Getting to know you.

Options
Kelly_1981
Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
Hi all :flowerforyou:

I am super excited about this, I have seen people with amazing results of this programme and I can’t wait to have them!

A little intro

My name is Kelly I am 30 years old I have been married to Joe for 10.5 years now and I am happier now than the early days of marriage for sure! We have a great marriage.
I have 2 children Jacob is 13 9he is my step son but I have raised him since he was 2) he is a Mummy’s boy and I love him to bits! Then we have Elizabeth our little drama queen is 9 going on 29! Full of confidence and a sweetheart.

I have PCOS and decided on the 31st December that I need to change my body for good because I am not happy when I look in the mirror and I hate pictures. I would LOVE another baby and time is ticking (it’s been 8 years on and off that we have been trying, and I want it NOW)

I am starting a low carb/low GI diet I have just started on that so I am still learning.

I work in sales but am very lucky because my company let me work from home.

I have a blessed life and I am happy but I am not confident with me and I want to change that. My hubby recently lost 65 pounds through walking and eating better and I don’t want to be the "fat" one if that makes sense. I love when people say "hey you look good" call me vain but I want that every day!

I am a positive person and will give 100% but I want that back in return.

we live in the UK but my hubby is American and both of my children were born there, we lived in Upstate New York for 6 years.

Oh and I have 3 Chihuahuas that I LOVE! (Xena, Zeus and Bear Bear)

So that is me :-) what about you?

Replies

• Mel1509
    Mel1509 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    HI!

I am Melissa, from Toronto, Canada - I am 25 years old and a Financial Planner. I currently live with my Fiance and will be married in June! :)

I actually was on day 15 of the 30DS and than sprained my ankle (rolled my ankle running) So my nurse mother wanted me to take a week off, hope to get back to the shred this weekend :) Not sure if I should pick up from Day 1 again or continue on with Day 15?

I would like to lose about 10 pounds in time for my wedding, but really I am looking to lose a few inches. Some success I have had with the 30DS thus far, I had lost 3 inches in total about 1 and a half off both my waist and hips/butt and more definition in my arms!

Super excited to get back to this video, I usually complete the P90X ab ripper or do some time on the elliptical before or after the video :) Looking forward to getting through this with all of you!! :)
  • Kelly_1981
    Options
    Hi Mel :-)

Congrats on the wedding! How exciting.

I too stopped from an injury but I am going to start day 1 again today, if I get bored I might move on to lvl 2 before 10 days but I want to start with lvl 1 again.

Welcome to the group. x
  • Radiva
    Radiva Posts: 14
    Options
    hey there! i just purchased the shred on amazon last night, hopefully i will get it tomorrow and jump right in with you guys! im 37, 2 sons and getting married on aug 11, 2012!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo, lets get fit ladies!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mother, wife, and educator. Over the years, I have gained more weight than I care to keep around. I've tried the 30 Day Shred a few times, but I have NEVER stuck with it for the entire thirty days. This time WILL be different! Thanks for starting this group!
  • Charlieh16
    Charlieh16 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm Charlotte (aka Charlie) I am 25 years old and live in Buckinghamshire, England. I have a gorgeous partner called Steve who i have been with forjust over 2 years, no children as of yet....

I have been 'chubby' right through my early years and when i hit 18,(and also hit the clubs and booze) the weight started to slowly drop off untill i was around 130lb and felt great. I maintained it and started to concentrate on toning up.

Just when i had a really great tone to my tummy, my appendix decided to explode whilst on holiday in Crete and i had to be rushed to hospital where the surgeon had to slice right down my (newly toned) tummy from top to bottom!!:sad:

For a while after this i thought well that's it i will never be thin again and no one will ever want someone with a disgusting foot long scar down their stomach but after returning to England, the more I ate, the more weight i lost and i was loving it, untill i started getting down to arounf 110-115lb and then i just looked ill!

This is where i met Steve. You know how they say when you meet someone that your are completely comfortable with you kinda let things go....well i did and piled on 2 stones in 2 years.

