Using Protein Supplements

Options
CoopsQueen
CoopsQueen Posts: 12 Member
I don't care for protein bars much but I would like to have them on the go when I'm unable to have the natural proteins, so what should I look for in a bar that is the healthiest or not going to "damage" me, so to speak. I also like to do the protein shakes as well, but should I be doing the shakes everyday even on my rest days? Is it a good idea to do the shake before bedtime? and should I do the shake even when I just do an intense run ( I run 3-6 miles on steep up and down hills so that's intense for me, :tongue: ) Please advise on some good ways to incorporate some protein supplements. Thanks and Happy New Year!!! :happy:

Replies

• missdelarocha
    missdelarocha Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of good info at bodybuilding.com about supplements, I think it was Casein that most people had before bed time because it's slow releasing for about 8 hours, a lot of your muscle recovery will happen when you sleep so I think it's a good idea.
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I like to drink homemade fruit smoothies w/almond milk and whey protein powder after any intense workout but especially within thirty minutes after strength training. Workouts usually leave me starving but the smoothie takes the edge off until I can eat a "real meal". My smoothies are a good source of calcium and protein and are a must, especially when there are a lot of exercise calories to consume.
  • CoopsQueen
    CoopsQueen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good to know info! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    This website educated me. Read through all the chapters listed on the left.

www.proteinreport.com