Jean size?

Options

Replies

• WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'm about 165ish..and a size 12..some still 14's depending on the designs.
  • bubblegoose21
    Options
    5'6, 209 lbs and a size 13 in levi's
  • hazedot
    hazedot Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm 207lbs and wear around 14-16 UK jeans, depending on the style etc. I'm 5ft 6 :)
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanity_sizing

I saw an interesting bit on Dr. Oz one day (I don't normally watch him, but I was channel surfing and stopped when I saw he was talking about obesity). He was talking about vanity sizing, and how each company's sizing is different: many more expensive ones use lower numbers on larger clothing to make you feel good, therefore you'll spend more. He showed the same size (I think it was 12) from 4 or 5 different manufacturers. It was crazy to see the contrast between the smallest and the biggest, and they were all called size 12. I think this may be more of a US phenomenon, because I was wearing very large clothing when I was 195 lbs and it was mostly XL shirts and size 15 and 16 pants (depending on the brand...some brands in Canada use odd numbers, some use even).

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/whats-your-real-clothing-size-pt-1
  • chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    5'6 192lbs Size 13/14 in Maurice's Jeans Brands. Just dropped from a 15/16 . Also dropped from an XL yoga pant to a L.

Just updating :) Lost another 5 lbs so I'm at 187lbs now, however, I have lost inches since my last post and now I am ALMOST in an 11/12 :) The waist fits but I need to lose a minimum of 1/2 inch off my thighs to pull them up all the way comfortably. I am sure I will be able to do it soon! Almost there!!!
  • chrislin2011
    chrislin2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    5'6 192lbs Size 13/14 in Maurice's Jeans Brands. Just dropped from a 15/16 . Also dropped from an XL yoga pant to a L.

Just updating :) Lost another 5 lbs so I'm at 187lbs now, however, I have lost inches since my last post and now I am ALMOST in an 11/12 :) The waist fits but I need to lose a minimum of 1/2 inch off my thighs to pull them up all the way comfortably. I am sure I will be able to do it soon! Almost there!!!

YAY for you! You are making amazing progress!
  • Adshill
    Adshill Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Congrats!! :smile:
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    I went to Old Navy yesterday. Last time I bought pants there, I bought size 16. I got them home, put them on, and found I couldn't wear them. I blamed the pants: they were cords, and they had no give; I really had to suck in my gut to do them up. Stupid pants. I shoved them in the back of my closet and vowed I'd wear them one day.
    Yesterday, I bought size 10. I got them home, put them on, and found I will need to buy a belt. :laugh:
  • chrislin2011
    Options
    I went to Old Navy yesterday. Last time I bought pants there, I bought size 16. I got them home, put them on, and found I couldn't wear them. I blamed the pants: they were cords, and they had no give; I really had to suck in my gut to do them up. Stupid pants. I shoved them in the back of my closet and vowed I'd wear them one day.
    Yesterday, I bought size 10. I got them home, put them on, and found I will need to buy a belt. :laugh:

Fantastic!!! Keep it up:)
  • chrislin2011
    Options
    I am 5'6" and roughly 203 lbs. I ONLY wear one brand of jeans, I like the fit and price:) I'm a 16 ALMOST to a 14 in Levi's mid-rise bootcut jeans. I realized I had gained weight when I bought brand new jeans and couldn't put them on when I got home. I have brand new size 14's just waitiing in the closet along with some 12's I wore for a few months almost 3 years ago.... I can't wait to slip into them!

Updating... I am now at 197.2 and my 16's are litterally falling off of me. The 14's are snug but I CAN wear them, they are more comfortable than the 16's with my butt hanging out and crotch at my knees. lol! Even though there hasn't been alot of poundage lost I guess my body IS changing.
  • Tany27
    Tany27 Posts: 21
    Options
    5'6 wearing uk size 12 .....wanna b comefy size 10......
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Size ten lol....jeggings are snug, other pair quite loose....used to be size 3/4.... D':
  • KCrandi
    KCrandi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    In American Eagle, Size 12. In Silver Jeans, size 32. Yayyy. Was pushing a size 16 when I started.
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    I am 5'6" and roughly 203 lbs. I ONLY wear one brand of jeans, I like the fit and price:) I'm a 16 ALMOST to a 14 in Levi's mid-rise bootcut jeans. I realized I had gained weight when I bought brand new jeans and couldn't put them on when I got home. I have brand new size 14's just waitiing in the closet along with some 12's I wore for a few months almost 3 years ago.... I can't wait to slip into them!

Updating... I am now at 197.2 and my 16's are litterally falling off of me. The 14's are snug but I CAN wear them, they are more comfortable than the 16's with my butt hanging out and crotch at my knees. lol! Even though there hasn't been alot of poundage lost I guess my body IS changing.

Awesome!! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • xXHeatherRaeXx
    xXHeatherRaeXx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm in a snug 12 in Levis right now. Finally decided a couple weeks ago to get serious about my diet and am down 5 pounds @ 175. I've NEVER been lower than a 12 and that was after high school (I've been as high as a size 22/24), so I'm excited for these 12s to get roomy. LOL
  • doing_it4me
    Options
    I am 5'5.5 not 5'6" ...but i am 175 and a 13/14 Short at maurices.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options

See, every body is different. I am currently 169 and I am in a 13/14 as well. 13 pounds less than you. :)
  • chrislin2011
    Options

Another update... I am down to 184ish and slipped into my 12's tonight! So very excited:)
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    About a month ago, I bought some Levis for the first time since, oh, probably high school! They are size 29! I think they've changed the sizing since my high school days (vanity sizing!) because I still have a 33" waist but the jeans fit... Back in high school, I had a 29" waist and wore 29s. Oh well, I'll take it!:laugh:
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    5'6, size 10...except my jeans that I always wear are tight right after I wash them....BUT after a week they get baggy...I mean really baggy, and progressively worse until I wash them again :laugh: I was originally aiming for a size 3, but idk if that will happen since I plan on having a fair amount of muscle :D

Oops already posted here....ah well.