Welcome! Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Casey and... uh... I'm now in this group??? I like anime (of course) and manga, but I'm starting to turn into a voice actor fangirl. Currently watching Nodame Cantible, Cromartie High, and Eden of the East. Also going through Inuyasha (used to watch the out of order episodes on AdultSwim back in the day, so now I'm doing it right). My favorite series is FMA:Brotherhood, but I really like the dorky high school shows like Azumanga, Cromartie, and Lucky Star.

I would LOVE to cosplay but right now I could only be Totoro (HA!). Or Dondochakka from Bleach... or any equally rotund character.

IRL I teach music, read books (anything by Neil Gaiman :3 ), play vidja games (as my mom calls it) and pay bills. I bought a house for the sole purpose of feeling grown up, but now it just stores all of my manga and Beatles figurines... My brain hasn't gotten the memo that I'm almost 30 >.<

I also like Doctor Who, Big Bang Theory, Biggest Loser, and anything that I can catch on Netflix.

I like cheese, say DERP waaaay too much, and no one in my family gets my flavor of crazy.
  • agwilker
    agwilker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    For some reason I thought I already posted an intro, guess I didn't. Better late than never! My real name is Ashley, but you can call me by my username, either way. My first anime was Love Hina when I was in high school, so I was about 15 or so. Since then I have been really interested in it. Anime and my love of collecting anything Hello Kitty, among other things, has me kind of infatuated with Japanese culture. I'd like to visit Japan in the future, so I'm trying to teach myself Japanese. Subtitled anime is helping quite a bit with that actually! Most importantly I've learned baka doesn't JUST mean idiot! hah. The only people I personally know interested in anime have been guys, so it's nice to see some female opinions on what anime they like here. My hobby pretty much is watching anime, movies, a few tv series etc. aside from fitness. I've always liked to draw, write or do anything creative. I like to game, but I go in spurts with that, I enjoy rpgs mostly. My all-time favorite is Kingdom Hearts.

My favorite anime is so hard to choose, I'd say it's either Nana or xxxHolic. (I can also think of several others for a 5-way tie!) I love anything Miyazaki, I own most of his films. Least favorite? I haven't met too many I haven't liked. I'm always surprised on some things I end up liking. I've tended not to be a fan of ones that don't have much humor (light or dark) to them. I've found a lot of good resources through this forum already. I watched the whole first season of Toradora! last weekend and I'm looking forward to my next this weekend. I can't decide. I prefer to watch them via dvd or hulu on my tv, but some series are impossible to get that way, so I'm watching a few on the computer. I'd like to be more active on the forums here, but I work full time, so I don't get a chance to do that much!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    My favorite anime is so hard to choose, I'd say it's either Nana or xxxHolic.

Nana <3<3<3 I wish the author would get better and finish the story :)
  • agwilker
    agwilker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My favorite anime is so hard to choose, I'd say it's either Nana or xxxHolic.

Nana <3<3<3 I wish the author would get better and finish the story :)

Me too!!! I about died with the way the series left off. So of course I had to find the manga.
  • YAY AN ANIME GROUP!!! Hola people :3 I'm BleedingPoeticWings, but call me Luna x3 I am in love with the anime Pokemon, Case Closed, Shayman King, DN Angel, and a little bit into Death Note. I also made my own group for Anime! :D

I've been into anime... Sense I think I was able to understand what Ash could say on Pokemon XD I remember the first episode, and I'm about to graduate high school and still going strong on it along with many other kinds!

I draw, write, and hope to one day be an author and illistrater of my own anime seriers. I really do. I have drawn many drawings for characters, so far a character I call "Throsica" the most succesull :D Really I joined this site because it was required for a class (weird teacher..) But I kinda like it and it helps me :3 (Please Excuse my spelling ><" I fail.)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Casey and... uh... I'm now in this group??? I like anime (of course) and manga, but I'm starting to turn into a voice actor fangirl. Currently watching Nodame Cantible, Cromartie High, and Eden of the East. Also going through Inuyasha (used to watch the out of order episodes on AdultSwim back in the day, so now I'm doing it right). My favorite series is FMA:Brotherhood, but I really like the dorky high school shows like Azumanga, Cromartie, and Lucky Star.

I would LOVE to cosplay but right now I could only be Totoro (HA!). Or Dondochakka from Bleach... or any equally rotund character.

IRL I teach music, read books (anything by Neil Gaiman :3 ), play vidja games (as my mom calls it) and pay bills. I bought a house for the sole purpose of feeling grown up, but now it just stores all of my manga and Beatles figurines... My brain hasn't gotten the memo that I'm almost 30 >.<

I also like Doctor Who, Big Bang Theory, Biggest Loser, and anything that I can catch on Netflix.

I like cheese, say DERP waaaay too much, and no one in my family gets my flavor of crazy.

Teacher?? That could be sexy.. :wink: :wink:
    haha, actually, I want to be a teacher too!!
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Hi there. I love japanese anime ever since DBZ.
    I'll be honest and I believe my first anime I watched was Saint Seiya and Mazinger Z. I went later to Voltron, Gundam and Dragonball, Dragonball Z and GT. Now I am inmersed in Naruto, Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist.

Happy to be here!
  • Aeonis
    Aeonis Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well hi there everyone^^ Urm. I'm trying to get more fit.. and I like Anime.. and this is an anime group so I'm here!