Now is the time i want to get back to feeling good about myself (not 110lb) and my goal weight is 126lb :)

Really looking forward to seeing some changes and feeling great about myself again :)
  • yolste07
    yolste07 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am 53 years young; I have been married for 11 years will be 12 in March. Between the two of us we have 5 grown children and 9 grandchildren. My husband surprised me with the 30 DS this week. If anyone is near a Walmart they have the DVD I think it was under $12.00. I had planned to start this DVD in February so this is good timing. Sunday's are my rest days so I know I will not be doing anything on those days other than what my pedometer has from me walking around on those days. I am not too thrilled about taking pictures can I do neck and below shots. It will be me. I am looking forward to doing this with you all.
  • penn_ee
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm Penny - live in Hertfordshire, UK with my fiance and getting married in SIX WEEKS! So I too am on the bridal blitz and picked up 30DS from itunes last week. I've done the week 1 program for 5 days, but as I'm moving house this week I have taken a few days off and was going to restart to keep it going.

I have all my day 1 measurements though, so was going to post those instead of today's as I'm steering clear of a tape measure until half way through.

Really good to know there are others giving it a go too!
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Heather. I'm 34 years old, 2 kids, 1 is 14 years old and 1 is 2 :smile: I have been with my fiance for 10ish years and we are getting married on May 27th. I've been trying to get back to my pre-kid weight, which I know will NEVER happen. But I'm okay with that. Toning is my priority since I will be flying to Mexico after wedding.

I have started and stopped the 30 day shred several times. I can't seem to fit it in my schedule OR I"m too tired by the time I get home. I have done it off and on for 3 to 4 weeks and can see a noticeable difference in my toning. SO, if I can just get on it and stick with it (maybe some accountability will help) then I can be where I want to be and just maintain.

Thanks for starting this!

OH, and I'll post my measurements from when I started and not now. I want to get thru it and see the TOTAL results.
  • Kelly_1981
    Options
    Hello,

I am 53 years young; I have been married for 11 years will be 12 in March. Between the two of us we have 5 grown children and 9 grandchildren. My husband surprised me with the 30 DS this week. If anyone is near a Walmart they have the DVD I think it was under $12.00. I had planned to start this DVD in February so this is good timing. Sunday's are my rest days so I know I will not be doing anything on those days other than what my pedometer has from me walking around on those days. I am not too thrilled about taking pictures can I do neck and below shots. It will be me. I am looking forward to doing this with you all.

Hi :drinker:

Welcome :-) Yes thats fine you can do whatever you are comfortable with. This is all about helping and supporting each other! Just dedicate 100% to finishing the 30 DS x
  • Kelly_1981
    Options
    Hello! I'm Heather. I'm 34 years old, 2 kids, 1 is 14 years old and 1 is 2 :smile: I have been with my fiance for 10ish years and we are getting married on May 27th. I've been trying to get back to my pre-kid weight, which I know will NEVER happen. But I'm okay with that. Toning is my priority since I will be flying to Mexico after wedding.

I have started and stopped the 30 day shred several times. I can't seem to fit it in my schedule OR I"m too tired by the time I get home. I have done it off and on for 3 to 4 weeks and can see a noticeable difference in my toning. SO, if I can just get on it and stick with it (maybe some accountability will help) then I can be where I want to be and just maintain.

Thanks for starting this!

OH, and I'll post my measurements from when I started and not now. I want to get thru it and see the TOTAL results.

Hi Heather :flowerforyou: Welcome! Congrats on the wedding!! How fab. Well I am not sure how many people we will have join but I will give this 100% and we WILL finish this together and you will look fab on that holiday to Mexico!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm Katie, 25 years old FT working mom and wife. I have two young boys - 2 years old and 4.5 months old. I've done 3 days already, but they havn't been everyday so I will start new today. :smile:
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! The motivation, accountabilty and support is what I need. My S/O is very supportive but always makes excuses me for me when I don't do it. He tries to make me feel better. I need someone to kick me in the a**
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am 45 yrs old, a mother of two wonderful boys ages 16 and 12, married for 21 yrs to a wonderful man (most of the time...lol). I am a substitute teacher and am currently trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up! Anyway, I am thrilled to join this group! I was in another group that did 3 of Jillians dvd's, mixing them up doing anywhere from 1-2 every day except Sunday. I did good for about 2.5 weeks and then I injured my knee and wasn't able to continue. My knee is better and I can start this today, if possible or if not, definitely tomorrow!

I have struggle with my weight all my life. I have done tons of "quick" diets, all of which include taking a diet pill, with the end result being the same...all of the weight was gained back! This time, it's my way, the right way! Slow and steady wins the race! You should know that patience is not a virtue of mine, so this is quite a challenge! I have lost 11 lbs since October...like I said, slow and steady...

