WL: 3.0
    TWL: 78.6
  • whoreheyR1
    whoreheyR1 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    LW: 228.6 (2/6/12)
    CW: 231.2 (02/13/12)
    Gain: 2.6

So I haven't worked out since last Sunday and now I'm the exact same weight I was on 12/5/11, this roller coaster is starting to bug me :ohwell:
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    LWW 408.2
    TWW 395.0
    Loss 13.2

Gentlemen I tried the heart bypass surgery weight loss plan last week. Monday I had a double bypass. Until I had dinner last night I doubt that I had 500 calories total.

aug

Heal fast Aug and hang in there.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    LWW 304.2 CW 305.6 up 1.4. That's what three days of high sodium and that extra burger last night will do. I'm sure by tomorrow I'll release it, buyt thats my number for this week.
    Back to the basics. Weight/Cardio and high protein lower carb for me.
    Let's GIT-R-DONE!
  • djsysstem
    djsysstem Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Tim,

If it isn't too late to change, then I lost another 0.5 in a process from this week.

LW: 153
    CW: 150.5

2.5 lb loss
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    LWW 408.2
    TWW 395.0
    Loss 13.2

Gentlemen I tried the heart bypass surgery weight loss plan last week. Monday I had a double bypass. Until I had dinner last night I doubt that I had 500 calories total.

aug

Aug,
    Wow brother, I am so sorry to hear this but happy that you are past it and back on here. My thoughts and prayers to you. I guess this is exactly why we are all here now. Wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery.

With that being said, I think I have lost my mojo. Today is my 400th consecutive day on MFP. I never thought I would be here now if you told me this a year ago. On the other side of the coin, 7 months ago I thought I would be much further along than I am now too.

I am not sure exactly where I lost my mojo. I have all sorts of motivators going for me this year along with a fantastic support group both here on MFP and in my personal life.

The only things I can really put my finger on is my job and my knees. Those are the 2 long term de-motivators. I really feel that my poor performance of late is more attributed to not being able to exercise (play racquetball) regularly. I FINALLY go in on Wednesday to see my new orthopaedic surgeon. Hopefully I'll be able to get things moving along now. I have sooo much I want to do before this summer is over.

My numbers for this week are;

LW 290
    CW 292
    2 pound gain :sad:

I'll get the chart up a bit later. Hoping a few more guys check in.
  • djsysstem
    Options
    Tim,

Rethink your strategies and the reasons why you're here. We all obviously want to lose weight, but what are we doing about it? Besides your knees (which I hope get better) and job, can you realistically weigh in the good and the bad from working out? Keep in mind, eating healthy also aids to the weight loss as I had lost most of it changing my diet completely.

I was sitting in front of my computer a few days ago and trying to figure out why am I so damn lazy? Last 2 or so pounds are just so hard to go before my FINAL goal of 150 pounds. Figure out what strategies you could use to adapt to change your behavior regarding laziness and overcoming that one barrier to losing weight again. You're committed alright by coming here every single day, but are you committed enough to monitoring your calorie intake health-wise and getting enough workout?

It's something to think about. I downloaded a few books on how to battle my laziness, listened to a few lectures, and made a conclusion that laziness is a natural body self-defense mechanism from doing something you should be doing because you don't fully realize the importance of that goal and necessity in accomplishing it. Let me know how it goes for you.

The most important thing is not to delay anything. If you told yourself you should workout today, workout today, even if its for 5 minutes. If you told yourself you should wash dishes right after you eat, get up and wash it without any resistance (which I'm going to do now by the way). Battling laziness is not about motivating and forcing yourself through it, it is about rethinking and strategizing a little bit differently. Not to say that you are lazy because I'm talking from my perspective about myself, but this could apply to many.

This should be a read for all members on here.
  • toddhbrown
    toddhbrown Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey Tim,
    I'll help you find your mojo. You'll be back on track in no time.
    Keep your head up brother.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Todd,
    Thanks buddy, let's get-r-done!!

djsyssem - believe it or not, if there is one thing I'm not, it's lazy. I'm not much of a couch potatoe type guy. Plain and simple, my metabolism is non-existent. This is not an excuse. It just means I really need to focus more on the nutrition side of things if I can't exercise. I also have no excuse why I can't swim other than vanity in that many of the people at my gym are fellow cops. I can and should get my butt into the pool at 5 am when they open if I'm too self-conscious to do it at other times.

You are also right that I need to start logging my calories again. I did this in the past and just got away from it. So, beginning today, I will start logging my food again. Thanks for holding my feet to the fire. I do need to rethink my strategies.

Chart to follow.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Here you go gents,
    Bigaug is this weeks biggest loser but what a way to do it. I'm thinking of you my friend and hope you are well on your road to recovery. All the guys that lost this week did a fantastic job and certainly stepped it up from last week. Congrats to all of you.

