Leap Year Challenge- 29 days to healthier!

Options
ready2beme
ready2beme Posts: 151 Member
It's challenge time! Tomorrow is February 1st and this year is a Leap Year (Happy Birthday to Leap year babies!) So this challenge is exactly 29 days long. It's said that it takes 28 days to create a new habit. We're going to work on creating a few! This challenge is point based. The points are as follows:

+1 Point for each of the following (per day)
- Drink 64 oz of water
- Complete Food Diary
- 2 Fruits/ 2 Vegetables
- PER 10 minutes of Exercise up to 120 minutes (ex. 30 minutes= 3 pts for the day)

Weekly Weigh In:
We weigh in on Sundays.
For every amount of weight lost between .1 lb and 1 lb its +1 point
For every amount of weight lost between 1.1 lbs and 2 lbs its +2 points
For every amount of weight lost of 2.1 lbs and up its +3 points

Maintainers may add a point on weigh days as they maintain their weight.

(For any members who are trying to GAIN weight just substitute the word lost to gained and count the points :) )

The goal is to be the person with the most points by February 29!

To join the challenge just post here with your most recent weigh-in as your starting weight!

Replies

• ready2beme
    Options
    Starting Weight: 222.3
  • Tnrbeaner
    Options
    This sounds fantastic! It's my first time joining a group.. I'll weigh in first thing tomorrow.
  • Te2005
    Te2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm in. starting weight : 180
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Will there be separate threads for us to log-in our points daily or by the week?

Also, the CoTD, is that going to have a separate points value?
  • ready2beme
    Options
    Sherri- The CoTD is just extra fun. I hadn't really thought about assigning it a point value. What does everyone think?

I think a daily tally would be the way to go that way we can each keep a running tab of how we are doing.
  • amber10101
    amber10101 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Setting up a google doc might be good. That way folks don't have to wade through pages and pages of posts to tally up their own points.
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Sarah...GRREAT way to get my WATER goal in, as well as the other challenges!!!...(haven't been soo good in past days with water)...NOW I will earn POINTS! Love earning rewards!! Let the games begin...tomorrow that is :laugh:

13985887.png
  • ready2beme
    Options
    Setting up a google doc might be good. That way folks don't have to wade through pages and pages of posts to tally up their own points.

I can do that :) As long as everyone posts their daily totals I'll keep them running.
  • ready2beme
    Options
    If you haven't already please post in our Stats and Info Sticky Thread :)
  • ready2beme
    Options
    Here's the doc including those who have showed interest. I'll edit it as needed if more people join :) I'll also try to make it prettier LOL

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iEXOMNIDdiEbKAdYlmWTHUV8VFbcp4gkHvHnrvppa6k/edit
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    im in. starting weight 266.2
  • Te2005
    Options
    Sherri- The CoTD is just extra fun. I hadn't really thought about assigning it a point value. What does everyone think?

I think a daily tally would be the way to go that way we can each keep a running tab of how we are doing.

IMHO I don't think it's necessary to assign points to the COTD. They are a great habit forming activity and just fun to try to accomplish. I'm all for daily check in with points, however I am unable to use the doc due to the fact that i'm using my phone to be on here and I have no copy/paste. I'll post each day and keep my running tally per week so that my flinstone phone doesn't creat extra work for anyone. I'm excited and ready for this! Lets go ladies!
  • ready2beme
    Options

IMHO I don't think it's necessary to assign points to the COTD. They are a great habit forming activity and just fun to try to accomplish. I'm all for daily check in with points, however I am unable to use the doc due to the fact that i'm using my phone to be on here and I have no copy/paste. I'll post each day and keep my running tally per week so that my flinstone phone doesn't creat extra work for anyone. I'm excited and ready for this! Lets go ladies!

As long as you post your totals here I'll add them up :) The google doc is just so I can keep them all in one place for everyone to see.
  • ready2beme
    Options
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P_bFP7uWanuFRS5PIn6VFsOIpSuOCesUZGWgt4h1bnU/edit

Made another one for weigh-ins so we can keep track. I want to try to be down to 215 by then.
  • Te2005
    Options
    Are we supposed to post our daily score count, or just by the week?
  • ready2beme
    Options
    That's completely up to ya'll. I'm fine with either.
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah...don't know where I should post my points so I will post it here:

+1 Point for each of the following (per day)
    - Drink 64 oz of water 1
    - Complete Food Diary 1
    - 2 Fruits/ 2 Vegetables 1
    - PER 10 minutes of Exercise up to 120 minutes (ex. 30 minutes= 3 pts for the day) = 6 for 60 minutes of exercise.

Total Points Feb 1 - 9 points

13985887.png
  • Te2005
    Options
    Point total for feb 1: 14
  • amber10101
    amber10101 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    In the google doc, I've got view only and can't add my points.

For the 1st, I was at 5 points.
  • Tnrbeaner
    Options
    Total points for 2/1 = 14