Week 2 - C2K How Is it going?

Options
taylor0204
taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
Hi Everyone

Last night I completed my first run for the second week. I have decided to do everything at the same speed this week so I walk/ran at 4.0 and managed to log in 1.32 miles.

Replies

• lohitverma
    lohitverma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Day 1 , week 2 completed yesterday,
    felt good and consciously went slow
    warm up at 3.5
    Jog at 4.5
    walk at 4
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    I decided to do week 1 again. I don't want to push myself to fast. I'm able to complete the week 1 with the speeds I am doing but it is still a struggle. Hopefully, after this week, I will feel that I can move on to week 2.

I wish you guys on week 2 much success. I will be there soon!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • taylor0204
    Options
    On great thing about the program is the ability to go forward at your own pace. Take your time because you don't want any injuries.
  • taylor0204
    Options
    Week 2- run #2 - This morning I had a great amount of energy. I decided to push up the speed on my run.
    I completed the brisk walk and all of the walking at 4.0 and ran at 4.5. Distance covered 1.40 miles. I felt good and was looking forward to the day
  • lohitverma
    lohitverma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Run 2 completed
    Observed that i was able to complete the whole session breathing through the nose, no panting - big victory for me :)

was meaning to go all slow, but at the *kitten* end of the session - a really peppy number started on my playlist and i got all pumped up :blushing: and just wanted to check how fast i could go without breathing through my mouth- upped the speed to 6mph and was able to comfortably keep at it for 90 seconds
    now as long as my knee doesn't complain (hasn't till now :happy: ) - i would be happy

but need to remember - go slow,... aah, but patience was never my strong suit :)
  • taylor0204
    Options
    Being able to maintain at 6.0 for 90 seconds is great. Going slow when you get pumped up is hard. I have my last run for the week on tomorrow.
  • Ely160
    Ely160 Posts: 51
    Options
    I finished my last session for week 2 today...I feel soooo good!!!

I'm so proud of all of you and how you guys have mnaged to go at your own pace, without getting discouraged, and most importantly without getting injured!! Let's keep it that way, shall we? :wink:

The fastest speed for me has been 5.5. Hmm... I might take it up to 6 like y'all, now that I'm feeling better.

Keep up the great work, runners! :glasses:
  • 139pilotwife
    139pilotwife Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I decided to do week 1 again. I don't want to push myself to fast. I'm able to complete the week 1 with the speeds I am doing but it is still a struggle. Hopefully, after this week, I will feel that I can move on to week 2.

I wish you guys on week 2 much success. I will be there soon!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

I start Week 5 Day 1 tomorrow BUT I've repeated every week before moving on to the next week...I tried to increase the run speed only and it has worked out well for me. So don't worry about repeating...slow & steady is my motto!

Keep up the good work. YOU can DO this!
  • cjacole
    cjacole Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    We jumped from W1D1 to W2D1 and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I actually felt a little better after wards. Hope to keep this up. My first 5K is March 3rd. It is definitely a littler harder runner outdoors than it is on a treadmill.
  • cjacole
    cjacole Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    we did 2 runs today and it felt great. I think I am getting addicted :)