What is your current goal? What are any obstacles to reachin

Options
2»

Replies

• rr10speed
    Options
    My goal is to lose weight, feel healthier & to stop my feet from aching!

I would love to lose 100 lbs

I am definately my BIGGEST obstacle

I'm not sure just yet how to overcome them, I'm eating much healthier. Basically stopped eating junk. & I joined the gym
    which i try to go 4 evenings a week. I also do a beginners zumba one night a week. I've lost 7 pounds so far and I only weigh myself once a week. I know I'm one that needs to be pushed and need support to keep going.
  • Hoswife
    Options
    This Topic has three questions but you can't see them all.
    1. What is your current goal? 135/140 lbs.
    2. What are any obstacles to reaching that goal? Mindset. Time. Tools.
    3. What can you do to overcome them? I joined MFP ;) Time, I have to put me first and learn that, that is ok to do. Tools = eating correctly, having the right foods in the house, etc.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    1. What is your current goal? To get to "onderland" what a cute word of hope...lol
    2. What are any obstacles to reaching that goal? Temptations from my spouse, he can be just as supportive, but, then wants to celebrate with food :(
    3. What can you do to overcome them?
    prepare, plan, exercise and shop, using the tools online and by reading magazines , books,for motivation. TAKE PIC and Measurements, which i have yet to do.
  • bfl2010
    bfl2010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    GOAL - go down to a healthy BMI, watching what I eat, exercising more..
    Just got my new Zumba DVD set and can't wait to try it. I've done it at the gym a couple of times and I really enjoyed it. Its more fun and it didn't feel like exercise at all.
    Obstacles - I like to eat out and eat ethic food that it's hard to figure out calories etc.. I also need to be consistent with logging my food and exercise.
  • Mommyofseven
    Options
    1. What is your current goal?
    2. What are any obstacles to reaching that goal?

1. 145
    2. My injuries from a fall three years ago left me with a permanent back injury that seriously limits my activity capacity.
    3. I am blessed with a husband that will walk, bike or whatever with me for as long as I can tolerate it. I slow him down considerably, but he acts like I am doing great anyway!
  • ajr050969
    ajr050969 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1. What is your current goal? I started at 175 lbs in Sept of 2011, I am down to 148. Initially my goal was 145 lbs but I think I want to shoot for 135 lbs. that will put me in the middle of my healthy weight range.

2. What are any obstacles to reaching that goal? Donuts, cakes, and other snack foods that people bring into my office! Time to exercise can also be a problem.

3. What can you do to overcome them? I try to keep a bunch of food at work that is healty, that I like so that I don't grab a piece of cake, or a donut because its the only option available to me. When the weather is nice I also go for a walk at lunch time. It's good to take the time to myself as well as getting the benefit burning calories.
  • cgailb
    cgailb Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi...i wish to lose and be healthier..im on a roller coaster..up n dwn wght n dieting...just cant stay motivated..i am for now..working out n cutting back..its been almost a week..ive lost 5 lbs already....:smile:

Congratulations! 5 pounds down! That's fantastic!!
  • twilight48
    Options
    my goal is to lose 100lbs for now..I will maybe need to lose a few more when i get there but for now i'm going for 100.I suffer from arthiritis and find it hard to do most exercises.I am going to find ways to burn calories and try and concentrate on reaching small goals ,like starting with 20lbs! I will lose 20lbs five times!
  • 1ArmyMom1
    Options
    Hi there,
    My name is Tina. I am a 42 yr old mother of 3, grandmother to 1 beautiful baby girl.
    I have lost 43 lbs so far and my goal is to lose 12 - 17 more.
    My biggest obstacle is my husband's awesome cooking as well as my high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
    I overcome my husband's cooking by offsetting with exercise... my health issues have been improving as I have been losing weight.
    I think 40's are fabulous!! We can do anything we set our minds to
  • Tmrice721
    Tmrice721 Posts: 86 Member
    Options

You may not have an answer to each one. Ask for input if you need it!

Hi I'm restarting MFP again, I had to step away for a while to help care for my mother. Thankfully she is doing very well, so now it's time for me to regroup and focus on my health. I lost 65 lbs before and gained back 15 lbs... so before it gets out of hand I better get a jump on it.

1. My current goal is to loose 25 lbs before my birthday in July and to get back on track by being consistant with exercise, portion control and increasing my water intake.
    2. I am my obstacle in reaching the goals. I have a very very supportive husband, my kids are in my corner, my mom is my biggest cheerleader and even my grandson is willing get down on the floor and workout with me... :embarassed:
    3. I can over the obstacle of me by setting mini goals, I usually try to start where I left off but not this time, I'm going to start a the beginning and work my way back to where I was and surpass that level and keep it moving. I have to keep motivated and not let a gain distract me. I know I can do this!!!

I think this group will help to keep me motivated and encouraged. I look forward to getting to know you all. Good luck with your journey.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options

My current goal is to loose weight and change my lifestyle habits. My children for one and mostly for myself.
    My CW is 182.2 and my GW is 120 so I have a long way to go.
    My obstacles are this: I am an EMT and work 24-96 hour shifts. When I am home I am way tired and usually just go to bed, when I am at work I cannot work up a sweat because I need to be able to go on 911 calls. I am in my uniform with a work boot, so hard to do any king of cardio. I am not loosing weight and feel like I am starving.
    I can hopefully overcome them with support, encouragement, snack ideas, meal ideas.
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    My current goals are to lose 15 more pound and to get into a healthy BMI. I think once I reach 155 I will want to challenge myself further. I started at 200 and am .2 away from 169.

Obstacles are when I get myself in one of those over the top eating situations where I did not plan well and/or reach for the wrong food item because I am ravishly hungry. Family gatherings and holiday meals can also be a challenge.

What I do.... I try hard to plan my meals and make sure there are healthy options available in the fridge. I use almonds when I am in between meals and start to get hungry. It's amazing how (5) almonds can curb my cravings. I have them in my desk and in my vehicles. Oh and I drink tons of water (helps my skin feel soft too, my elbows use to be dry).
    If I do have a bad day, I just have to log it, maybe workout a bit more and keep on going.

Wishing everyone a successful adventure.
  • NonnyK
    NonnyK Posts: 35 Member
    Options

My current goal is to lose 55 lbs.
    The obstacles to reaching my goals is myself. I have no will power!!!
    I intend to overcome them by keeping a support group around me.
  • char102005
    Options
    I have started the "Eat to Live" diet with my daughter who suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis. Going vegan for 6 weeks, the plant based foods help decrease inflammation. We are doing great I've lost 11 pounds in 3 weeks, she has lost 5 pounds in 1 week! My goal is to lose a total of 46 pounds! After the first 6 weeks we go to the 90% rule, 90% of our diet is plant based foods. The hardest thing to not do is going out to eat, hard to do on thes diet!:cry:
    Keep it up, you can do it! We can do it, I know she will feel better if she can get some weight off her joints!
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have started the "Eat to Live" diet with my daughter who suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis. Going vegan for 6 weeks, the plant based foods help decrease inflammation. We are doing great I've lost 11 pounds in 3 weeks, she has lost 5 pounds in 1 week! My goal is to lose a total of 46 pounds! After the first 6 weeks we go to the 90% rule, 90% of our diet is plant based foods. The hardest thing to not do is going out to eat, hard to do on thes diet!:cry:
    Keep it up, you can do it! We can do it, I know she will feel better if she can get some weight off her joints!

have you looked at eating raw websites they have wonderful recipes you can incorporate, I try to eat clean as possible, and i feel so much better.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    My goal is to reach 150 or so. I managed to reach that 5 years ago, but have put some weight back on (currently at 176). I'd like to keep it off this time. Right now, my biggest obstacle is realizing that I'm, well, 5 years older than I was the last time I tried this. I've gotten somewhat creakier, and it's taking a bit longer to get the fitness routine fully established :huh: I need to keep reminding my self to take things slowly.

13438744.png
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options

1. 145
    2. My injuries from a fall three years ago left me with a permanent back injury that seriously limits my activity capacity.
    3. I am blessed with a husband that will walk, bike or whatever with me for as long as I can tolerate it. I slow him down considerably, but he acts like I am doing great anyway!
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    My goal right now is to lose 10lbs by St. Patrick's Day, I can only handle 10lbs at a time,lol. My obstacles are Fibromyalgia,and a bad heart,thus alot of meds. and alot of pain, so I can't do alot of exercising. I do like walking, so that helps me overcome everything else.I have a total og 50lbs. to go and hope to have that off by Jan.2013!!
  • Mommyofseven
    Options
    OMG. Today's obstacle? Bagels the size of someone's head and freshly made donuts! While everyone else was gnawing on them... I kept a mantra in my head "I'm losing weight, I'm feeling great. Ten minutes of food is not worth starting over!"

(I am the ONLY one who didn't scarf them down) Yay!
  • Aphreal
    Aphreal Posts: 103
    Options
    I really do feel we women in our 40's have some issues that youngllings in their 20's don't seem to have. I am so glad for this group.

1. current goal is 161. That was my weight before I had my pelvic reconstruction. Following that I want to loose another 10 and be 150
    2. Recurring medical issues, multiple surgeries, long recoveries. Sugars
    3. Support, Support, Support. I need a solid forward seeking goal and a structure in which to push for it.