Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K?

Options
Is anyone else running this 5K in February? I've ran lots of 5Ks before, but I got REEEEALLY out of shape. I'm on Week 8 of the C25K training, so I will end my training WITH this race. I'm flying out from Chicago with my 10 year old daughter, and we are running it with my sister, who lives out there. This is my sister's first 5K, and she's been doing the C25K too. Just curious if any MFP folks were planning on doing this...

Replies

• Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I hadn't heard about it but I'll look into it. Seems like it'd be a lot of fun. I'm only on week 3 of c25k so I'd probably end up walking most of it.
  • eoney
    eoney Posts: 35
    Options
    You may be surprised...once you start catching the excitement of race day and your fellow runners, that can be a real boost!! I was terribly under-trained for my first 5K, and it remains one of my very best times!
  • Operation_Me
    Options
    Oh, I know what you mean. I actually did the run at the Rose Bowl last week. Ran as much as I could but mostly just walked the last mile.

I went to the Redondo Beach 5k's website. It looks like a lot of fun. Some of the costumes are hilarious!
  • Operation_Me
    Options
    Hey eoney, not sure if you're still around but I am doing this on Sunday! Should be fun.