I am so happy to support all of you and have your support as well. Together we WILL do this!
  • Timeformyself
    Timeformyself Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I am a 36 year old working mom of 2 wonderful boys 8 and 6 years old. I have been married to my husband now for 9 years and have been overweight basically after graduating high school. I was always active in sports and would like to get back into shape now.

I am one of those people who always put everyone else before me and use this as an excuse to not go to the gym or get my work out in, hence my name. I need to take time for myself to get back into shape, lose about 60 to 70 pounds and be healthy for myself and my family.

I have seen such great result pictures on the 30 DS and can't wait to get started on it. Being able to do this in the morning before everyone is up will be the easiest for me and thus my journey on the 30DS begins!!!!
  • Georganna1962
    Options
    Hi! My name is Georganna. I will be 50 next Thursday. I am happily married with 2 grown children + 7 year old at home; 4 grandchildren and I am determined to lose this weight and be a healthy, active mom and grandmom. Fan of biggest loser work-outs - 30 day shred and power walk. I started changing my life the end of Sept. 2011 and have lost 58 pounds with many more to go. Looking forward to being part of the team! :)
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in!!! My name is Michelle I am 30 y/o, I have 3 girls (7, 4, 2) and a wonderful hubby of (7 years of marriage). I run a home daycare here in Ottawa Ontario (Canada).
    After having my third girl I was unable to just shed the weight off like with my first two girls. I had a raging appetite and every excuse to not exercise! Lately, I have become very aware of my eating habits and trying to make the best choices of what foods I put in my mouth. Now to get my act together in the exercise department. I have tried twice now to complete the 30 Day Shred and would like this to be the third and final attempt, and to be able to say "I DID IT!!!!"
    Looking forward to supporting everyone and getting through the next 30 days to see the final result! The snow and ice will be melting in the not too distant future (fingers crossed) here so I'd like to be able to sport my bikini come summer time without the extra baggage I've accumulated!
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    I'm Leslie,

I'm single, working mom of 3 crazy kiddos. I have twin 6 year old girls and an almost 8 year old boy.

Like many others, I've always been overweight. Most of my life, people have told me that I have carried my weight well. Now a days, I'm not hearing that much. I guess I know why!

I've never stuck with a fitness activity. Over the last several years, I've made many positive changes in my life and I've come to realize that I'm stronger than I once thought. I'm going to do this and I am going to meet my goals!

Let's rock!
  • katburkinshaw
    Options
    Hey! My name is Kat, I'm a 22 year old student from Cambridgeshire, UK. I've had fluctuating weight in the past - My first year of Uni I piled on the weight, then became ill and dropped to 133lb because I ate NOTHING and was walking an hour a day to and from lectures. Thankfully this didn't last long, but as soon as I stopped I put on a stone.

I want to kick start weight loss and I also want to tone up. I miss feeling physically as good as I did when I lost weight (mentally, I wasn't so great) and would like to get back there but healthily. I'm starting to monitor what I eat a little more so hopefully that'll help too.

Let's go! Best of luck to you all!

xx
  • gacornell
    gacornell Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello, this is a great idea. I started it before the holiday's, and then slacked. I've been wanting to start back up again and this is a great way to do it.

My name is Georgia, I'm 33. I've been married for 11 1/2 years, we have 3 children, 13 (stepdaughter Blake), 9 (son Garrett), and 3 (daughter Clara).

I'm 5'4" and I've always been on the more muscle/athletic side. Not tiny, but very toned. After my son was born I got back to 160ish. Then we decided to have another one. I ended up having 2 miscarriages and gained about 50 lbs, which after my daughter was born I've never been able to lose. I'm at 202 right now.

I tired of being tired and I want to get back to the physical lifestyle that I've always had. And it's just not going to happen through diet alone. I'm an accountant, so I sit on my butt all day. One good thing is that our office just put in a gym for employees to use. I'll be utilizing that along with the 30DS.
  • Kelly_1981
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm Penny - live in Hertfordshire, UK with my fiance and getting married in SIX WEEKS! So I too am on the bridal blitz and picked up 30DS from itunes last week. I've done the week 1 program for 5 days, but as I'm moving house this week I have taken a few days off and was going to restart to keep it going.

I have all my day 1 measurements though, so was going to post those instead of today's as I'm steering clear of a tape measure until half way through.

Really good to know there are others giving it a go too!
    Hi Penny!! Welcome

How exciting getting married in 6 weeks!!!!! Cant wait to see pics :-)