OKCupid?

Options

Replies

• PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Babs proves the point I've tried to make on this board several times. There are no bad sites, just bad people!! I've read a bunch of times that POF is nothing but a hookup site. Now Babs says she's met some nice guys from there. And she felt that the Match people were creepy, opposite of the general consensus.

I just think you need to try them all and it's a total crap shoot if you happen to see or be seen by the right person.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    So I have a date on Friday for lunch with a guys from OkCupid. So we will see how it goes
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Good luck! I have a first date tonight with someone from POF.
  • agregson1985
    agregson1985 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i wanna meet someone the old fashioned way like shopping for groceries! haha does that even happen anymore? seems like everything is online because people think its easier, but its not! Im on pof met lots of a guys over the years but nothing ever serious. Than i met my ex at a bar, big mistake, obviously i was drunk when i met him, damaged a few to many brain cells that last for 2 years hahaha
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options

let us know how it turns out!
  • PedmomJill
    Options

Surprisingly it went really well! We agreed we both want to see each other again but didn't make a date yet. His birthday is this weekend so he has plans with friends/family. I'm glad he didn't try to invite me-WAY too soon! I'm happy though.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Surprisingly it went really well! We agreed we both want to see each other again but didn't make a date yet. His birthday is this weekend so he has plans with friends/family. I'm glad he didn't try to invite me-WAY too soon! I'm happy though.

yay!!!!
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options

Yay!!!!!!!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    That's just stupid and immature. I just delete something like that and don't reply.

I just got the "Hello. How are you?" email. Ugh. Really? I have a pretty full profile. You can't think of ONE thing to say about it?

That's a trouble with sooo many dating sites or rather the guys that are on them. You can tell that they're just sending off emails hoping one will stick. I've also had the "hey how r u?" Um, if you can't bother to type the whole words, I'm not interested.
  • PedmomJill
    Options

Yay!!!!!!!

Change of plans and we are going out tonight for dinner and drinks. Woo hoo! Please let there be a spark. I am so sick of looking!
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    So..............it went great. I am done looking, at least for now, to see how this develops. Going out again on Tuesday. :)
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I just found this "singles" area, and so glad it is here :)

I have tried both pof and OKC, and have had many first/second dates on pof, and made some great friends, and did end up with a 8 mos relationship from POF. Have not had as much luck on OKC, seems like there is not a ton of traffic -in my area anyway.......good luck to all !~!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    So..............it went great. I am done looking, at least for now, to see how this develops. Going out again on Tuesday. :)

Good for you!
  • La_Amazona
    Options

Yay!!!!!
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Thanks guys! The funny thing is, I met him on POF and he's the only guy I met from there. And I've read so many negative comments about that site. It's free though, so I'm happy I met even one person I like. I also paid for match and that was a bust! I hid my profile on both site this morning, quite happily! We obviously aren't in a serious relationship yet, but I just have no interest in meeting someone else until I see where this might go. I don't think it's right to have a profile out there when I have no intention of meeting someone else for now.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Hiding your profile...

Do you tell him you're doing so? Do you expect him to hide his as well??

Do you talk about this?

Just wondering because this is interesting. I havent hid my profile after dating someone. Mine IS hidden at the moment but because I wanted to get off of there.
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Actually he brought up that when he meets someone he likes, he does not date anyone else because he wants to give that one person a chance. This was just something he said, not like a big discussion. I didn't even say anything actually, but I totally agree. I've met enough people to feel that I know what I want. I think he might be the guy. So why would I want to keep looking and "dilute" the attention I give him.

No, I didn't tell him I hid my profiles, and I'm not going to bring it up. Obviously if at some point there is a commitment, then yes I will expect him too. But honestly my main reason to hide mine is cuz I don't want to get any more emails at this point when I know I don't want to meet anyone new.

Also......I was planning to get off of the sites anyway. This timing was just perfect. :)

Like your new avatar by the way!
  • BlondeLisa1
    BlondeLisa1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Actually he brought up that when he meets someone he likes, he does not date anyone else because he wants to give that one person a chance. This was just something he said, not like a big discussion. I didn't even say anything actually, but I totally agree. I've met enough people to feel that I know what I want. I think he might be the guy. So why would I want to keep looking and "dilute" the attention I give him.

No, I didn't tell him I hid my profiles, and I'm not going to bring it up. Obviously if at some point there is a commitment, then yes I will expect him too. But honestly my main reason to hide mine is cuz I don't want to get any more emails at this point when I know I don't want to meet anyone new.

Also......I was planning to get off of the sites anyway. This timing was just perfect. :)

I am very, very happy for you!
  • melg126
    Options
    So I just reactivated my account on there. I can't really remember if I liked it or not since it was over a year ago and I was on a couple different sites then. What do you guys think of it?

Since you mentioned this I opened a profile on it. I figure I'd give it a whirl so thanks for suggesting. So far seems to be interesting... we'll see if it leads to anything! :smile:
  • melg126
    Options

I'm happy for you! I hope it works out well. :drinker: