February Challenge

Options
L2M1D52
L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
Hey everyone!

February’s challenge will include finding a person within the group that shares a current similar goal they are working towards. The goal can be anything from fitness to health related. Examples can be to stop smoking, eat less sugar, to work out 5 days a week, burn a certain amount of calories, lose inches, etc. Post what your goal is here and once you find a person with the same goal friend request one another and support each other during the month of February.

Please come back to this thread and let everyone know how you are doing. As you do, another member could have conquered those goals and provide helpful tips, etc.

****Please remember, (even if you struggle with the actual goal) to log into MFP frequently to talk to one another. It will be difficult for the person to receive support if you are not there. We all know that having that support is what can really assist in reaching our goals. Even though we have this group, having one person there will bring it closer to home. Good luck!

Replies

• gutbuddy
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I joined this group mid January. I was late in starting the January goals...so I am SUPER excited to start February's! I am 5'2 and weigh about 125. My struggle is portion control, empty calories on the weekends used up from Bacardi ;-) and not feeling motivated to exercise. Last week was my first week back to exercise in about 8 months! I carry my extra weight around my belly and have never had a flat stomach ever!

My goal this month (since I have to narrow it to one) is to work out at least 4 X's a week. I would love to find a buddy that we could challenge each other and maybe even add a weekly goal of adding more time to our work outs each week.

I am on MFP daily so staying in contact would not be a problem for me.
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi, I joined mfp Jan 3 and have lost about 11 lbs. I'm 5'2.5 and currently 177 goal weight of 125. So I've got a long ways to go!! My Feb goals are to loose ten lbs. By the end of Feb. Stay on my low carb plan and drink more water. Hopefully I can find a 'twin'.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    Hello all -
    I'm 58, started out over 150 lbs at 5'1" (early in the morning, standing up really, really straight) -- hoping to make it to 115.

For February, I'd love to have a buddy to start more interval workouts for cardio -- nothing insanely intense, but making 3-4 of the 6 cardio workouts per week use intervals, and the others be longer and more "cruise-like". I am getting pretty good at keeping up my weight and other exercise workouts, but need to move cardio up a notch.

I usually use the stationary bike at this point, but also love to walk/run, hike, or snowshoe (not quite enough snow yet, though). It doesn't matter what the exercise is, as long as we try out the interval idea.

Let me know!

liselyn
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I joined Vertical Challengers in Dec. Not doing too good on this months challenge so I'm looking to improve for next month. I currently weigh 172 with a goal weight of 140.

In Feb I'm looking to start Brazil Butt Lift. If anyone else is starting this or another Beachbody program, we can work together. I also have completed the Turbo Jam series and use that as my cardio and strength training.
  • krostron
    krostron Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm brand new to the group...I joined today! I'm 28 cw is 162 and 5'1.5 With a goal weight of 110. For I have many challenges for myself but would really like to lose 10lbs by end of Feb. anyone have same goals or would like to add me to friends feel free! Good luck to all!
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm brand new to the group...I joined today! I'm 28 cw is 162 and 5'1.5 With a goal weight of 110. For I have many challenges for myself but would really like to lose 10lbs by end of Feb. anyone have same goals or would like to add me to friends feel free! Good luck to all!

I think we are pretty similar. :-)
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    I am struggling with making clear goals at the moment. I have been horribly inconsistent lately and personal family issues have shot my confidence to pieces. Therefore, (and I know I this is incredibly wanky and not a substantial weightloss goal) my goal is to verbalise - and write down - one thing every day (be it a decision made or an action) that I have done that has made me proud of myself.
  • sjerrott
    sjerrott Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have two goals (I hope that's okay) for February:

1. I would like to go an entire 7 days in which I don't eat over my calorie limit, just because I've never achieved that goal!

2. I would like to be down a total of 15 pounds by the end of Feb (which is another 5 pounds)
  • terrimeeka
    Options
    Hi, I'm Off to work BUT wanted to say I 'm right there for you. I've just started this 4 days ago. I already LOVE it! I'm SOOO
    glad to know there are shorties who understand my weight yo-yo too. I'm 53yr. from Ga. My name is Terrimeeka. A combination of me and my cat. Ok. Maybe, that was corny But I love animals!!
    Talk some more later. P.S. I have a stationary bike clothes rack. HEHE Guess I need to clear off the junk.
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi Jugar/Liselyn: :smile: I have a similar profile: 53 years old, 5’1” and holding (I hope). I started at close to 160 and hope to get to 125, but now that the pounds are coming off 115 looks doable. (Haven’t been there since I was 16 and working as a lifeguard!).

