Whats on your menu today?

Options

Replies

• bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Just had an Atkins Cookie & Cream Bar and 8 oz. of Hood Calorie Countdown low-carb. milk(3g. net carbs. for the milk and 3 for the bar.)
    I have a beef rump roast that was marinated overnight in Claude's Brisket marinade in the crockpot as we speak......this is for supper.....just have to fix something to go along with it for my husband......I'll probably just cook some green beans.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Dinner for 01/26/2012

Almond crusted chicken breast (seasoned with basil, oregano and gahhhhlic), oven baked with mozzarella cheese, a homemade marinara that was bulked up with more low-carb vegetables and less on the tomatoes... over spaghetti squash threads seasoned with kosher salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes, and a little melted butter...

OHHHH this was really good!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Cramernh- that sounds delish!!

My Dinner tonight: Vietnamese lemongrass pork with asian slaw. (Make 2 biiiig portions, or 4 small ones)

4x pork loin steaks, thinned out with a mallet & chopped into 2 in pieces

Marinade:
    2 tbsp sesame oil
    1 tsp turmeric powder
    1 tsp black pepper
    2 stalks lemongrass (whizzed up or very finely chopped)
    2 garlic cloves, chopped
    2 tbsp Thai fish sauce (Nam pla)

Mix into pork and let marinade for at least 30 mins.

When marinated, cook in a wok/pan on a high heat for 5 mins. Serve with slaw (below)

Slaw:

1 pack stir fry vegetables (I used the value variety- white cabbage, carrot & beansprouts) or 1 pack coleslaw mix.
    mixed with lots of chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) and fresh mint.

Dressing for slaw:

I kinda made this up- so feel free to experiment yourself but this was yummy!

-2 birds eye chilli peppers, chopped (or any chilli)
    - 2 tsp granulated splenda
    - 1 tbsp rice vinegar
    - 1 tbsp lime juice
    - 2 tbsp water
    - 1 tbsp evoo
    - 2 tbsp chopped roasted peanuts.
  • ctrilk
    ctrilk Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm going to make some hot spinach artichoke dip tonight, with cream cheese and shredded parmesan, and dip w/celery & broccoli.. should be good! :) Might even add some shredded chicken before I bake it to up the protein!
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Dinner tonight- Vietnamese Pho (Beef broth)

I'm using a pho paste and adding chillis, lime juice & star anise and coriander (cilantro). I'll put in beef, bean sprouts, spring onions and konnyaku (shiritaki noodles).

I cant wait for that huuuuuuge bowl of noodly goodness!
  • INRBM
    INRBM Posts: 4
    Options
    Lightly dusted haddock fillet served with creamed cabbage & spring greens, aubergine parmigiana, & cauliflower (with a tiny bit of cheddar grated over it because I couldn't be bothered to make cheese sauce!). I'm totally stuffed, but considering a handful of strawberries & blueberries with some whipped cream later!
  • cramernh
    Options
    Dinner 01/30/2012

Its Mexican night!!!!!!!!!!

Two chile rellenos with a fresh made salsa-verde, and drizzled three types of habanero hot sauce over it

One shredded chicken quesadilla, also with the same habanero sauces as well.....
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Dinner 01/30/2012

Two chile rellenos with a fresh made salsa-verde, and drizzled three types of habanero hot sauce over it

One shredded chicken quesadilla, also with the same habanero sauces as well.....

I had to google what a chile relleno is, but they look great! Can you let me know your recipe/method?

:o)
  • cramernh
    Options
    Dinner 01/30/2012

I had to google what a chile relleno is, but they look great! Can you let me know your recipe/method?

Do a small slit on the side of each Poblano pepper
    Gotta roast up some poblano peppers to char the outer skin off.
    When I get my american cheese, I get a thin cut on them because each cut is HALF an ounce which is a perfect serving inside each pepper. - So, one slice in each pepper, broken down.

Whip up some egg-whites and season with kosher salt and pepper to season.

Dip the stuffed pepper into the egg-wash and right into a hot frying pan with a little olive oil.

The key is to cook the egg all around the pepper. The cheese is going to melt inside nicely!

Serve some homemade salsa verde (or find an all natural product on the market), and melt some cheese on top.

