick the right style of play.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Currently 4th ed D&D, I'm the Dungeon Master... Keeps me off the Xbox and away from college work. :-)
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Currently playing Dark Heresy. I am a self confessed geek for Games Workshop stuff, have been for a good 20 years now.
  • Mahu77
    Options
    Currently playing Dark Heresy. I am a self confessed geek for Games Workshop stuff, have been for a good 20 years now.

Was the system hard to learn?
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Havent played Table top since my DM moved upstate=[......
    However I saw something online the other day that I know all fellow gamers would appreciate.
    Go to youtube and type in Roll a D-6
    also a must see is Gamers 2 The DOrkness rising
    My sister and I constantly quote this movie...:love:
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I play Pathfinder, weekly Sunday night game.
  • missdaisy79
    Options

Was the system hard to learn?

No, it's not too bad. Lots of D10 rolls against tables, as per usual for Games Workshop. Put it this way, even I've got the hang of it (mostly) and I'm terrible for learning game rules. I never listen when things get explained. :laugh:
    This past Tuesday I rolled some terrible hit rolls. I never thought it would be so hard to hit something with a +60 hit modifier :laugh:
    I play an (ex) Imperial Guardsman - fairly decent character class actually. Our psyker is a bit weedy, keeps driving members of the party insane by exposing us to the horrors of the Warp. Our Arbites has been a bit useless since his hand got blown off. By far and away the best character is the assassin (sniper).
  • vlwallace87
    Options

Do you play on Skype? My boyfriend and I are getting into the game but no one in our area plays. :/ We would like to learn more about the rules and how it's played.
  • vlwallace87
    Options
    Anyone play Table Top RPGs on Skype?
  • Serenavictoria
    Serenavictoria Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I never thought of skyping to RP! Fantastic... You... Right there, I love you! ****ing brilliant.
  • missdaisy79
    Options
    WE've had one of our party skype in before now when he's been working in Geneva but hasn't wanted to miss a session. Worked pretty well actually.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

Do you play on Skype? My boyfriend and I are getting into the game but no one in our area plays. :/ We would like to learn more about the rules and how it's played.

No, we don't Skype at all, with me traveling for work so often my character just sort fo comes and goes randomly.. However if you look on the Paizo forums, there are a tons of people that play over the internet (mostly play by post) and there is a thing called Pathfinder Society which is set up for people that don't have regular groups.
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options

GAH I am jealous! I want to play this game but the closest person who knows anything about the 40k universe lives like 50 miles away from me!!! ;n;
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    I play: D&D 3.5 & 4.0, Shadowrun 4e, Classic Spycraft. Before, I have played SWRPG, Wheel of Time, D&D 2.0 & 3.0, Mage: the Ascension, Rifts, and Marvel Diceless.

I've been gaming this way since I was 15 and I will NEVER look back! :D

Though I've played a lot, I have very little experience as a GM. I have GM'ed Marvel Diceless before as well as roleplays on Facebook (Mass Effect diceless), and I am currently GM'ing Classic Spycraft. d20 is very intimidating for me to run, but once I get going I start having the time of my life!! :D