Some of us, especially me, need to focus a bit more and get back to what worked for us in the past.

I hope you all have a great week.

WeekofFeb6.jpg
  • soulsetfree
    Options
    No change for me. I really thought I'd see a change but the scale didn't budge. I ate fairly clean and did 3 days of crossfit. Maybe my body is just adapting this week.

LWW - 246
    CWW - 246
  • djsysstem
    Options
    Nutrition is as important as exercise, if not more important. Believe me, I didn't lose 50+ pounds by working out every single day! I certainly am NOT proud of it and after reconsidering my laziness, I've worked out 3 days in a row now. That is the new me, and I hope you find some means to find ways to workout without reinjuring yourself (swimming is a great way to work out). I also started logging again to keep myself in check, and so should you. Best of luck buddy!

Bigaug, wow man, what a way to lose weight. I hope you feel better and take care of yourself! Best of health buddy!
    Todd,
    Thanks buddy, let's get-r-done!!

djsyssem - believe it or not, if there is one thing I'm not, it's lazy. I'm not much of a couch potatoe type guy. Plain and simple, my metabolism is non-existent. This is not an excuse. It just means I really need to focus more on the nutrition side of things if I can't exercise. I also have no excuse why I can't swim other than vanity in that many of the people at my gym are fellow cops. I can and should get my butt into the pool at 5 am when they open if I'm too self-conscious to do it at other times.

You are also right that I need to start logging my calories again. I did this in the past and just got away from it. So, beginning today, I will start logging my food again. Thanks for holding my feet to the fire. I do need to rethink my strategies.

Chart to follow.
  • shabbarshaikh
    shabbarshaikh Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Special_Thanks-1.jpg
  • toddhbrown
    toddhbrown Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Had a great week. I'm back on my game plan. This is unbelievable. I can actually see myself hitting my goal by October as long as I can stay disciplined. Thank you gentlemen for being in this group and continuing to fight for your goals.

Here are my numbers for the report.

SW -381
    GW - 215
    LW - 335.25
    CW - 323.5
    WT - 11.75
    TWL - 57.5
    DLP - 02/15/12
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Just posted this on my regular home page wall.

Hmmm, I had my appointment with the new Orthopedic Surgeon yesterday and not sure if I’m happy or sad. Last surgeon told me severe arthritis and total knee replacement eminent. Do not play racquetball. Do not jog. Do not pass go. This was in the late spring / early summer of 2011. By this point I had lost close to 60 pounds. I was a good boy and followed my doctor’s orders, mostly. I did do another Warrior Dash and some hikes training for the Dash.

Fast forward to yesterday. Meet my new doctor. This one specializes in sports related joint injuries. After a bunch more x-rays etc… he tells me I am nowhere close to needing surgery. I do have moderate arthritis in my left knee and mild arthritis in my right knee. The torn meniscus in my left knee will never actually “heal” but that I should be exercising regularly to build up the muscles that surround my knee. He says I can continue to play racquetball or any other sport I choose. I just need to be aware that I’m not getting any younger and to pay attention to pain.

So, I am greatly relieved that I apparently don’t need two or even one surgery. However, I feel I’ve been cheated out of 7 or 8 months of fitness and playing a sport I love. I am further from my goal today than I was last summer as I have put back on close to 20 pounds of that total weight lost.

On another good note though, I think my mojo was hiding in that doctor’s office yesterday and they handed it back to me. I’ve got some serious catching up to do.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Had a great week. I'm back on my game plan. This is unbelievable. I can actually see myself hitting my goal by October as long as I can stay disciplined. Thank you gentlemen for being in this group and continuing to fight for your goals.

Here are my numbers for the report.

SW -381
    GW - 215
    LW - 335.25
    CW - 323.5
    WT - 11.75
    TWL - 57.5
    DLP - 02/15/12

Buddy, you are doing so freaking amazing. Inspiring!!!
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Checking In
    LWW - 249
    CWW - 248

Dropping off line for a few days while I go see family. Way to stick with it guys.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Checking In
    LWW - 249
    CWW - 248

Dropping off line for a few days while I go see family. Way to stick with it guys.

Great job, have a fantastic weekend with the family!
  • cnweiss88
    cnweiss88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Had a pretty good week as far as diet and exercise goes. I hit my halfway mark of 25lbs at 185lbs. I imagine the second half of my weight loss will be more challenging, but I am all geared up and ready.

LW 186 lbs
    CW 184.4 lbs
    Loss this week 1.6 lbs

Best,
    Cary
  • tllstaco
    tllstaco Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Forgot to weigh in........count me as a zero please.