Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

weight lose - meds

Does anyone know if you loose weight you need less meds for hypothyrodism as your body mass decreases?

Replies

• Check with your doctor to be sure.

You can also google the medication you are taking to get the PDR to see if there is information on dosage based on the patients body weight.
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    My endo told me that they're going to have to adjust my meds as I lose weight.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    My guess is very likely. Our bodies react differently to the replaces hormones based on our weight and body fat %.
  • Thanks everyone. I think it would make sense. I hope so I would love to decrease my med even better still never have to take them again. My friend was a big girl with hypothyroidism and she lost her weight and stopped taking her medicine (though i don't recommend that) she went back a year later to the doctors after getting told off they tested her blood and it was back to normal.