do you have a type?

Options
i've been reading through several threads and now I've become curious.....

do you have a type? if so, what are the qualities (physical, emotional, mental, etc) that make your "perfect" type?

Ready......GO!

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Oh oh oh!!

I think I do.. but I'm trying to open up to new types.

Physical:
    I am attracted to white men.. alot. I have dated other races but white men make me swoon. I'm latina btw.
    Tall because I'm 5'9.. they shall be at least 6ft but some of the guys I've seen are around 5'10-5'11.
    Preferably around my age... 30-37ish?
    Body type is usually athletic. I don't like him to be too bulky but I've noticed I'm attracted to guys who seem active.
    Nice smile and eyes.

Personality:
    Sense of humor!!! A must!
    Polite
    Social
    Down to earth
    Can have a conversation with me
    Confident
    Manly
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I am attracted to black men more but have dated other races (was married to black man for 10yrs and have a bi-racial child)
    Body type - bigger guy 250+ and taller than 5'9"
    Age- 35-45 haved dated as young as 32 but not any lower
    Nice eyes and fade cut or bald

Personality:
    Must of good old fashion values
    Social
    Good Sense of Humor- able to laugh at himself is a plus
    Confident but not cocky
    Polite
    Must like to go out - not a home body- plenty of free things to do
    Must be able to communicate openly
    Go with the flow type of person
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    LOL its funny I just asked myself this question the other day. I sat back and thought about all the guys I ever "dated" or crushed on and noted that they all had 4 things in common.
    1 They were all taller than me
    2 They were all sarcastic as hell
    3 They were all cocky and or very confident.....
    4. They all had tattos and or piercings

So appenrently thats my type. I think its because I'm very sarcastic and tall for a girl . The cocky/confident thing just makes it easier for me to be me. I find that when I hang out with shy guys it kinda inhibits me a little and I get very uncomfortable. And I have a serious thing for tattoos :devil: :drinker:
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Oh oh oh!!

I think I do.. but I'm trying to open up to new types.

Physical:
    I am attracted to white men.. alot. I have dated other races but white men make me swoon. I'm latina btw.
    Tall because I'm 5'9.. they shall be at least 6ft but some of the guys I've seen are around 5'10-5'11.
    Preferably around my age... 30-37ish?
    Body type is usually athletic. I don't like him to be too bulky but I've noticed I'm attracted to guys who seem active.
    Nice smile and eyes.

Personality:
    Sense of humor!!! A must!
    Polite
    Social
    Down to earth
    Can have a conversation with me
    Confident
    Manly

I'm latino too. I've dated mostly white myself. Not to say I havent dated other races. I've also noticed most of the women tend to be a foot shorter then me. I've dated very few that were over 5'5". I'm 6'3".

A conversation is huge for me. I've had experiences where the lady wants me to hold the whole conversation. And then she got upset when I got quiet. lol. Never could win that argument. lol

It's awesome you know exactly what you want.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    not an *kitten* is the big one for me lol
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options

good call! what defines this for you?
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Smart and funny! Looks can vary for me. I don't have one look I go for.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Oh now you're getting fussy! lol
  • sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I so have a type. I dig "nerdy" guys. I'm a nerdy girl myself, so a smart boy or a computer/comic book kind of guy just rocks my socks. Unfortunately for me nerdy boys like hotties with bodies, not xbox loving book nerds who are working on their fitness.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I like good looking, fit women. I like women who are pleasant to be around and don't cause problems/drama. Someone who is straight forward, has emotional maturity and can communicate. Most of the women I tend to date have college degrees, but the Bachelor's degree is so watered down as compared to 30-40 years ago that it has little meaning in terms of proving intelligence and/or sophistication.
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I don’t really have a type as far as looks go (Although I do like a nice smile :smile: ). However, having ambitions in life is a must. I'm currently working on my Masters Degree and I'm constantly trying to better myself in my career. Therefore, I would have a hard time dating someone who didn’t have goals for the future.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    my type? people who never like me back! haha
    but seriously i don't, looks wise. My four huge crushes of my life have all looked different. But they're all funny! Like really funny!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

good call! what defines this for you?

guys that are really cocky, think they are better than everyone else.
  • Jessicaga82
    Jessicaga82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't think I really have a type but the last few guys have all been Puerto Rican. I didn't specifically go after that it just kind of turned out that way!
  • Jessicaga82
    Jessicaga82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

That's a good one lol.
  • BlondeLisa1
    BlondeLisa1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Someone with perspective, meaning they are aware of the goings on of the world and history.

Someone who puts people before money and things below both people and money.

Someone thoughtful of others. I'm empathetic and caring and I don't want someone who is selfish or self absorbed.

Someone with faith in a higher power.

Someone who likes to learn and improve themselves, not just sit and become stagnant.

Someone who can fight fair, discuss opinions and ideas without turning it into an argument and will stick up for what they believe in.

I'm also partial to jeans and boots, carnivores and men who are taller/stronger than myself.
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Physically, I like to look at pretty boys with chiseled features and a little Metro. But I tend to be drawn to and more attracted to a stockier, rougher around the edges guy...a little more blue collar looking then preppy. My type is caucasian, brownish hair and light eyes specifically. But I've been attracted to different races and looks.

Sense of humor
    Charisma
    Communicator
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I don't ask for much.

Intelligent
    masculine
    nice smile
    great personality
    very respectful
    Knows how to communicate (that's important)
    Give in to my super overly niceness
    I don't really have specific physical criteria and I prefer any race, doesn't matter at all to me.

Ok so now where is he? :):):)
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    Give in to my super overly niceness

Ok so now where is he? :):):)

he's probably being mistreated by the "wrong" kind of girl at the moment. he'll wise up soon. :wink:
    regarding your super overly niceness, what do you mean by "give in"?
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    I don’t really have a type as far as looks go (Although I do like a nice smile :smile: ). However, having ambitions in life is a must. I'm currently working on my Masters Degree and I'm constantly trying to better myself in my career. Therefore, I would have a hard time dating someone who didn’t have goals for the future.

goals are very important to me too. im excited to work hard for a stronger well being but would feel slightly taken for granted if my SO was sitting at home with an unparallel desire for herself.

what's your master's degree?