Sailor Moon was my gateway and will always be my favey fave. Umm. I like to do a ton of things. Sing, draw, write music, and dance. I also love hooping.

HI!
  • torkmdeg
    torkmdeg Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. :) I'm Taurena.. and I'm a big anime fan, as well as a cosplayer and gamer. My motivation for getting in shape actually happens to be cosplay - and I'm cosplaying as Alice of Pandora Hearts in January.

My favorite animes/mangas are Full Moon o Saga****e, Pandora Hearts, InuYasha, Elfen Lied, OHSHC, Popotan, Bleach *goes on listing about 85893 other series* ... a lot. :laugh:

My favorite games are Kingdom Hearts, Harvest moon, Rune Factory, Pokemon, and Final Fantasy.

Anyone here with similar interests can feel free to add me! :happy:
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome welcome everyone!
  • Alleonh
    Options
    Ooooooo shiny anime group! *touches*

I'm new to the site, hoping to lose weight, feel great, and everything else that's fun and awesome!

Aaaaand, if I can hang out and chat about anime while I'm at it well..... what's not to love! ^__^
  • Slayette
    Options
    Ohayo Gozaimasu!

My name is Slayette but you guys are more then welcome to call me Slay!

I am a huge anime/manga otaku.

Nice to meet you all!
  • Au79Vector
    Options
    Cool! Anime group!

Hello everyone. My gateway drug was the original ghost in the shell movie I borrowed from the public library. LOL...and it was in VHS!!!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I've recently gotten into Anime and Manga. I'm currently working on a manga and will have it published by summer. Soooooo excited.
    I love all things Yu-Gi-Oh! and enjoy watching/reading Fruits Basket and Vampire Knight.
    I've recently learned about Vocaloid (Hatsune Miku) and am obssesed with it!
    And because this is a workout site, I'll go on to say I love running, and am working on my DDR skills. I'm a total novice, but it's fun. I also like Parapara dancing, though I'm not very good at that, either, lol.
  • taigaclaw
    taigaclaw Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hellooo~! Very new to the site!
    I'm Taiga (or Emi, take your pick 8D), and I'm 20. Favourite anime would probably be between Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, Beyblade and Tiger & Bunny. I have a Tiger & Bunny tattoo, and I cosplay when I can :)
  • saucepanlyd
    saucepanlyd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My name is lydia, just joined recently thanks to my good friend moeincognito. Looking forward to talk to you all!

My first anime was probably dragonball or cardcaptors though I didn't know it was anime back then! My first manga was peach girl and then I really started gettting into it. I went to my first covention in ireland in 2010 and met most of my good friends there. I've just moved to england to study and haven't really got into the anime scene here as of yet due to being really busy!
  • Moeincognito
    Options
    Not without me trying to get her into it (`・ω・´)” Love you Lyd <3
  • JeanLuz
    JeanLuz Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I was actually rather surprised to find an anime group on here, it's pretty awesome. Anyways I'm a pretty big anime fan, I started off with some of the miyazaki films before I knew what anime was. The first I can remeber is Kiki's delivery service. After that the first series I saw was salior moon, DBZ and poke'mon ((if that counts lol)). Since then I got into tons of other anime, most recently my favorites are BRS, Inu X Boku SS, Black Butler, and Hetalia.

^_^ In addition to watching anime and reading the occasional manga I also love video games, specfically horror survival. I also do lots of art, paintings as far as visual art goes but mostly I write stories with my other friend online. I'm also super into Vocaloid music as well as regular kinds, rock, classical and stuff like that.

That pretty much about does it, thanks for reading ^_^
  • Sutato
    Sutato Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad there is an anime group! Now we can all work together to reach our goals. A little about myself? Well, I am a cosplayer and I'd like to make the best out of every cosplay that I do. I am currently working on a Black Widow cosplay (nothing to do with anime, I know, but still), and my boyfriend is doing Tony Stark as Iron Man. I like Vocaloid. I read manga and watch anime for the story. I am also into comics (Mostly Marvel but DC and Darkhorse are nice too), and video games (I play a lot of games but I'd hardly consider myself a gamer). My favorite game is any of the Fatal Frame games.
    My first anime? It's a tie between Sailor Moon and Zoids (Mecha Love). I'm also an avid Kamen Rider fan.
    My reasons for losing weight? Uh gee....Health, I'm enlisting in the Navy, Cosplay, I want to look nice for my man, I want to look nice for me, tired of being the largest girl in my cosplay group, and then general self esteem issues. :blushing:
  • valentinewolfe
    Options
    Hello, you beautiful mass of anime-loving people! I'm Jessica, 27 years old, and pleased to make all of your acquaintances. My husband and I are both on MFP, and we hope to lose enough to start feeling good about cosplaying. :smile: We're going to ACen in about a month and we decided against dressing up this time, but I'm determined we will at the next one.

I like a good variety of anime - my favorites are probably Yakitate! Japan, Golden Boy, Outlaw Star, One Piece, and Great Teacher Onizuka. I also love Miike films and Oriental markets. And I don't know about everyone here, but I need encouragement with this whole "being healthy" thing, because OH MAN do I love sitting around and eating stuff. Therefore, please feel free to add me if you'd like to help cheer/threaten each other into getting fit. :bigsmile: