Welcome WAG members!

Options
getfitdiva
getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
Time to get our swag back on the weekends. We are sooooo perfect on the weekday and then Friday-Sunday it's an all out party. It's easy to get off course on the weekends. Believe me I know. Please introduce yourself and what is your goal(s) for the weekend.

Tamara aka getfitdiva

Replies

• skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sky here. Yes thats my name. Lol

I want to stop binging on the weekends, especially at night. When I'm bored at night i notice i eat the most. Thinking about incorporating a long relaxing walk at night to help prevent me from eating so much at night. I think its worth a try. C:
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    Hi Sky,

Great plan. I find myself wanting to eat because it's so available/I'm out and about or I'm bored often. Having pre-planned activities is a great solution to get started and not focus on the mindless eating.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda here...I just want to be consistent with logging and making good choices on the weekend. If I do have a high calorie meal planned (like Outback next weekend) I want to make adjustments to my day and have a massive workout to offset some of the damage on the weekend. On Sunday this last week I saw 142.6, today 144.4....arrrrgghh all because of bad weekend choices.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    P.S. Diva I suck at belonging to groups so you may have to give me an extra kick in the pants.
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm LeAndra,
    My goal is to stop eating what my family eats on the weekend which is usually fast food also to stay away from this wonderful
    Peruvian place called La Granja(just thinking about this makes my mouth water) and cook good meals on the weekend!!!
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im Quita!
    I am not horrible every weekend lol but when I do have a cheat "treat" it most likely turns into the ENTIRE weekend and that is the part I don't like. I know my problem is weekends tend to be busy and I rarely cook. So I plan to make meals on Friday that can last hubby and I the entire weekend so we aren't tempted to stop and "grab something quick" because we have been out all day and are tired.
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I am here and ready to go! So glad you did this I needed it. I was 207.6 on Friday morning and today when I got back on the scale it jumped to 211.6... That is crazy now I have to work extra hard to get the re-gained weight back off before I can even think about losing this week. My weigh-ins fall on Thursdays so Fridays are always the worst. Then dinner with hubby on saturdays. I need to get this under control so its up to all of you to kick my butt so i will listen. good luck to all of you and together we can do this!!
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Also if anyone is interested please add me!!
  • Nelly_J
    Options
    Hello, I'm Nelly! I think this group will be good for me; even though I like to have a cheat day here or there. I really need to stop pigging out the entire weekend from sun up to sun down! I hate that I keep setting myself back...I can see a loss on Friday for it to come right back by Monday..
  • getfitdiva
    Options
    You all sound like me! This is why I started this group.

@Amanda I'm bad at groups too but I will try my best to stick w/ this one I created! HA HA. Great idea to pre-plan but you must burn it up! I mean burn it like it never happened. Monday I'm up 2-3 lbs easy from bad weekend eating and it takes 1-3 weeks go work off a weekend! GRRRR.

@LeAndra so you definitely know the place to avoid! LOL. We will take this weekend by weekend.

@Quita girl you know we know how to have a mean burn. Pre-planning meals on the weekend is necessary. I think during this over year long journey the weekends are just my weakness and I just need to stay focused.

Tamara aka getfitdiva
  • tlandry21
    Options
    Hi my name is Tiffany. I need to work on continuing my healthy eating habits on the weekend. I still exercise however my high calorie and high sodium food choices are kicking me in the rear!
  • Now0rNever
    Now0rNever Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Diva! thanks for inviting me to this group!! Just in time as my anniversary is the 16th so we'll be celebrating this weekend....now I have all the more reason to BEHAVE :):flowerforyou:
  • AllDayMzAmberJ
    AllDayMzAmberJ Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Amber! *I feel like this is like Weekend Eaters Anonymous*...

Anyways, I have known from the beginning of this journey the weekend would be the worst time for me. I try and cook ALL of our meals in the house Sun - Thurs, so by Friday hubby and I are ready to go hog wild. We usually eat pizza EVERY Friday, and at least one of our meals on Sat or Sun (or both) are usually fast food. I thought as we added more activities into our weekend, we wouldn't eat out as much, but that actually has backfired on us, because as we try and run around we end up famished out in the streets and turn to our tried and true of fast food (not to mention I always have a toddler with me, whom will eat chicken nuggets any time of the day). LOL...

But all in all, this is all excuses and I need to be more accountable to myself on the weekends because come Monday morning I am always mad at myself!
  • katcain1
    Options
    Hello, Im Katrice and I really need help on the weekends! Usually My hubby wants to eat out and have drinks and it is very hard to stay on track. This will be an extra push for me, Thanks!
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    Hi I'm Kathy. I chose to change to a healthier lifestyle in 2010. I lost weight and have maintained for 6 months. I'm ready to lose again and do until....
    you guessed it - the weekend!!! Like others I gained 2 lbs. this weekend and those were 2 lbs. that I worked hard to lose! I was at an all time low and am sooo mad at myself. I went to a party hungry even though I knew it was not a good idea. I justified it by telling myself I was saving as many calories as possible for the party but that wasn't smart. I should have eaten before I went and stayed out of the kitchen.

Other weekends I stay home and eat because I'm bored. I'm tired of the weekend weight gain! Thanks for starting this group! Hopefully I will get some much needed tips that I can put to use.
  • jonisteenhoek
    jonisteenhoek Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Joni! I get sooo bored every weekend.....with nothing to do but think about how hungry I am!! I start out with that little snack, no big deal....then that bowl of cereal....and it just doesn't stop!!! The last couple of weekends have been horrible!! I need to be held accountable!
  • Agefyter
    Agefyter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wait, WHAT?? Is that what my problem is? I thought Friday night date-nights and weekends didn't count toward weight loss and fitness! Ok, I guess I do know but have a very difficult time handling it. I can loose the weight I want when I'm hyper vigilant then throw caution to the wind and eat like I'm 18 again, like nothing will stick. Well, it ALL STICKS NOW!

I will work on being accountable. Thanks for the invite!:drinker:
  • Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Liz. I am soooo weak on the weekends. My biggest weakness quite honestly is wine. Friday thru Sunday I enjoy wine in the evenings. As well as possibly a few beers in the afternoon. This absolutely kills any attempts I make to eat well and continue to exercise. I admit my eating and exercise slip as well but since I realized how many calories I was taking in with the wine, I feel really guilty not exercising.
    Anyway, I think it will help to be a part of a community who are all working towards the same goal. Strengthening wishes to all!
  • lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lisa. I have problems on the weekends, as my hubby and I will go out to eat Friday, and maybe order something Saturday, too. And then you have friends who want to go out and do something which usually involves a meal. During the week I have my routine to keep me in check, but the weekends are different. I just want to be able to stay under my calorie goal and be disciplined.
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I am an intermittent faster and in denial of my weekend splurges please help me!!! HAHAHA

My biggest problem is Friday nights and Saturday afternoons.