I dont know what to do, please Help my doggy... Mr Yoda

Options
Morning or evening :)

Hope you can advise. I have a 5 year old Male Rottweiler (Mr Yoda) , hes not been Castrated. 3 weeks ago i noticed blood in his poo, it was bright red (fresh blood) I took him to the vets who said he might hav an inflamed bowel. i put him on a chicken and rice diet. The following day i noticed drops of blood on the floor, looked like it was coming out of his penis. I took him back to the vets and they put him on Antibiotics as ??? UTI.

I kept him on chicken and rice with antibiotics for 5 days and i blood stopped. :) so for nearly two weeks he was fine.

2days ago i noticed he was drinking alot more water than normal, i put it down to the heating being on inside as its very cold. Yesterday there was blood dripping out again this time alot. He does not appear to be in pain but is not himself. I took him back to the vets who gave him more antibiotics and a hormone injection. He checked his urine and as i already new there was alot of blood in it. So he has haematuria as well as fress blood leaking. The vet said go back in one month. I dont feel comfortable with what he said. As my last rottweiler collaped on a walk one day and he never came home :( RIP Rocky. When they opperated on Rocky he was Full of cancer that had probably started on his prostate. Do you think i should get anther opinion, or wait the month.

I dont have any Insurance as they want £90 -$143 a month and i cant even afford house insurance anymore. But i will pay some how to get my baby boy better.

Anyway thank you for your time x

Replies

• quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Bloodwork, radiographs, and another opinion. You want a doctor that will perform diagnostics to find out the source of the problem vs. a doctor that just prescribes antibiotics.

You may even end up needing an ultrasound.

Good luck, dear!
  • traceyx69
    Options
    Totally agree thank you. All they want to do is give out medication, in other words make you spend as much as possible and then do tests.

I will get an appointment for him

Many thanks x
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    It is stated on the community page that this is not a place to ask for medical advice for your pet.

I agree with Quixoticmantis, a second opinion with more diagntostics is needed. Also, your dog is not neutered. Blood coming from the penis of an intact male dog sends out red flags to the prostrate. Have his prostrate checked out. I know you stated that you lost your last dog to prostrate cancer, and I hope this is not the case with Yoda. Why is he not neutered? Neutering your dog is the best way to avoid prostrate problems. It's entirely preventable.