****I will use VERY LIGHTLY, a dusting of whole wheat flour on the stuffed pepper itself so the egg white-wash will stick. Plus it helps to seal the pepper so the cheese doesnt get every where.
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Dinner 01/30/2012

Do a small slit on the side of each Poblano pepper
    Gotta roast up some poblano peppers to char the outer skin off.
    When I get my american cheese, I get a thin cut on them because each cut is HALF an ounce which is a perfect serving inside each pepper. - So, one slice in each pepper, broken down.

Whip up some egg-whites and season with kosher salt and pepper to season.

Dip the stuffed pepper into the egg-wash and right into a hot frying pan with a little olive oil.

The key is to cook the egg all around the pepper. The cheese is going to melt inside nicely!

Serve some homemade salsa verde (or find an all natural product on the market), and melt some cheese on top.

****I will use VERY LIGHTLY, a dusting of whole wheat flour on the stuffed pepper itself so the egg white-wash will stick. Plus it helps to seal the pepper so the cheese doesnt get every where.

Sounds great but they dont sell Poblano chilli peppers in the UK :o( The shops here sell lots of chillis (finger, birds eye, scotch bonnet, bhut jolokia) but they are all small & hot.

I'm guessing I could use a romano pepper (a long pointed red bell pepper)? And make the filling spicy?

Tonights dinner:

Chicken & chorizo stew

- Chicken breasts cut into large pieces (or use thighs & leg pieces)
    - chorizo sausage

sauce:

Chicken broth
    butter
    Garlic
    red & yellow bell peppers
    yellow onion
    1 tsp hot paprika
    1 tsp spanish smoked paprika
    1 pinch saffron strands
    black pepper
    fresh parsley

Served with cauli rice :o)
  • cramernh
    Options

I'm guessing I could use a romano pepper (a long pointed red bell pepper)? And make the filling spicy?

You can use whatever pepper you want.

The nice thing about Poblanos is that when you roast them, they get smoky-sweet once the charred-skin is removed...
  • cramernh
    Options
    Dinner 01/31/2012 Been on a mexican kick lately and here we go again!

Homemade quacamole - avocado, red and orange bell peppers, red onions, cilantro, garlic, fresh cilantro and freshly squeezed lime

Simple salad of lettuce, cucumbers and thinly sliced roma tomatoes

Grilled Chicken Quesadilla - fresh grilled breast of chicken seasoned with arbol and ancho chili powder, garlic, kosher salt and black peper, some homemade salsa, mozzarella and cheddar cheese using a Joseph's Low-carb pita pocket as the 'fajita' ....

This cooked up NICELY and there is a slight crunch to the bread too!

OHHH cant forget the habanero sauce!

Im bringing this to work tomorrow as well!
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Diiner tonight:

Corned beef hash:

Corned beef
    sliced onion
    cubed turnip
    shredded savoy cabbage
    worcestershire & tabasco sauce

all fried up together, and topped with a fried egg.
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Being that its valentines, I am gonna cook up a storm tonight for me & my bf!!

To start:

Mussels cooked with garlic, cream, a dash of white wine & topped with fresh parsley.

Mains:

Pan fried loin of venison (Deer) in a blackberry sauce (made with beef stock, a few blackberries & a pinch of splenda/salt/pepper). served with turnip chips (Fries) and spinach.

Dessert:

little lemon cheesecake mousse made with heavy cream (whipped) a couple of tbsp of cream cheese, splenda & lemon extract. I'm going to crumble some macademia nuts over the top for crust-like texture.

Calorific, but at least I'm not snout first into a ben & jerrys!!!
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have my monthly 'Curry Club' tonight, its always the second Tuesday of the month and lucky for me its Valentines day so I'm not sat home alone! :)

I'll probably have Chicken Tikka (comes sizzling with onions and a side salad) with an onion bhaji and a vegetable dish :)
  • UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    Options
    Leftover feta meatloaf and salad.
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    I'm gonna try the flax pizza crust:

Zero Net Carb Flax Meal Pizza Crust
    http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/zero-carb-flax-meal-pizza-crust.html

Topped with green pesto (instead of tomato sauce), mozarella cheese, chicken, olives and sliced green peppers.
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bump,needs some ideas, Thanks for sharing everyone.
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Dinner tonight-

Cauliflower cheese soup, topped with crispy smoked bacon and herby garlic flax croutons (made using the savoury mim recipe, and then fried in garlic & evoo).
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs tonight! :)