Body Trim

Options
Just curious is anyone doing the Body Trim program?

Replies

• Roblyssa
    Roblyssa Posts: 125
    Options
    I did it a few years ago for a good while, not doing it anymore though.

Kellie
  • Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi, I did Body Trim and lost 16 kg in four months. I found it quite good but ultimately it wasn't a realistic way to eat. I do have to watch my cholesterol levels and was a bit concerned about the higher fat content of the program. I still eat higher protein based meals often now but combine this with a much more balanced diet.....and lots of exercise.....I go to my local Curves gym (I love it) 6 days a week and walk a fair bit with quite an active day usually. I am now fitter and healthier, no more diabetes and have lost so much more. I have found that going to Curves for the past two months has consolidated all my hard work over the past 10 years (I've lost well over 60 kg). I am now toning and building strength as well as losing those last few kg! I eat so much more now.....it's quite incredible! I count calories and spend an great deal of time thinking about ways to lessen the calorie/sugar content of good, healthy meals and often find I have to go looking for something to eat just to reach my daily calorie goal. Of all the methods I have used over the years to lose weight I would have to say Curves is by far the easiest, most effective and simply the most NORMAL way I have found.

Jen
    13836398.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter:flowerforyou:
  • rpdaries
    rpdaries Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Jen, you are a champion for sticking at this over the long haul. I need to do what you've done. I am in the habit of counting calories and get a kick out of learning the calories of different foods so I can "eat out" without worry. While I am exercising its combating the boredom of doing the same thing which is becoming a small issue for me, so I just signed up for a local boot camp, just to shake things up a bit. Good luck, with your last few kgs.
  • Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I am proud of myself. I am enjoying exercising these days, probably because it is easier LOL and I am seeing good results. I also found I was growing bored with my own exercise routines, walking and using the treadmill. In fact I wasn't even losing weight at the same rate even with efforts like treadmill jogging for up to 30 min. The gentler, more stable but target focused routine that Curves offers has hit the spot for me. It's only a short time out of your day, 30 odd min, actually I always leave feeling like I want to do more. It targets not only cardio but also strength building and keeps you moving. Somebody (a past member) told me I would grow bored with the circuit after a while but I don't believe I will. It's all in the mind I think.....I don't see the exercise as a means to an end, it is part of my day, fun and something I look forward to. I go to bed excited about the next morning's visit to the gym.
    Good luck to you too and have fun. That's what life is for.
    Jen

Happy to have anyone add me as a friend by the way.
  • shirlsatrying
    shirlsatrying Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jen for your post and congrats on your loss. Yes I agree with you, have tried BT and lost 10 kg in about 8 weeks, soon lost the plot but I too still eat a higher protein diet. I have been to curves in the past and that has worked well and hoping to get back to that soon with the combination of good food and exercise I know it works. All the best to you in your journey. Shirley
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations Jen on such a wonderful loss! Your whole family must be proud of you that is just awesome!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'd be afraid I'd start sounding like those people who do the ads........*mute*!!