Favorite IDE's/Editors?

Options
Saruman_w
Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
What're you guy's primary environment/tool of choice when coding? On Linux, I like to use Geany for most general languages. As for Web Development I'll switch over to Bluefish.

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Visual studio 2010
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    VIsual Studio, Eclipse and good ole Notepad!
  • MikeBigtime
    MikeBigtime Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Since I generally work in ASP.NET and c#, VS2010 is my preferred environment, with Notepad++ sitting on my other monitor. Not sure how I feel about VS2011's new look yet, but it sounds like a lot of the power tools extensions for 2010 got rolled into the core program for 2011, so it should be nice.
  • Gregularity
    Gregularity Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    These days, I almost exclusively use Eclipse, but I have to say that I have a sweet spot for IntelliJ IDEA. Though it's been years since I've worked with .NET, there's no doubt that Visual Studio is in a usability class of its own.
  • tyrsblade
    tyrsblade Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Notepad++ on windows, Nano on everything else.
  • travdes
    travdes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My favourite was IntelliJ, but I use Eclipse and Netbeans most often.
  • chris__sev
    chris__sev Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sublime text for life
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    NOT xcode...that's for sure..I usually use Visual Studio and Eclipse. With VS being the preference.

I'm happy with notepad and a command prompt since I'm usually in windows...Or vim and a terminal if I'm in school depending if it's a language I'm use to. Color coding is a plus so notepad++ or editpad is even better....added++ for things with IntelliSense.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Right now, Godot for games.

vim for everything else.
  • bendoylegray
    bendoylegray Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been enjoying Coda a lot recently. Doing a lot of PHP and Javascript development on multiple servers, so its features really fit my needs.

P.S. - Yes, I know I'm necro-ing this thread ;)
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    We have a lot of tools built for eclipse at work so that's become my at-home preference as well. For Java at least. I casually do some c# stuff on my own and I use VS2013 for that.