Day 4

Happy Day 4!

While I was ok on calories yesterday my sodium was close to Max. Ugh! I could feel it this am and the scale was up a lb. Oh well at least it should be temporary.

Have a great day!

Replies

• MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    So far I have had 20 oz of water and did a 6:30 am Pilates class!!! Whew I'm sleepy now lol Zumba this evening and I might be able to make up the strength training class I missed yesterday!
  • Annadrews
    Annadrews Posts: 93 Member
    Funny you should mention sodium, yesterday I started watching my sodium, it was supposed to be a one day thing because of another challenge I'm in but I decided to keep on doing it. I'm finding surprising things I didn't know, like you should only consume 1500-2300 mg of sodium per day and MFP is set a little high.

I'm getting ready to have another cup of coffee and then start getting my water in me and exercise a little harder today because tomorrow I'm going to weigh in and am really hoping to see some better results other than the 3.5 lbs I have been staying in ever since I started about 6 weeks ago.
  • newma6
    newma6 Posts: 100 Member
    Yesterday turned out pretty good. I got 7 glasses of water in, so I was short on that goal by one glass. I felt like I ate pretty good, except for missing breakfast. I woke up too late. I ended up being way under calories, but I felt satisfied when I went to bed. Hubby made beef stir fry for dinner last night. It was yummy!

Day has started off great so far. Got good sleep last night. Woke up feeling refreshed, which doesn't happen very often. Had vanilla yogurt and strawberries for Breakfast. Gonna hit the treadmill in about 30 minutes, then have some lunch. After that I will probably do the Shred and let Jillian kick my butt around!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day! :bigsmile:
  • torrey66
    torrey66 Posts: 16 Member
    Today is going good.I have 28oz left out of a gallon.I started out late for my first meal but if I eat every 2hrs,I will be back on track.I also have a problem with high sodium intake and also water retention.Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this under control besides watching my sodium?
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Today is going good.I have 28oz left out of a gallon.I started out late for my first meal but if I eat every 2hrs,I will be back on track.I also have a problem with high sodium intake and also water retention.Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this under control besides watching my sodium?
    [/quote

I have the exact same question! I checked my sodium intake and it is high especially on days I have salad dressing and a biscuit w/ sausage gravy
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Everything ive read is drink water. Speaking of that....8 glasses in already so will be way over by bedtime!
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Hi everyone. Today I did pretty good with my diary. I started out the morning with a piece of pie for breakfast. Just one of those cravings...turned out it wasn't anything special:noway: ...lol, no seconds. I did, however, manage to finish out the day under calories. :smile: My water has been an issue with me from day one:mad: ..Other than a glass now and again....I never drank much water before I started MFP. My water was soda and coffee. I do quite a bit better than that now...still not there consistently ... it is a real battle. Deana, you made a post today about feeling as fat today as you did when you started MFP...I am feeling the same way as of late. Not sure where that is coming from. :ohwell: Seems I am in a funk and can't shake it.:frown: I decided to begin again...just as though I started MFP today....well....tomorrow, today is nearly over...I'm going to try again... Good luck everybody...see you tomorrow. P.S. Thanks for letting me whine !!! :blushing:
  • tropicalgirl34
    tropicalgirl34 Posts: 124 Member
    Here is a link to a good article from the Mayo Clinic on sodium consumption. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sodium/NU00284 There are many variables as to why you may be retaining so much fluid. It could be the filtration of the kidneys, or excess sodium in the blood which leads to heart issues and/or high blood pressure. I'm not a doctor, but I'am a nurse so I'm just throwing this information out there. If you have daily water retention that is constant, I would defintely talk to your doctor.
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Just checking in before I get in bed mode.

I work till 7 on.Thursday so its always a battle to fit things in. This is why id like to get into an am workout routine...but my night owl side HATES mornings!!! Tonight after work my son and I tried a recipe for rainbow cupcakes. While I love my sweets, for some reason if I cook them, I can stay away from them. I totally do not understand this. But I managed to stay under calories despite getting no workout in.

Another day no soda! I don't even think about it much.

Thanks for the info on sodium!!!!
  • torrey66
    torrey66 Posts: 16 Member
    Thanks for the feedback everyone,very helpful info:smile:
  • Melimoo2012
    Melimoo2012 Posts: 24 Member
    my head is in gear got a jog lined up and my boyfriend is out of army so no more excusses hoping to get some serous losses in the next month i have stayed the same too long
  • newma6
    newma6 Posts: 100 Member
    Yesterday went well as far as eating and calories went. I only got in half my water, so I was dissappointed about that. Looking forward to day5!