Daily Tip for Today (#402)

Options
I won't usually tell people to spend money because I'm thrifty myself, but once in a while, a little splurge might do the spirit some good.

The tip for today: Guys/gals, go paint your nails or think about getting yourself a new little outfit, workout attire, a new skirt, whatever or go take some time to read something you've been meaning to get to but haven't had the time yet.

The point is to go do something for yourself. Make the time to do it.

Do some little thing that no one else can do for you, but you! Treat yourself nice for a change.

Spend half a day on yourself, do your hair up nice or whatever would make you feel good about yourself. It may make a world of difference and like the commercial says, you really are worth it.

Just a passing thought - when you feel good, the whole world can see it, and the feeling becomes contagious.

~katie

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I am doing this tomorrow. I don't yet know what it'll be but it is going to happen tomorrow!
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I am doing this tomorrow. I don't yet know what it'll be but it is going to happen tomorrow!

Please let us know Bill what you end up doing.

Ironically, the inspiration for this thought was so simple - I painted my toe nails the color blue. That was it and after I was done, I felt so good about it. Not sure if that means I'm just pathetic or easily excited..

~katie
  • vaderandbill
    Options

Please let us know Bill what you end up doing.

Ironically, the inspiration for this thought was so simple - I painted my toe nails the color blue. That was it and after I was done, I felt so good about it. Not sure if that means I'm just pathetic or easily excited..

~katie

Well I probably can't live up to that kind of hype but I'm sure going to try!!! Although blue probably wouldn't look all that great on my toes. Perhaps something in a lilac or dusty rose?!?!
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    When I hit my 10 pounds lost mark, I'm going for a pedicure. Which tomorrow is my weigh in and if I can drop 2lbs since my last weigh in, then pedicure here I come!!

I want/need one so badly! Just leaves me to work a bit harder so I can get one. :)
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    @Jessica, My 6 year old son is a huge John Cena fan. I took him to Monday Night Raw in Boston in November
  • Jessica0982
    Options
    That's awesome! My 5 yr old saw WWE as we flipped through channels and life hasn't been the same since. LOL. I never thought the day would come when I would be watching and enjoying WWE. A friend of ours knows people and got us tickets to Extreme Rules in May over here in Tampa. It was awesome!! We all had so much fun! I'd definitely do it again if they come back around again.

I'm from Mass too but have lived in FL for the past 10 yrs. My family and everyone still lives over there. Actually I'm going home in Sept for a wedding. I haven't been home in 2 yrs so I'm REALLY looking forward to it. :)
  • jennilovesryan
    Options
    you know, i torture myself about this sort of thing because i hate to spend money on myself until i feel "worthy" of a purchase of clothes. it's kind of the whole "putting lipstick on a pig doesn't make it less of a pig" theory! i think you are right though, small goals deserve rewards!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Ok, so the soaking rain ruined my plans to walk in the woods today. So I hiked into the closet in my boys' room and gave it an overhaul. It was tops on my list but it was on there....and I'm sure it burned a bunch of calories so I'll log it as general house cleaning.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    That's awesome! My 5 yr old saw WWE as we flipped through channels and life hasn't been the same since. LOL. I never thought the day would come when I would be watching and enjoying WWE. A friend of ours knows people and got us tickets to Extreme Rules in May over here in Tampa. It was awesome!! We all had so much fun! I'd definitely do it again if they come back around again.

I'm from Mass too but have lived in FL for the past 10 yrs. My family and everyone still lives over there. Actually I'm going home in Sept for a wedding. I haven't been home in 2 yrs so I'm REALLY looking forward to it. :)

He is begging me to go to Wrestlemania. My father lives in Tamarac so we'd have a place to stay but I won't spend the $55 on the pay per view so I can't justify airfare and tickets!!
  • Jessica0982
    Options

He is begging me to go to Wrestlemania. My father lives in Tamarac so we'd have a place to stay but I won't spend the $55 on the pay per view so I can't justify airfare and tickets!!

My husband was begging me too! :) We have family that live in Tamarac also. But it's crazy expensive and I just think it's a bit too much to throw money towards. Even for the pay per view...I always fall asleep! It's always on too late for him and for me!
  • healermoon
    healermoon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Oooooo I do need new workout clothes...the ones I bought when I started this adventure are getting too big!

~Kendra
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    I did it today.

I spent the entire afternoon shopping for new jeans (you ladies understand) and I found 2 pair of great designer jeans for a crazy low price along with 3 tops and a cute pair of flats.

I swear there is nothing better then to put on a pair of jeans, have them glide up your legs, over your butt, button with ease and have no muffin top!!!!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things to do for myself is to go spend some time in the steam sauna at a spa ....... that sure would be nice right about now. :)
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I'm swimming at that gym.. I was going to get a pedicure, but a nice swim and then the hot tub sounds better.
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Going to treat myself to a long leisurley walk in the woods with my daughters today, taking my camera and leaving my watch behind :)
  • TrekCat
    TrekCat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    So....does buying running shoes - in the hope of becoming a runner - fit this? It was just for me! :)
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm splurging on a personal trainer. I'm huffing, puffing, sweating like a maniac, I look like hell afterward, and sometimes I know he's trying to kill me, but it's the absolute best thing I could ever have done for myself! I'll take that over a pedicure anyday (just don't look at my feet!)