Good things other people say :)

Options
uk_james
uk_james Posts: 52 Member
I've been on the healthy living, exercise (diet!) for about 3 weeks now. Had my first comment at work yesterday from someone who hadn't seen me for a couple of months - "you've list a lot if weight since I last saw you". It made my day to know that all my efforts are starting to make a noticeable difference.

Anyone else have any "feel good" experiences too?

Replies

• kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I've been on the healthy living, exercise (diet!) for about 3 weeks now. Had my first comment at work yesterday from someone who hadn't seen me for a couple of months - "you've list a lot if weight since I last saw you". It made my day to know that all my efforts are starting to make a noticeable difference.

Anyone else have any "feel good" experiences too?
    I work from home 50% of the time and go into our Croydon office twice a week and visit my colleagues in Birmingham about once a month. Around about Xmas time I was getting lots of compliments as it was very noticeable then how much weight I'd lost (plus folk hadn't seen me for about 3-4 weeks).

I think it's the fact that it's now very obvious that I've lost weight that folk comment on the fact helps keep me on the straight and narrow and not think, "Oh well, I've done enough" and then fall back into my old ways.

I've also signed up for a 5K swimathon at the end of April so I'll have to keep swimming and that will help keep me trim and get me down to 85kg by then hopefully.
  • Muc730
    Muc730 Posts: 24
    Options
    Mine was when someone actually said. " your to skinny"....I honestly haven't heard that in 20 years.:drinker:
  • uk_james
    uk_james Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good on you both! My other half (also losing weight with me) and I saw some friends yesterday, only been couple of weeks since we last saw them and one of them noticed too! Hooray, going to keep going. I must be one of those people that needs to be "stroked" from time to time!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    it's a great feeling isn't it? I can only smile and say thanks and mention that it's a great feeling! my brother the other day saw me from behind and told me I had a lump or something below my ear. It was my jaw! I never had a jaw before.... used to go from ears to shoulders....that one was great fun...