February Challenge

Options
LoveToWork
LoveToWork Posts: 59 Member
Anyone up to a monthly challenge? I want to lose at least a pound a week. I challenge you to do it with me. Let see how we do.

No overdoing it but we should be able to do a pound.

Jeanne from Oklahoma

Replies

• Hephree
    Hephree Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    a lb a week is impossible for me these days (sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't) but I'll certainly cheer you all on!
  • MatrixDyke
    MatrixDyke Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Im in!
  • LoveToWork
    Options
    All right .. we can do this. I have been very good for a long time but today a guy who works for me had a birthday and we bought him a cake.. I had a piece of it.. dang me but it was very good. :-0) I will be better.
  • tboothgenthe
    Options
    I'm in - 1 pound a week.
  • LoveToWork
    Options
    So far we have a nice group and one cheer leader... we can always use a some cheering. I started this to keep me focused. I am sure you all will do that, right? :wink:
    Our Group so far:
    LoveToWork - Jeanne
    tboothgenthe
    MatrixDyke
    Hephre
    tameko2 - cheer leader
  • MatrixDyke
    MatrixDyke Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Well I went out for a night on the town last night and between the beers, late night munchies and lack of sleep I'm not starting out all that hot. BUT. I will not let that discourage me, one night wont ruin the whole month so Im back to the plan of AT LEAST 1 lbs a week...Im actually hoping for more like 2 lbs. :)
  • tameko2
    Options
    Good attitude MD! I've actually had some really good losses AFTER A big food day like that (a few days after, once the sodium flushes and stuff). I think its good to relax and enjoy yourself once in a while.

Week's half over (assuming you count from Wed the 1st). How is everyone else doing? My weight seems like its not GAINING at least. I can deal wiht another 5 week plateau I guess. *sigh*
  • LemonSnap
    LemonSnap Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    So far we have a nice group and one cheer leader... we can always use a some cheering. I started this to keep me focused. I am sure you all will do that, right? :wink:
    Our Group so far:
    LoveToWork - Jeanne
    tboothgenthe
    MatrixDyke
    Hephre
    tameko2 - cheer leader

Add me to that list. I'm in.

@MatrixDyke
    ...Im actually hoping for more like 2 lbs. :)

I'm hoping for 2 lbs per week also.
  • tameko2
    Options
    Lemon - your ticker says you're trying to lose 90kg? You should have no problem losing 2lbs a week when you have that much to lose - you could actually add some exercise every day and not eat those calories back and aim for over 2 lbs a week at that weight.

Basic rule of thumb lately seems to be that .7% of your weight per week is safe and reduces the chance that you will experience a lot of muscle loss (ie more of your loss from fat).

PS and in case anyone doesn't know, shoot for at least 1.5 grams of protein per KG of lean body mass daily. Also helps prevent muscle loss.
  • LoveToWork
    Options
    Our Group so far:
    LoveToWork - Jeanne
    tboothgenthe
    MatrixDyke
    Hephre
    LemonSnap
    tameko2 - cheer leader

Some of us are doing great. I still am where I was when we started but hope to have a drop soon. I have been good so it should be showing up. This has kept me focused and I sure needed it. You guys know when you have been on a diet a long time it can get old and so easy to talk your self in to eating something that you know you should not eat. Every wrong bite adds up...

So how is everyone else feeling?

Jeanne
  • tameko2
    Options
    I lost .4 lbs this week (and then gained 2 lbs from the superbowl but that's just water, the .4 is legit) which is awesome because its exactly how much I want to lose every week (somewhere around a half pound) but RARELY actually happens (because bodies are weird)
  • Bubba_Furley
    Bubba_Furley Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would love to join... I have been losing around 2 pounds a week but could always use more support.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I had no loss this week...but a pound a week for the rest of the month would be great. I'm in!
  • LoveToWork
    Options
    I would love to join... I have been losing around 2 pounds a week but could always use more support.
    I had no loss this week...but a pound a week for the rest of the month would be great. I'm in!

Welcome Kfurley and nitalynne58.. Got you added to my list.. .. So if we started this on Feb 2 then a week would be up on the 8th. Lets see how everyone is on Wednesday Feb 8. Lets burn it up till then.. YES!
  • LemonSnap
    LemonSnap Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    @tameko2
    You should have no problem losing 2lbs a week when you have that much to lose - you could actually add some exercise every day and not eat those calories back and aim for over 2 lbs a week at that weight.

Silly me, sorry. I was just trying to be sociable.
  • tameko2
    Options
    @tameko2
    You should have no problem losing 2lbs a week when you have that much to lose - you could actually add some exercise every day and not eat those calories back and aim for over 2 lbs a week at that weight.

Silly me, sorry. I was just trying to be sociable.

Was something wrong? I just meant you can definitely do that, its just that 2lbs a week is too much for people who don't have much to lose.
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm in. That was my goal for this year anyway. 1lb a week for this year.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I reset my goals this afternoon. 2pounds a week still seems reachable.
  • LoveToWork
    Options
    Today is the day we see how we all did.

I did drop 1 pound like I had hoped I would. Thanks for your support. So how is everyone else?

==== Challenge Group ======
    LoveToWork - Jeanne
    tboothgenthe
    MatrixDyke
    Hephre
    LemonSnap
    kfurley
    nitalynne58
    tameko2 - cheer leader