Week 7

Options
cpegasus01
cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
I just started week 7 of my training program. It consists of a 25 min. run and two five minute walks - one before and one after. I truly surprised myself in that I did the WHOLE 25 min without stopping! I LOVE running. I was never a runner when I was younger. But as I have aged I have found that I truly do enjoy the challenge.

Is anyone else at this stage?

Replies

• Meggy247
    Meggy247 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 7 day 3, I looked ahead at Week 8 and it just adds an additional 3 minutes to make it 28 minutes of running non stop. Great progress, we can do this!!
  • Lesley2800
    Options
    I just finished Day 1 last night. I love this program!! I'm running my first 5K on Thanksgiving so just 9 more days to go!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I start week 7 today. I did 25 minutes yesterday (W6D3) so I know I can do it!

Before yesterday, I had never run that long without stopping. It feels great!
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    On week 7 day 2 ! and i like a champion! I canot believe that i am able to run for 25 minutes without stopping.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    bumping week 7 becuase a few of us are gonna need it!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 last night!!! Can't believe it, it felt good and not too hard. Even more impressed that I am not terribly sore this morning!!!!
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    am i ready to go this? W7D1 ~ 20mins run today....
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options
    I REALLY struggled with the 25mins run... I think it was more psychological thing, then I pulled something in my hamstring, well the tendons behind my knee were hurting madly.

Given it a week to rest and recover, then gonna re-do wk6.

I WILL do this!!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    What happened to the intervals?! It's basically just running at this point... non-stop. I guess that's sorta the point, right? :laugh:

I have W7D1 done and felt pretty good that I didn't even notice the time until there were about 5 minutes left in the run. So hopefully that means D2 will go well.
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Week 7, Day 1 kicked my *kitten*!! Maybe because I just did Week 6, Day 3 on Sunday.....I think I'll take 2 days off before I attempt another 25 min. run. I had thought maybe I'd try to do some speed intervals today :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :angry: Yeah.....I was lucky to just keep running!

Oh well....it's done & dusted.....onward!

Lori
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Did the second 25 minute run today. Still waiting to "love" running. I just like the stopping at the end. But, I am gratified to have accomplished it.
  • Primalgal
    Options
    W7D2 is done. I had to force myself out the door this morning! I kept going for the whole 25 minutes...which I had my doubts about at the start! I really wanted to sit in my recliner an drink coffee! What a sense of accomplishment when it's finished!

Happy Holidays everyone!
  • Primalgal
    Options
    Week 7 is done! YAY!! Movin' on to Week 8! Great workout today!
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I just finished W7D2 and feel great! I really struggled in Week 6 and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to make it to the next level. I repeated the 15 minute max run for 6 days before I moved on, and I felt like every time was a struggle. Then, I just decided to do the 20 minutes, and for some reason I was fine. I think the milder weather may be a factor.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    W7D2 complete! I am amazed with each run how my pace is improving. I actually had to add more distance - nearly half a mile - to my run today to get in the entire 5 minute cool down! I have a feeling my thighs are going to be screaming at me though. I dropped the ball the week before/surrounding Christmas and didn't do a run for a week, and then jumped right back in where I left off with W7D1. I was proud to have completed it, but yesterday my thighs were sore (my hammies, I think). After this morning, I am already sore... I had a hard time pulling myself out of the shower and hauling my butt to work!

It is so exciting to think that after one more day I will be only 2 weeks from completing the program!

ETA: I almost forgot! .... When I went running this morning, it was 32 degrees outside (total NSV for me!). After my run I noticed there were ice crystals all over the sleeves of my jacket... it took me a moment to realize it was my SWEAT that my jacket had wicked which then froze! :laugh:
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhere in Week 7, but I forget which day of it exactly. At this point, they kind of start blending together. Today was a great run, though, and I finally ran a mile of it in under ten minutes, which is a mark I've been looking for for a while. Woo!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    W7D3 complete! Today seemed much more difficult mentally and breathing-wise, but I made it through! On to week 8...
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I closed out Week 7 today. Actually, I've run more than three 25 minute runs, but since I often run on back-to-back days, I've been making myself stay on the same workout for a full calendar week anyhow. Keep running! Almost there!
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I had to re-do Week 7 because I couldn't complete the full 25 min. So, I did W7D1 on Sunday and was able to do the full 25! Then I did W7D2 on Tues and pushed myself to run 30 min!! I felt great! Granted, I was running REALLY slow, but I did the full 30! Here is where I made a mistake--I ran yesterday too instead of resting. My run sucked!! I barely did about 20 min and I had to walk because everything was hurting. Today is my normal run day so I'm hoping to feel better so that I can finish out week 7 and go to week 8. I have my first 5k scheduled for 2/5 and I'm really worried about a few things. 1. that I won't be able to run the entire way (that's my goal--no walking), and 2. that it's going to take me forever to finish. I know it shouldn't matter, but I'd REALLY like to complete the entire thing in about 30ish minutes....
  • AnnaE
    AnnaE Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Week 7 day 1 done today. 25 minutes is longer than i think I have run since High School...
    Averaged 9.5 km/hr. so with warm up and cool down walking, total distance covered was 5km.
    Yay me!
    I have decided to enter a local 5km fun run in April to keep me motivated...