Rock 'n Roll marathon runners?

Options
2»

Replies

• KiraLech
    Options
    Chicago was really amazing. I did it in 2010 and was really impressed. I would highly recommend it, but be aware... when the course wraps back going north around mile 11, it goes onto the lakefront path, and it can get very crowded. It's an absolutely beautiful course, but I did have to run some of it off to the side in the grass. Even with that - DO CHICAGO! Good luck.
  • DKing33
    DKing33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I will be doing my first half in Chicago!!!!
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I did the RNR in San Antonio this past Nov and it was a great course and well organized. I will be doing it again this year.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first half marathon in Nashville, in April!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I will be doing the RNR Philly in september. It is my first race and I am really excited. My husband will mostlikely be doing it with me.
    Several miles of the course are along the river and absolutly beautiful. There is several miles of pathway you can train on. I plan on doing some of my conditioning down there.
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Cowgirlslikeu I will probably be in Philly also. My friend did it last year and loved the course. I am about an hour from the city and I agree it is gorgeous there along the river. Can not wait for it!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'll be in Philly as well! Glad to hear the course is good!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    Options
    Cowgirlslikeu I will probably be in Philly also. My friend did it last year and loved the course. I am about an hour from the city and I agree it is gorgeous there along the river. Can not wait for it!

Thats awesome!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    Options
    I like scenic runs, though the first half is city streets, the second half is park/river scenery.