Whoo Hoo to us.....

Options
Tmrice721
Tmrice721 Posts: 86 Member
I just want to say thanks to CGAILB for starting this group. I have been reading the posts and responses..... and ok yes my family says I'm a softie :ohwell: but it really feels good to know that a lot of what I experience is not just isolated to me.... and not in the "misery loves company" way.... but in a "we are in the same boat, so let's paddle to the island together and make sure we don't loose anyone along the way" :bigsmile:

This group of mature women with different life experiences is just the place for me, I think we have all reached the age were it's time to put away the childishness and realize that family and quality of life are important. Sure we all want to have that sexy body, but health has now because I the top priority for us, whether it's because of health issues, wanting to spend quality time with our family or just because we know we can be a healther person. I look forward to chatting, venting, encouraging and being encouraged by each of you special ladies! Good luck to everyone and may you reach and surpass all of your goals :flowerforyou:

Thanks again CGAILB because Woment 40 and Over Rock!!!!!

Replies

• Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    well said! I enjoy being in a discussion community, but lately have noticed that I'm the old one, and have felt out of place. on some of the public discussion due to the culture change or maturity level. glad to be in a place where health is more of an issue than thin and hot! Glad to be here too
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was feeling quite old. I did Jane Fonda workouts - to a RECORD - yes a record, when I was a kid. Leotard, tights and leg warmers made the look complete! I suspect some of the younger members don't even know who Jane Fonda is.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tmrice for inviting me here, it looks great.
  • cgailb
    cgailb Posts: 29
    Options
    You're welcome. I started this because I didn't want to be the middle aged woman in the discussion of 20-30 somethings. The issues changed so much when I hit 40. I wanted input from other people like me. I'm so glad you are here!
    I just want to say thanks to CGAILB for starting this group. I have been reading the posts and responses..... and ok yes my family says I'm a softie :ohwell: but it really feels good to know that a lot of what I experience is not just isolated to me.... and not in the "misery loves company" way.... but in a "we are in the same boat, so let's paddle to the island together and make sure we don't loose anyone along the way" :bigsmile:

This group of mature women with different life experiences is just the place for me, I think we have all reached the age were it's time to put away the childishness and realize that family and quality of life are important. Sure we all want to have that sexy body, but health has now because I the top priority for us, whether it's because of health issues, wanting to spend quality time with our family or just because we know we can be a healther person. I look forward to chatting, venting, encouraging and being encouraged by each of you special ladies! Good luck to everyone and may you reach and surpass all of your goals :flowerforyou:

• CailleachBeara
    CailleachBeara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I had the Jane Fonda record! actually I had several workout records, lycra leotards, leg warmers etc.

So far I'm loving this forum :flowerforyou:
  • RILEYRED
    Options
    Micheller, I am usually the old one in the groups,lol. I have a hard time with the younger crowd, I can't spend 2 hours a day at the gym, run 2 hours a day, etc., so I always feel I have nothing to contribute. I love this group of "women".
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    I am glad to have found this group! I've never felt out of place however lately I have noticed I need to do things differently in order to allow my body to catch up. :laugh: I remember dancing on the bed with my sister to Abba's "Dancing Queen" way back ... does that place an age on me? LOL!
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    Your post is so true! Yes, I want to be healthy; somehow I need to balance it with teenagers and 40 + something hormonal changes! :heart: Thank you for your post!

• christineorr1
    christineorr1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • RILEYRED
    Options
    So, did everyone get thru V. Day without eating a lb. of chocolate? If you didn't, don't sweat it, today is a new day, start fresh,i did terrible yesterday, not choclote, but tooooo much food, I don't know what triggered me, I have tried to over think it, bottom line, that was yesterday, this is today, I am working harder at it today, cause at the end of the day yesterday, I really felt like crap,stomach ache, moody, tired, it was not worth it. Thanks for listening to me rant!! Have a great day:heart: