Challenge of the day (COTD) 1/29/2012

Options
ready2beme
ready2beme Posts: 151 Member
Today the challenge is to: Drink your water!

Is water important? Well let’s see, other than making up 50%-60% of our bodies, regulating body temperature, helping our breathing, transporting nutrients, carrying away waste and helping our muscles function, water is pretty much useless. Oh, and you need water or, after three days without it, you’ll die.

So in other words, water is pretty darn essential. It can even be an extremely important (and often unappreciated) weight loss factor.

So let's drink up!

Replies

• ready2beme
    Options
    I'm on about cup #6 for the day of my water. I have a 32oz drink mug that I fill with water/flavored water, twice a day. I'm at the half way mark for cup #2 for the day. I really noticed yesterday that I wasn't drinking my water. My eyeballs were so dry because of the cold they felt like they were going to fall out! Sipping away all day!

Anyone else?
  • Te2005
    Te2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm on number 7. First time this week i'll get all 8 in.
  • ready2beme
    Options
    Woot! I admit I can't only drink water. So I use those sugar free drink mixes (crystal light, diet ocean spray, etc) in some of my water of the day to keep me from getting bored. I can actually get away with one packet for ever 32 oz I drink instead of just the 16 oz its meant for.
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Thanks...LOVE the name of this Group...I am on my 4th glass of water...and WILL complete my 8 and more if it is till early! THX

13985887.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ready2beme
    Options
    Thanks...LOVE the name of this Group...I am on my 4th glass of water...and WILL complete my 8 and more if it is till early! THX

13985887.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

I'm glad you like the name :) I realized if I don't change for me, then I'm no good to anyone else!
  • Anna_115
    Options
    LOVE that this is one of our first challenges. This week I have been making a big effort to drink lots and lots of water. We all know that water is great for our health and weight loss but recently I have been looking into research on the power of water to flush our bodies of toxins and promote great overall health. I have been working to double my water intake for a short while and can say today I drank 4 qts. So 16 glasses for me!
  • ready2beme
    Options
    LOVE that this is one of our first challenges. This week I have been making a big effort to drink lots and lots of water. We all know that water is great for our health and weight loss but recently I have been looking into research on the power of water to flush our bodies of toxins and promote great overall health. I have been working to double my water intake for a short while and can say today I drank 4 qts. So 16 glasses for me!

That's awesome! Way to go! Water really is so important :)

I made my 8 for the day, though I'll probably sip more before the night is over.
  • Te2005
    Options
    11 glasses and I am done! Treating myself to a cherry coke zero. Yummy!
  • ready2beme
    Options
    11 glasses and I am done! Treating myself to a cherry coke zero. Yummy!

You definitely earned it.

And OMG I didn't know they made Cherry Coke Zero? I think I'm in trouble now.
  • Te2005
    Options
    Oh yes they do and it's delish! It doesn' taste as "diety" as diet coke. It good enough to fool myself into thinking its the full calorie version, but no calories. Thanks coca cola, you've made my day!
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I'm sloshing...but got my 8 glasses in YAY!!!
    Congrats everyone who got your quota in!!

13985887.png
  • Te2005
    Options
    I'm sloshing...but got my 8 glasses in YAY!!!
    Congrats everyone who got your quota in.

Great job! That water can be hard to get in! I know it's playing havoc on my calorie intake.