All I think about is FOOD!

Options
2»

Replies

• econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Anyone ever caught themselves waiting until everyone has left the house (or even the room) so you can grab something and snarf it down without getting 'caught'??? I'm at my worst when left unattended near food. I too think about food all the time. It can be both an obsession and an addiction. Every day it's a struggle. But I'm trying to get at the 'why' I feel this way. Why do I automatically turn to food to help me feel better, whatever the situation? One day I hope to get to the bottom of this so I can conquer it and move on. Until then, it's a one-day-at-a-time struggle. SO glad I'm not alone!

I used to "sneak" food all the time. The latest instance was driving to Taco Bell at 1a - I did it probably 2-3x per week for about 3 months!!! Then I would bury the wrappers and such in the trash. I felt so guilty! Then one day, the kid at the drive thru waved at me like he recognized me and I freaked out. I literally haven't returned in over a month! lol I guess getting "caught" did it for me! You aren't alone!!!! Good luck :-)
  • EmIsabel
    EmIsabel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    omfg i thought i was alone on this man i will eat breakfast and then be thinking about what i want for lunch or what im going to snack on , like my bf thinks i have a eating disorder but i just think im always hungry lol

^^ this is mee too.
  • cduncansphoto
    Options
    Anyone ever caught themselves waiting until everyone has left the house (or even the room) so you can grab something and snarf it down without getting 'caught'??? I'm at my worst when left unattended near food. I too think about food all the time. It can be both an obsession and an addiction. Every day it's a struggle. But I'm trying to get at the 'why' I feel this way. Why do I automatically turn to food to help me feel better, whatever the situation? One day I hope to get to the bottom of this so I can conquer it and move on. Until then, it's a one-day-at-a-time struggle. SO glad I'm not alone!

I'm relieved to see that honesty is valued here... I can fess up to the exact same thing! Looking forward to this being a safe place to vent and admit to struggles and get some encouragement as well! Not feeling so alone now. I think that's half of it for me right there.
  • Birdmyrna
    Birdmyrna Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    During my work week I do very well and eat under my allowable calories...it's the weekends that are my downfall...When I have a structured day it's not so hard but Whew! those weekends can suck. Go to the movies and the first thing you see/smell is the popcorn which I dearly love. I've have taken micro poped corn with me to the movies but it's just not the same..:noway:

Mexican food for lunch on Sat? Well heck yeah...but then II feel like I have to limit what I'm eating and that's NO FUN !

So that is my big challenge now...weekends...:drinker:
  • Birdmyrna
    Birdmyrna Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Absolutely I have been there ! It's almost like an alcoholic hiding the booze...except the end results are somewhat different..Ha! I like to be able to enjoy my snacks and hiding and eating them fast takes away from the pleasure doesn't it? What to do?
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options

you are not alone! sometimes I feel like a kid in her terrible twos - and the second I know I'm not supposed to have something, I feel this DRIVE to get it. and I really have to fight myself.
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it has a name or what it is. I have this too. I wak up and think about what i'm going to eat and when. All day i'm adding calories and figuring out what else i can or can't eat. When i run i'm figuring out what i can or can't eat after a run. It's soooo annoying.