I do strength training (just say no to osteoporosis :angry: ) and use the treadmill at the Rec Center 3-4 days a week. I do interval training on the treadmill a couple of times a week: Walk 5 minutes (3.5 mph), run one (6.5 mph), walk two, run one, walk two … until I get to 20 minutes. Then I walk out the last 10 minutes at 3.5. (The treadmill runs in MPH, no option for KPH)

Now, getting 6 days a week of cardio would be a good goal for me. Adding the interval training is going to be a challenge. But it’s “my fitness plan” right?

How about getting together and encouraging each other here? I’d be happy to log on each day and post my exercise – with a focus on interval training.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

PS: I’m Canadian too, from way-out-west in BC.
    :smile:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Mazaron! It sounds like we could help each other out. We need to be ready for those adventures! I sent you a message, and we'll report back here once the challenge gets up and running.

liselyn
  • spark_plug13
    Options
    So I guess its my turn? :)
    I just started today & really really really wanna work on my weight >_<
    I'm 19, about 5' 2", and weigh 194 lbs... I guess I hope someone with the same goal as me: to just keep below my calorie limit & keep knocking off those pounds :) Good luck errbody :P
  • DaiaX
    DaiaX Posts: 2
    Options
    I joined MFP about a week ago and have been using the app on my phone daily. I am 47, 5'2" and 1/2, 192 lbs. I just joined Planet Fitness this past Wednesday. I also have started a modified Slim Fast diet. My biggest challenges are days I don't work and when I have my grandkids. Would like to lose inches more so than lbs. I also tend to be overwhelmed over what exercises to do, how much, etc and end up not doing any when at home on days I can't make it to the gym.
  • scolonAK
    scolonAK Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm 55 years old, I'm 5'2" and weigh 202 pounds. My goal is to lose 1 pound a week and gradually work up to the amount of exercises that I do per week. Right now, I'm swimming 25 minutes 5 times a week and walking 30 minutes 3 times a week and ab exercises 3 times a week. I love, love, love to swim, so I really enjoying going to the pool. I also like walking outside, but, I live in Alaska and it is really icy right now... we have gone walking, but, it was really slow, due to the ice and snow. Oh, and I have an African Grey Parrot!

Great Challenge!
  • sunnmuun
    sunnmuun Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I joined this group mid January. I was late in starting the January goals...so I am SUPER excited to start February's! I am 5'2 and weigh about 125. My struggle is portion control, empty calories on the weekends used up from Bacardi ;-) and not feeling motivated to exercise. Last week was my first week back to exercise in about 8 months! I carry my extra weight around my belly and have never had a flat stomach ever!

My goal this month (since I have to narrow it to one) is to work out at least 4 X's a week. I would love to find a buddy that we could challenge each other and maybe even add a weekly goal of adding more time to our work outs each week.

I am on MFP daily so staying in contact would not be a problem for me.

Hi!

Heidi here. 51 and 5'1" on a tall day...looking to lose the 13 I gained after losing it last year, but I want to keep it off this time. I stopped exercising regularly after completing C25K and running an 8k a year ago November. I would love to be your buddy, with a goal of 4 lunchtime workouts a week and maybe supplementing at night (I work 2 jobs so it's a little difficult).

Good luck everyone!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been with this group from the beginning. I'm actually in maintenance mode, so if anyone else is we can work together.

I'm 4'11" and 110 lbs. Doing a lot of cardio and weights to tone up and get some abs to show off! I exercise at least 6 days a week.
  • simples88
    Options
    Hi everyone. Im quite new to MFP and would love to find someone likeminded to help motivate and keep me on track!

Im 5ft and 3/4 inch...every litle bit helps:smile: and am 34 years old, and weigh 138lbs. My primary goal if to get a few pounds off in Feb but I know the best way for me is the exercise way, so I am looking to do a minimum of 4 hours a week exercising to get there.

Good Luck everyone
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow MFPers. I'm 5'1'' and at my goal weight, didn't think maintenance would be this tough.

I'm training for a 10k and am in week 3 of a novice 10k training program by Hal Higdon. Anyone else training for a run??
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow MFPers. I'm 5'1'' and at my goal weight, didn't think maintenance would be this tough.

I'm training for a 10k and am in week 3 of a novice 10k training program by Hal Higdon. Anyone else training for a run??

I just sent you a friend request...I'm in semi training mode...looking to do a 5k and 10k this year..haven't signed up yet but will do in February. Not really following a program...just winging it..lol
  • empressM
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I'm 5'1" and 114 lbs. I am currently working on losing the last five pounds. I was hoping to be at 110 by my son's 2nd birthday (on the 12th), but it doesn't seem like I'll get there.

Right now I'm just doing cardio (no weight training) everyday, but will add to my workout regimen once I've got these last few pounds off. I want to get back into my pre-baby jeans by the end of February. I'll be working on body shaping and strength training next.

Best of luck all!